Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Help posting pic on EBAY (I'm Ignant)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Help posting pic on EBAY (I'm Ignant)

Old 08-09-00, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm kinda computer illeterate, can someone give me directions on posting a pic on my auction? I did read the ebay tutorial, but I still don't get it. I use MSN internet service, Don't they provide me with free webspace for this type of thing. Any help would make my Eday (ha)
Old 08-09-00, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I briefly read the instructions on ebay which is similar to the original picturebay host site....copy a bmp or jpg picture file to your desktop or some other area which is easy to find and just drag this file into the area on ebay for the picture which will be hosted by IPIX......you should not need a separate hosting site. I have not used this new feature on ebay yet but it does sound similar to the other site I had been using which IPIX was associated with.....
Old 08-09-00, 01:46 PM

You can use Photopoint www.photopoint.com . It's free and it's easy. First go to Photopoint and create an account. You'll get a generic album list but you can create your own. At the top you'll see something that says "Easy Upload". Click that and a box will come up. Browse to where your picture is stored and select it. Your photo will now be stored in the "Incoming" album on Photopoint. Select the "Incoming" album. It's easier if you bring it up in another window. You can now transfer the photo to another album if you wish. When your album comes up, it will display all your photos as thumbnails. Pick one. You may now edit it if you wish. After you're done editing, note the url below the picture. That's what you're looking for. Either copy that or save the window. In Ebay, paste that url in the spot allowed for photos (it will already have "http" loaded in - wipe that out). Now you're done. If you want to place your photo in the message area, just add this code to your message:

(img src=your url) Replace the "(" and the ")" with "".

Bingo! It comes up. There are many other hosting sites around but I doubt any of them are any easier to use than Photopoint.

[This message has been edited by BigT (edited August 09, 2000).]
Old 08-09-00, 06:24 PM

quote:<HR>Originally posted by LBPound23:
what does ignant mean? <HR>

I don't know if your kidding, but it is short for ignorant.

BTW thanks for the help I guys, I think I'll go with photopoint.