Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The new ONE AND ONLY BUY.COM/ REEL TRANSFER topic!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The new ONE AND ONLY BUY.COM/ REEL TRANSFER topic!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-00, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I know this has been going on forever, but it looked like it was time to consolodate, plus i just got another good one from the friendly people at Buy.com....

"Due to the changeover in the website, the outstanding orders will be delayed, since the way they are handled has changed."

Ok, is it me, or is it bad business practice to make these kinds of major changes with over 4000 orders still outstanding from a month ago!!!!!!!

If anyone else out there has still not had there orders posted from the transfer, please post here with the movie, and if it was paid in full by GC or not....
It looks like its only those people who dont actualy make money for buy are getting screwed.

Old 07-24-00, 03:50 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Aaron Campagnone:
"Due to the changeover in the website, the outstanding orders will be delayed, since the way they are handled has changed."
<HR>

I have previously stated that orders will not be complete for 2 to 4 months, and in certain cases up to 6 months.

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Aaron Campagnone:
"
It looks like its only those people who dont actualy make money for buy are getting screwed.
<HR>

I have not used any GC, SC, or coupons on any of my "29" disks. As of the other day, not all of my orders have been transfered yet, none of my orders (not preorders) have shipped, but all except for one were mispriced! Way to go Buy.cocks!

DVD DEVIL

Bigstar.com - The Montgomery Wards of the internet!

------------------
DVD DEVIL

Born to be Badd!!!
Old 07-24-00, 03:54 PM

Of 5 Reel.com orders "transferred to Buy.com," 4 of them showed up fine, but one hasn't appeared yet. Here are the discs in the order:

Brief Encounter (Criterion)
Jaws DTS
Princess Bride
Pete's Dragon
Oliver & Company

I already got the BFL rebate I applied for in connection with this order.

I have a feeling they may have tossed this one aside for the time being because it contains one DVD that isn't yet on buy.com's website (Oliver & Company). Reel had it listed for November release, but I think Disney delayed it till 2001 now.

Has anybody else had an order show up at buy.com with a disc they don't sell yet? I'm not even sure how they could do that. I'd gladly cancel that one disc from the order if I could, but I'm not sure they could do that and I don't want to cancel the whole thing (if I even could) since I can't get the same low prices anymore on those that have now been released.

Old 07-24-00, 04:09 PM

I am 0 for 6, all 6 showing transfered to buy at the reel order page but so far none have showed up at my buy account.
The six in limbo are:

Idependence Day, ordered 3/6
The Princess Bride, ordered 6/5
Misery, ordered 6/5
Fargo, ordered 6/5
Kalifornia, ordered 6/5
Platoon, ordered 6/5

The only common between all six of these orders are I bought them with trivia store credits and the remaining balances were paid for with gift certificates so there is no balance due (no money for buy.com)on these dvds.

At this point I don't even care if I get free shipping, I want my dvds.
Old 07-24-00, 04:28 PM

Rant on...

I called today and told the CSR guy that I understood that it wasn't his fault that my paid-for-in-full order hadn't shown up, but that it had been 34 days since I transfered it and I was told when I transfered it that it would show up in 48 hours... He told me about the new website software being incompatible and I told him that as far as I was concerned they could put up the old website and input the orders and then put up the new website again. I also told him that they could hire temporary help to input the orders and that he needed to tell those in charge that I'm sick and tired of waiting for an order that I paid Reel for in full not having been transfered in over a month. He told me that I should wait until the end of the week and then I could ask to have my credit card credited in full for the amount of my order. Since my order is for a pre-order that will work for me as I can still get a lower price ordering it elsewhere... but I think we need to call and tell them that their excuses are absurd; all are within their power to change; and that we aren't going to put up with this incompetence (or theft if that's what it is...) anymore. It's been 8 days since they started with the "we have 3,000 orders to input" line and the new web page wasn't even up then...

Rant off...

I now return you to your previously rational thread...
Old 07-24-00, 08:22 PM

Everytime I have called I get the same answer... That they are behind and should have the orders in anyday now check back with us monday... This is been serval mondays.

None of theses outstanding orders that have yet to transfer was used with a coupon... so what gives...

I do know one thing none of my preorders that I have made since Buy.com took over reels old orders have been made with them nor do I think I will ever buy from Buy.com in the future. This company needs to take a serious look at how they conduct business.

If they couldn't handle reel's back orders they never should have taken on the task of trying to fill them.
Old 07-25-00, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those of us who used Reel Trivia Bucks when we ordered our movies originally from Reel.com, do you guys know how we are being charged for the orders?

The receipts that buy.com ship with their orders don't give a price or how much you were charged for the dvd.

When I received a confirmation e-mail from buy.com about the transferred orders, the reel trivia coupon did show up in it. I'm hoping that they won't charge us full price.

I have received the following dvd's for which orders I transferred from Reel to Buy

Deuce Bigalow (took a long time)
The Talented Mr Ripley (same as above)
The Ninth Gate (got it on time)
The Beach (got it today)

[This message has been edited by terminator911 (edited July 24, 2000).]
Old 07-25-00, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Margo:
Rant on...

I called today and told the CSR guy that I understood that it wasn't his fault that my paid-for-in-full order hadn't shown up, but that it had been 34 days since I transfered it and I was told when I transfered it that it would show up in 48 hours... He told me about the new website software being incompatible and I told him that as far as I was concerned they could put up the old website and input the orders and then put up the new website again. I also told him that they could hire temporary help to input the orders and that he needed to tell those in charge that I'm sick and tired of waiting for an order that I paid Reel for in full not having been transfered in over a month. [Stuff Deleted]
but I think we need to call and tell them that their excuses are absurd; all are within their power to change; and that we aren't going to put up with this incompetence (or theft if that's what it is...) anymore. It's been 8 days since they started with the "we have 3,000 orders to input" line and the new web page wasn't even up then...

Rant off...

I now return you to your previously rational thread...
<HR>

You tell 'em Margo! I have had the same sob story told to me each week that I've called. It is beyond ridiculous. I throw in the towel and take it as a loss!

Old 07-25-00, 02:57 AM

Buy.com National Anthem -

Oh oh say can't you see,
That were really busy,

Our systems are down,
Our Webmaster's a big clown,

And we don't give a dam,
If you can't understand,

That Reel is our plight,
And we cry every night,

Oh say can our web site,
And check-out get fixed,

For the next disaster stikes,
And our stock plummets, Yikes!

DVD DEVIL

Bigstar.com - The Montgomery Wards of the internet!

------------------
DVD DEVIL

Born to be Badd!!!
Old 07-25-00, 04:35 AM

I hate these jackholes. I transfered Princes Bride and Woody Allen Box set a month ago and no word at all. No order info at buy, just a transfered notice at reel.

this is crap.
Old 07-25-00, 01:01 PM
Banned

The order that I have outstanding that hasn't transferred yet was paid in full by GC, and the movies are:

Braveheart
Princess Monoke
Reindeer Games
Old 07-26-00, 12:49 AM

Talented Mr. Ripley
Fargo
Cider House Rules

all ordered 6-12 and transfered to Buy 6-26
all are $0 balance due (GC and Sc's)
none have showed up as transfered to Buy.
Reel's site used to show your order history and they showed as transfered but now when trying to access your account or order status at Reel you end up at Buy's site.
CSR's continue to tell the same line of BS.
Old 07-26-00, 04:43 PM

So far 4 out of 8 have transferred. I just got an email today about the 5th. This is after one CSR told me to FAX in all of my email receipts so it would speed things up because he could enter the change over manually. I called back after nothing changed and they told me they didn't know who he was. I guess he was an imaginary friend of mine that just happened to give me their FAX NUMBER, which turned out to be right!!! Sorry, here is my list and the breakdown.

T2:ultimate- Transferred
Barb Wire- Transferred and just shipped
Erin Brockovich- Transferred
IndependDay--Just got it last week
Braveheart- NOTHING TRANSFERRED
Platoon- NOTHING TRANSFERRED
Jaws- NOTHING TRANSFERRED
Phantasm4- NOTHING TRANSFERRED

All of these were paid for with GC money and or Coupons. It doesn't bother you that much when a title hasn't been released but it really SUCKS when everyone has had it for 2 weeks and you are still waiting on your copy that you preordered months in advance!
Old 07-26-00, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received my only 2 transferred items today - jaws and the woody allen collection.
Old 07-26-00, 08:01 PM
Banned

I have FINALLY received all my transferred DVD's (already released), with "ST- Wrath of Khan", today.

But, I have two preorders that still have not transferred (Clint Eastwoon Collection & X-Files Season 2). I purchased them on the last day Reel was in business.
Old 07-27-00, 01:06 AM

I also received most of my orders. One just shipped recently and the last order is a preorder. They also got the gift certificates right but goofed up on a $10 coupon. I called and I got credited the amount. I'm actually kind of surprised I got my DVDs.
Old 07-27-00, 03:44 AM

I was on holidays from June 26th - July 12th so didn't transfer some of my orders over until after the 'deadline' of June 30th. Should have just used the order numbers and cut and paste.

The site still let me transfer my outstanding orders over on July 13th (and I now see that the transfer page is gone) and reel.com lists them as transferred, but I'm still worried if I will ever receive:

Braveheart
Men in Black
Robin Hood (Disney Gold Collection)

Orders I transferred over before I left (because I received the transfer email) on holidays and have received (and at the correct prices)

Jaws DTS
Star Trek II
The Princess Bride.

Oh well, it's my own fault. Here's hoping...
Old 07-27-00, 11:40 AM

I have finaly recieved confirmation on shipping of my one pre-order/transfer from BUY. Maybe I will actualy see it this weekend.....of course I haveent seen the promised $35 gift cert. Thats OK though, since i dont really plan on using it!
Old 07-27-00, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i've been having a rough time with them. get this: i ordered ID4 two months before it came out tru reel. when buy took over it took them three weeks for the order to be transfered over. at that time it's been 2 weeks already that ID4 was released. would you believe i'm still waiting for my shipment of ID4. i e-mailed them and they sent an email that it's out of stock, that i have to wait. i called them and i get the same answer. i'm not mad at the service reps. i know it's not there fault and i'm very nice when i write them or speak to them. but each time i go to the store i see ID4 in that beautiful box and i can't get it or see it. i guess i just have to wait until they it comes back in stock. BTW the reason i'm waiting and not buying it from another store is that i bought it with a a reel GC months ago. i know i'm one of many who is going tru this. just wanted to tell my story.
thanks for listening and reading
Old 07-28-00, 01:09 PM

I must be a lucky son-o*******un, I got all my reel orders transferred, credited properly, shipped to me in an acceptable amount of time and received them in perfect condition with no order errors. I even got an additional $5 off Jaws DTS because of the 'difficulty' (as they put it) with completeing the order any faster, so I snagged it for 99-cents shipped! The end result after free shipping:

Jaws DTS $0.99
Princess Bride: $3.99
Sleepy Hollow: $0.99

Usually I am the one that gets screwed, the one that picks the wrong line at the grocery store that has to wait the longest or the one who finally gets on a busy website to take on a deal and the deal is already over. I will now pass on my good luck to whoever needs it. I wish you all the best with this reel=>buy transfer stuff.

------------------
http://www.dvdtracker.com/~bencjedi
Old 07-28-00, 03:47 PM

Well... it's Magic Friday and my last remaining Reel order still has not shown up in my buy.com account. I called and asked for my money to be returned to me or for the order to show up in my account. (This was after hearing the same old song and dance about how there are 4,000 orders still to be input -- yeah? That was a fine excuse two weeks ago, but what have you done for me lately? ) They took my order/GC information and promised to send it to Corporate and that I would hear back today from someone. I'm not holding my breath... but that's the current update.
Old 07-28-00, 04:09 PM

Ok, I have posted this in another thread before i started this one, but i think it needs to be here too....

This is the corporate number that i used to get my problem with BUY resolved. I dont wnatto give the extension ofthe lady I spoke with because she was extreamly helpful and nice, but her managers name is Serenity. I dont have her ext. Here is the toll number:
1 877 880 1030. At least it gets you to corporate without the idiots at the CSR line getting in your way.....

Good luck on getting these straightend out. I know I am just rushing to use BUY.COM again!! (extra sarcasm added!!)
Old 07-29-00, 01:37 PM

I spoke with a CSR earlier this week about my Reel GCs not working. (FYI, he read a internal email to me that buy.com is not issuing new GCs to people having that problem for several more weeks, at least.)

When I told him that this was a great way to introduce new customers to their site, he told me that out of over 40,000 transferred customers, only about 2,000 of us are having any trouble!

I guess all 2,000 are members of this forum.

[This message has been edited by Skorp (edited July 29, 2000).]
Old 07-29-00, 09:37 PM

Same old crap here. Still waiting for Star Trek II. 'transferred to buy.com' when checked at the old Reel site but nothing yet at buy....about 20 emails and 3 phone calls later. Same sob story. "surprise, we just received yet another batch of reel orders not transferred". I'm with everyone else. I will NEVER EVER order from buy.com when/if I get my order. They don't have to worry about too-good deals killing them like it did to Reel, their customer service is choking them to death every day.

ST II was paid for with a $10 trivia credit plus a money order (sent to reel way back in May) so there is no way I can get a dime back if buy doesn't fulfill this order. The money order was cashed by reel LONG ago.

As a matter of fact I've had HORRIBLE luck all over the map with web orders lately. I never used to have problems....now I seriously am considering staying away from internet orders with all of the recent misbillings, unshipped product, unanswered customer service email, etc. I'd rather pay a little more and know what I'm getting at a local retailer. I've pissed away over $100 with bad orders lately that have never shown up.

Old 07-30-00, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Skorp:
I spoke with a CSR earlier this week about my Reel GCs not working. (FYI, he read a internal email to me that buy.com is not issuing new GCs to people having that problem for several more weeks, at least.)

When I told him that this was a great way to introduce new customers to their site, he told me that out of over 40,000 transferred customers, only about 2,000 of us are having any trouble!

I guess all 2,000 are members of this forum.

[This message has been edited by Skorp (edited July 29, 2000).]
<HR>

I still have 80 dollar worth of trivia codes, refund GC, and coupons that STILL hasnt been put into the system. And now we have less than 13 days before they expire! Sounds like a conspiracy to me!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.