Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How rare is it for a county to have *3* video rental stores in this day and age?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How rare is it for a county to have *3* video rental stores in this day and age?

Old 03-22-14, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: How rare is it for a county to have *3* video rental stores in this day and age?

I think most remaining video stores are kind of archival. There are a few still in Chicago, Facets being the best. It's pretty much Netflix in a storefront with an enormous selection of mainstream, indie, historical, and foreign films.
Old 03-25-14, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts
Re: How rare is it for a county to have *3* video rental stores in this day and age?

Originally Posted by TheKing
I think county is far too wide of a net.

Hell, I can think of at least that many within walking distance. Of course I'm sure most of them cater to mexicans, but still.
"County" is subjective depending on where you live. In my area for work I have a few counties which have very low population counts (i.e., less than 7,000 people in the whole county) and small geographic footprints (i.e., less than 300 square miles).
Old 04-06-14, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please update us with a link or such when the then minute cut is ready. thanks!
Old 09-20-14, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Venom
please update us with a link or such when the then minute cut is ready. thanks!
The new 14 minute one has now been completed. It's being held over for its appearance on a one night showing at the independent theater (along with the other student documentaries.

I'll post it hopefully by early next month. It was a bear to put together, but it was satisfying.
Old 09-20-14, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Awesome! Can't wait to see it! Seeing your movie at the theater has to be a rewarding experience.