DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Beware of doing business with DeepDiscount (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/617230-beware-doing-business-deepdiscount.html)

transist0r 01-17-14 01:53 PM

Beware of doing business with DeepDiscount

I ordered $200 worth of DVDs from DeepDiscount and the box arrived in a bag. It had fallen apart since DeepDiscount apparently uses old banged up boxes that aren't properly taped.

The box was completely empty. I contacted DeepDiscount customer service and was told to take it up with USPS. USPS said that it was the responsibility of the shipper to make the claim, not the customer. So I contacted DeepDiscount again and they said that weren't going to make the claim to USPS and I should take it up with my credit card company.

I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of DVDs from DeepDiscount and this is how they treat me. I wouldn't recommend ordering any significant dollar amount of DVDs from DeepDiscount because you might get ripped off like I did.

DVD Josh 01-17-14 02:23 PM

Re: Beware of doing business with DeepDiscount

I think you should start another thread about it.

transist0r 01-17-14 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 11981220)
I think you should start another thread about it.

Ok

MooMooMooMoo 01-18-14 02:33 AM

Stupid on the retailer's part (actually wholesaler); DD is really wholesaler Super D. The thing is, when you dispute it with Visa/MC etc; the reseller loses the money PLUS they lose a chargeback fee; usually between $12-$20 though it's sometimes higher. As much as i hate Super D, I'm really surprised they're being this stupid.

leahcim 01-18-14 07:28 AM

Yeh, I am surprised

I have had 20-25 orders with DD in 5 years and never had a problem. They are slipping lately but still.....

To each his own. I will still order if the price is right and chalk your experience up to....stuff happens.

Hokeyboy 01-18-14 09:20 AM

I would not order from Deep Discount, even if the merchandise was FREE. These people are utter lying scum.

DirkUSA 01-18-14 12:07 PM

Strange, it feels like I read the same thread twice.......................................

danwiz 01-18-14 04:32 PM

This thread should be deleted seeing as you posted the same thing twice! Where are the mods?

transist0r 01-18-14 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by danwiz (Post 11982216)
This thread should be deleted seeing as you posted the same thing twice! Where are the mods?

I posted this in another forum and it was moved. Sorry about that...