Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

T2:UE at Buy.com $28.49 vs. $22.49

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

T2:UE at Buy.com $28.49 vs. $22.49

Old 08-28-00, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I ordered this at $28.49 on 06/28 and now find it is listed at $22.49, so I sent buy.com customer service an email. Here's the short version of their canned response:

Not within the 24-hour window. Can't help ya. Won't help ya. Sorry, our valued customer. WE DON'T EVEN PRICEMATCH OUR OWN SITE AFTER 24 HOURS!!!

Geez.
Old 08-28-00, 08:49 PM

Wow! Someone correctly posted a retailer problem in the "Online Store Forum" instead of the Bargains forum! It's nice to see some can follow instructions!

Cosmo, I would recommend calling them up again and politely asking again if they will price-match. When they say no, politely ask for an RMA (return) number, if your DVD has already shipped. Then return the movie and buy it cheaper somewhere else. Circuit City has it for $19.99 this week. Or just re-order it from buy.com for the lower price.

[This message has been edited by Funk (edited August 28, 2000).]
Old 08-28-00, 09:34 PM
steak

I had buy.com price match 2 pre-orders with the same circumstances. But I also had to follow-up with them after I got my DVD's because they "forgot" to credit my account back. I always did my price matched on-line and for some reason they were always off by less than $1 in their favor on the match. i.e. If T2 was $28.50 when you pre-ordered and the new price was $22.50, then their "price match" would be $23.27. Very wierd, but I hate talking to CSR's and I did not argue for the extra change.

Good Luck.
Old 08-30-00, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Don't give in. Cancel it or return it and get one at a B&M for $19.99.
Old 08-31-00, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by cosmo:
Not within the 24-hour window. Can't help ya. Won't help ya. Sorry, our valued customer. WE DON'T EVEN PRICEMATCH OUR OWN SITE AFTER 24 HOURS!!!

Geez.
<HR>

It's true, this is the dumbest policy ever. The same thing happened when I ordered a CL Annihilator 2 when it just came out. Buy dropped the price by nearly $40 from the pre-order price after its release. I called and tried to have the difference credited to my order, and the CSR just adamantly refused. So I told her that I'm simply going to refuse shipment (This is Buy.com, forget about cancelling.) on the first order, and place another order at the lower price. She told me I have to pay for the return shipping, but for $40, I didn't care.

So I told UPS to pick up the first card that Buy.com shipped because I'm refusing the package, and I got credited for it 10 days later, I didn't even get charged for the return shipping!

PAL
Old 08-31-00, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's B*((S&&T!! Especially if you can return it! Even all the B&M's will credit you if you buy something and the next day it's on sale.