Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever get the wrong selection from Columbia House?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone ever get the wrong selection from Columbia House?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-00, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received my introductory FVT shipment from them today and there was an Apollo 13 CE instead of The Thing CE. I called and the CSR said she's ship me a copy of The Thing right away, and include a postage paid label for the wrong selection.

Just wondering how well I can depend on this and how fast they usually send the replacement out.
Old 07-31-00, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I just got a wrong shipment today as well. I ordered Clear and Present Danger and got River Wild. I decided just to exchange it at Suncoast

------------------
I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Old 08-01-00, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Wolfchild:
Just wondering how well I can depend on this and how fast they usually send the replacement out.<HR>

Same thing has happened to me twice now (2 HMAs, 2 screwups). They send out the replacement pretty quick. Only problem is, they charge you again for the replacement (they'll charge the most expensive DVD of your order, for HMA it was $14.95) without asking or telling you. Their plan is to credit your card when you return the unordered title. In my case, they were kind enough to put me over my credit limit by a couple of bucks, and they refused to understand why I thought they should be responsible for my overlimit fee.

Bottom line is that they will charge you the same amount for both DVDs, so depending on the titles and the amount, you may be better off having them send your replacement, but keeping both titles.

Shoveler
Old 08-01-00, 05:41 PM

No, but they sent me a Dark City the other day with an extra Dark City disc floating around inside the case.
Old 08-01-00, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Shoveler thanks for the info. If this is indeed true and I'm only charged $6.95 (FVT deal) for the replacement, well hell I'll just use Apollo CE as trade material. I suppose I'll see when I get the invoice with the replacement DVD. The woman had told me there would be no charge. I used a debit card for this so yea it would have been nice to know if there was to be a temporary charge.....

[This message has been edited by Wolfchild (edited August 01, 2000).]