Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com pre-order pricing question

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com pre-order pricing question

Old 08-09-00, 08:05 PM
steak

On a couple of pre-orders (T2:UE and Men In Black:LE) the price I pre-ordered at is higher than the current pre-order price. I.E. I ordered MIB:LE at $27.99 in May and now they list it at $22.97. Anyhoo, I have request credits for when these ship, but has anyone else ever had them just automatically charge the adjusted amount once the title was released? I hate that I have to track it. I guess I could wait to pre-order closer to release date, but I had some coupons I wanted to use and I am glad I did given the current supply of coupons.
Old 08-09-00, 08:46 PM
steak

Follow-up.....The other thing is that Buy.com does not give me the same price that they are selling it for. They are usually within less than $1 over the current price. Penalized for coupon use maybe?? Who knows.
Old 08-11-00, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy.com does not automaticaly adjust your price after the order is placed. The only thing you can do is cancel and re-order. If you used coupons etc. you may be stuck. You may be able to call and have a CSR give you a credit for the difference.

Mike