Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Can I modify buy.com order?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Can I modify buy.com order?

Old 08-22-00, 06:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just found out Gladiator at buy.com is not the one I thought it would be I'd like to modify my order, i.e. add something there and then remove Gladiator to keep free shipping & gift certificate there. Is it possible? If it is not possible do they automatically give me a new GC?

P.S. In case you wonder how someone outside USA is using buy.com story is that I got a gift certificate from Reel and to use it I had to order something to friend's address in USA.
Old 08-22-00, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is no ability to add items to an order from their website. You'd have to call them up.
Old 08-22-00, 07:44 PM

And even if you call them up you're probably SOL. I had a credit card comprimised, and it was one I had used for numerous buy.com pre-orders. So I call up the CSR and say I need to change the credit card that's associated with those orders. The response:
quote:<HR>Once you've placed an order, it's kind of "set in stone" and there aren't any changes that I can make other than cancel it<HR>

I finally got them to transfer me to a voice mail in the credit department, and fortunately I got a call back and got the orders changed. But the CSRs are worthless.
Old 08-22-00, 09:39 PM

Just ask to speak to a supervisor. It's not really the CSR's fault that their dumb as brick. Their just only trained to do the basics prolly.

------------------
trae My DVD Collection
Old 08-23-00, 11:52 AM

Hmm, I have the impression that buy.con's CS supervisors are about as useless as their frontline CSRs. I had a funny exprerience yesterday: I called about a GC that was supposed to be returned to my account. The last few day's I've been working late at night, so I called about 1am. The CSR who replied insisted that she was a CS supervisor. A supervisor at 1am answering the phones? No wonder she was so un-cooperative and apparently in a very bad mood.