Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Kudos to Checkout.com!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Kudos to Checkout.com!

Old 08-10-00, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw the banner ad earlier today advertising a highly discounted American Beauty from Checkout.com. As I am wont to do, I didn't look around the "store" at all -- must be that Y-chromosome . Anyway, when I checked back here, I saw that they had The Patriot available as well (coming out the same day).

I jotted a quick email to them, asking if I could retro-add The Patriot to my order, halfway expecting a random computer-generated email to the negative sometime next week.

Not from these guys -- not two hours later, I received an email from them, by a person no less, and they had already taken care of it.

Well done customer service, and I will be shopping there again!
Old 08-10-00, 09:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, ever since the now legendary 55% off sale, which they got hammered by, and amazingly took care of everyone, Checkout.com has been a favorite of mine. The tuesday preorders usually come on about the thursday after the street date, but other than that, they rule.
Old 08-10-00, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Checkout is a very underrated store. I ordered 3 DVDs from them about 2 months ago, but they shipped me someone elses order by mistake. I called customer service and they quickly sent me a replacement order. And sent me a return label to ship back the wrong items. They usually have some good prices on preorders.

------------------
My DVD and Laser Disc Collection
Old 08-13-00, 02:44 AM

Anyone else having problems placing an order this weekend? I can't seem to get passed a message saying the order system is down try later.
Old 08-13-00, 02:57 AM
Needs to provide a working email

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Digitalhorde:
yeah, ever since the now legendary 55% off sale, which they got hammered by, and amazingly took care of everyone, Checkout.com has been a favorite of mine. The tuesday preorders usually come on about the thursday after the street date, but other than that, they rule.<HR>

During that sale, I picked out several disks, including the Alien Legacy box set. I opted to pay by money order. But they didn't e-mail an order confirmation with the order number, and their web site required an order number to look up my orders! So I didn't have the info necessary to mail off the payment. Since the sale ended very quickly (a matter or hours wasn't it?) I decided easy come, easy go and didn't try to contact the company and convince them to send me the order.

Several months later, I get an e-mail notice that my order would be canceled if I didn't notify them that I still wanted it. I e-mailed back asking if they would still let me make the purchase, and they looked up the order number and let me make the buy with no problem. Though it would have been very easy for them to simply cancel the order without notice after a certain period, and thus NOT have to eat the loss since I ordered the disks at well below their costs. Many companies would have jumped at the chance to avoid filling the order. But Checkout went out of the way to allow me to cost them money.

They are all right in my book.