Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount sent me an empty box and won't take responsibility!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-14, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered $200 worth of DVDs from DeepDiscount and the box arrived in a bag. It had fallen apart since DeepDiscount apparently uses old banged up boxes that aren't properly taped.

The box was completely empty. I contacted DeepDiscount customer service and was told to take it up with USPS. USPS said that it was the responsibility of the shipper to make the claim, not the customer. So I contacted DeepDiscount again and they said that weren't going to make the claim to USPS and I should take it up with my credit card company.

I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of DVDs from DeepDiscount and this is how they treat me. I won't be doing business with them any longer.
Old 01-17-14, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: DeepDiscount sent me an empty box and won't take responsibility!

Sounds like you were in the wrong. You should call back and apologize.
Old 01-17-14, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Sounds like you were in the wrong. You should call back and apologize.
How so?
Old 01-17-14, 03:36 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by transist0r
I should take it up with my credit card company.
This is the right approach. Do a charge-back and state the merchandise was not received.
Old 01-17-14, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
This is the right approach. Do a charge-back and state the merchandise was not received.
I will, but that should be the last resort in a situation like this. DeepDiscount is passing the responsibility on to my credit card company when they should be taking care if themselves.
Old 01-17-14, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 101 Likes on 63 Posts

This is just ridiculous! I once ordered some books from a company and when they arrived at my home the box was soaking wet and, of course, the books were ruined. I took a photo, sent it to the company and a new shipment was sent to me within 24 hours. How is it possible that companies can be SO VERY DIFFERENT in their handling of problems related to shipping?! "There oughta' be a law."

In my case the shipment was through DHL, but the book company did NOT tell me to take it up with DHL or even hint that I might want to complain to them!
Old 01-17-14, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

I keep telling people never to do business with Deep Discount. They charged me for a shipment I had cancelled and never received. When I called and emailed to complain, they basically told me to suck it. Thankfully American Express ripped them an ass when I instigated a chargeback AND wasn't charged a dime.

AVOID DEEP DISCOUNT LIKE THE PLAGUE.
Old 01-17-14, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I will, but that should be the last resort in a situation like this. DeepDiscount is passing the responsibility on to my credit card company when they should be taking care if themselves.
you already contacted them about it and they told you by passing it off to the shipper, basically, to get stuffed. You are at the last resort. You're CC company will make more of an impression on them than you will.
Old 01-17-14, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

You have to let your credit card company deal with this problem. My guess is that someone at the Postal Service "accidentally" opened the package and took your DVDs. Some guy on eBay is probably flipping them now.

Companies are loath to do anything against the credit card companies, they hold critical power over the companies' livelihoods.
Old 01-18-14, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strange, it feels like I read the same thread twice.......................................
Old 01-18-14, 02:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered $200 worth of DVDs from DeepDiscount and the box arrived in a bag. It had fallen apart since DeepDiscount apparently uses old banged up boxes that aren't properly taped.
The box was completely empty. I contacted DeepDiscount customer service and was told to take it up with USPS. USPS said that it was the responsibility of the shipper to make the claim, not the customer. So I contacted DeepDiscount again and they said that weren't going to make the claim to USPS and I should take it up with my credit card company..
You were within your rights to file through the USPS; this can be done by either the shipper or the addressee. Only thing though, it had to have been insured.
Assuming that DD was too cheap to insure the box, you are better off letting them get zapped by your credit card company.
Old 01-18-14, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by ReelFlick
You were within your rights to file through the USPS; this can be done by either the shipper or the addressee. Only thing though, it had to have been insured.
Assuming that DD was too cheap to insure the box, you are better off letting them get zapped by your credit card company.
You know, I just remembered that the DD customer service rep said that USPS wouldn't reimburse them because the package wouldn't qualify. I assume it wasn't insured. So they told me to talk to USPS knowing full well USPS wouldn't take my claim. Shady...
Old 01-19-14, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pee in the box's butt. that's why it is empty, it's just asking for it.
Old 01-21-14, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Last time I ordered from them they used to be DDD. But from the looks of it I'll never be ordering them from them in the future.
Old 01-22-14, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not to defend a shipper but I am certain many people claim not to have received an item. You have the bag, take it and empty box back to the PO and file a claim. The bag, with it's written apology, should state it was damaged in delivery. If done immediately the delivery person may be able to confirm it was empty.