Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Reel Tranfer X-Files Season 2 Cancelled! Call for Your Refund

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Reel Tranfer X-Files Season 2 Cancelled! Call for Your Refund

Old 08-22-00, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
I know there are several people out there who bought the x-files season 2 gift pack at Reel and paid by check. I just got an e-mail from Buy.com that said they have cancelled the order because they do not carry the product. If anyone else has been waiting for this item to appear on the transfers, you should call Buy.com to get a refund check sent. I just did.
Old 08-22-00, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got my cancellation too now! Damn! I'm going to call them when I get home. They said earlier that part of their agreement was that they were to fulfill *ALL* of our transfered orders. They aren't meeting the terms of their contract here!

They have to wait until now to say that they aren't interested in carrying any of the X-Files DVD's (they don't have the first season either on their site!).

Princess Mononoke cancellations I can understand, since that was the studio that postponed it. But there's no excuse here. Even if they have to go down the street or give us a certificate to get it at HollywoodVideo (who's also a part of this mess) I expect it to be delivered.

And they have to wait months after the transfers happened to tell us this. Now that the BFL rebates, have all dried up, we don't have any options of getting a good deal anymore either. THANKS A BUNCH BUY.COM!

------------------
- DVDealer
Old 08-22-00, 09:21 PM

As long as I get my money back, I am happy. I already went to Amazon and preordered it again there. They have it for $89.99. I used a $25 Vivedence Gift Certificate, and when I get enough points, I plan to pay the whole thing off using Jaboom.

But Buy.com seemed all to happy to send me a refund check. That's all I ask as it is quite a bit of money.
Old 08-23-00, 02:48 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello! Just a question for those of you who called to get a refund. Did you just call the regular customer service number? It's hard to believe the CSRs knew enough to tell you that they would gladly refund your money. What information did you have to give them? I also had Season 2 preordered and already paid for it by check.

Thanks to all who reply!

ps. Did anyone with cancelled orders have a buy.com order number given to their cancelled order? Our order never transferred to buy's account because there was no catalog number they could use to put it into the computer! Our cancellation order had no number on it from buy (we only have our old order number from reel).

[This message has been edited by Chile Monkey (edited August 22, 2000).]
Old 08-23-00, 05:09 AM

The customer service rep I talked to had to speak with his manager. He then got all my info. If I don't hear anything in a week, I'm calling back.