Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Express "your points" ?!?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Express "your points" ?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-00, 01:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone know anything about this I just received some shipping notices and it said something about www.express.com/yourpoints to check on point status It looks to be something like what CDnow does w/ the Fast Forward thing. I hadn't heard anything about though, did anyone else
Old 08-28-00, 01:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually taking the time now to login to the site

quote:<HR>
Please note: After a new purchase, it may take up to 24 hours for points to appear in your account. One point is granted for each dollar spent on in-stock Express.com products
(excluding Auction) that ship complete between August 22 at 3 p.m. PST and October 13 at 2:59 p.m. PST. Points are only granted for the purchase price, not for tax or shipping and handling costs. Customers must pay shipping and handling costs for all rewards. Regardless of the number of points earned, you may only receive one of each type of reward. (For example, if you have 600 points, you may not select two copies of the Sydney 2000©™ game, but you may select one copy of the game, one hat, and one copy of the game demo.) If you feel there is an error with your points, send an email to [email protected] and an Express.com representative will provide assistance. Please view our Frequently Asked Questions page for further rules and restrictions.
<HR>

BTW it looks like it is a limited time thing for Olympic stuff only

[This message has been edited by nemein (edited August 28, 2000).]
Old 08-29-00, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, the orders from DVDexpress are okay... But now I hate it, why? First of all you can't ship the items once they are in stock (that's after you placed the order). Say, if one of your per-ordered DVD is pushed back, you do want the rest send to you right? Well, DVDexpress makes that hard, very hard... If you don't becareful, you can lose the entire order! Secondly, you are NOT allowed to change your address! I mean, you can't even edit your OWN address, what the hell with that??? Well, the only to do it is to call the 1888 number, which leads to the question, WHY? Thirdly, the shipping charge is nut, I mean they didn't pack the DVDs with super protection or anything, so what's their excuse of big fees?? Kinda remind me of Columbia House... Lastly, no more coupons, it doesn't give a damn about existing customers!