Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The Amazon 10%-off-pocalypse

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 12-09-12, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watch your emails for a discount code from Amazon. When I was checking my email this morning I found a 10% off code waiting in my inbox from Amazon. The coupon code is valid until December 16, and good for a purchase up to $200 maximum. It should be easy to spot the email since the subject heading said "10% off your next purchase."

Actually discovered I have 2 discount codes. Found one in another email address that receives emails from Amazon. This was for 10% off a purchase of $100 or more .

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-10-12 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-10-12, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Blu-ray Discounts and Deals Thread #5

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Watch your emails for a discount code from Amazon.
I received one too but mine appears to be different. Unless I'm missing it, mine doesn't restrict you to a total price; it simply states 10% off of any purchase over $100. I wonder how many different versions they sent out.
Old 12-10-12, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I haven't gotten one
Old 12-10-12, 09:51 AM

Yeah, i havent got any and i dont know when its coming.
Old 12-10-12, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got a 10% off 300 min coupon. Too bad I didn't have this last week when I ordered a ton of Christmas stuff all at once.
Old 12-10-12, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dorsalphin
I received one too but mine appears to be different. Unless I'm missing it, mine doesn't restrict you to a total price; it simply states 10% off of any purchase over $100. I wonder how many different versions they sent out.
I received 2 different codes and they were worded differently. The first one seems like it restricts the discount for a purchase of $200. So I would assume it's a $20 discount maximum. No minimum purchase requirement. The second one looks like you need to purchase $100 or more to receive the 10% discount. I wonder if having Prime makes a difference on what you receive? I received the first offer on a account with Prime (Free one month trial). The second offer was with a non Prime account.

Here is a edited copy of the emails.

Email 1
We'd like to offer you 10% off your next purchase of eligible Amazon.com products (up to a maximum purchase price of $200) . Simply use the following claim code:
Email 2
We'd like to offer you 10% off your next purchase of $100 or more of eligible Amazon.com products. Simply use the following claim code:
Old 12-10-12, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
I haven't gotten one
I don't think I have either. What is the subject of the email?
Old 12-10-12, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I don't think I have either. What is the subject of the email?

"10% Off Your Next Purchase" or "10% Off Your Next Purchase of $100 or More" were the subjects of the email headings I got. Shouldn't be hard to miss in your inbox.
Old 12-10-12, 11:32 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anyone want my code? I spent $1000 dollars for BF week, 95% of it mostly from Amazon. I'm not spending anymore...anytime soon. Just PM me and the first person who PMs me gets it. I'm not going to use it, though I really wish I could.
Old 12-10-12, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm..I spend more $ than anyone at Amazon, and no coupon for me.
Old 12-10-12, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazon CSR Issues

Funny. I have like a dozen Amazon accounts (due to a big 2008 promo that I took advantage of). I use 3 of the accounts regularly (helps to separate business purchases), and recently started using 2 others (in order to get free Prime). So you'd think I'd get the promo on at least one of them! But nope! Nada!
Old 12-10-12, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I sent Amazon an email asking if I qualified for the promotion, and they gave me a $10 store credit!
Old 12-10-12, 01:56 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
Does anyone want my code? I spent $1000 dollars for BF week, 95% of it mostly from Amazon. I'm not spending anymore...anytime soon. Just PM me and the first person who PMs me gets it. I'm not going to use it, though I really wish I could.
I'm eyeing a $700 Nikon lens, so I'd love to get a 10% coupon.
Old 12-10-12, 02:41 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by NoirFan
I sent Amazon an email asking if I qualified for the promotion, and they gave me a $10 store credit!
Amazon customer service has always gone out of their way to please in my experience.
Originally Posted by PerryD
I'm eyeing a $700 Nikon lens, so I'd love to get a 10% coupon.
If I end up getting one, I'll send it your way, as I have no further big purchases planned.
Old 12-10-12, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Amazing. I haven't had such luck with Amazon customer service this year. I tried to get a $3.79 price drop adjustment this week on an order I recently placed, but which hadn't shipped yet. It was like pulling teeth to get them to do it. I thought that was their standard policy. If it hasn't shipped yet, why not make the adjustment? I would have canceled and re-ordered, but that's the order I used the 5 off 25 on. It was a $200+ item, so I would have thought they'd be more accommodating.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 12-10-12 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-10-12, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Did this and it worked for me too!
Old 12-10-12, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have to say, the stories of people being banned make me shy away from asking for these types of things.
Old 12-10-12, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by auto
Have to say, the stories of people being banned make me shy away from asking for these types of things.
They can ban me all they want. I just asked if I was eligible for the promotion, if they declined me I wouldn't have gone any further. I have multiple accounts with them anyways so asking isn't a big deal.
Old 12-10-12, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I did a chat with them and they gave me 10% off the game in my cart, which pretty much means they added a $3 discount to my account. I didn't complain.
Old 12-11-12, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Amazing. I haven't had such luck with Amazon customer service this year. I tried to get a $3.79 price drop adjustment this week on an order I recently placed, but which hadn't shipped yet. It was like pulling teeth to get them to do it. I thought that was their standard policy. If it hasn't shipped yet, why not make the adjustment? I would have canceled and re-ordered, but that's the order I used the 5 off 25 on. It was a $200+ item, so I would have thought they'd be more accommodating.
I've heard they assign internal ratings to customers (from 1 star to 5 stars) based on various metrics and that customer service reps make decisions on freebies and other things based off the rating.
Old 12-11-12, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by auto
That's why I made sure to word my email so that I wasn't requesting/demanding the discount, only asking if I would qualify for it. If they hadn't given it to me, I wasn't going to press the issue. And as always, I made sure to send them a reply thanking them heartily and leaving positive feedback.
Old 12-11-12, 09:54 AM

It's a hit and miss. I have to say I love the last one. I bought Nemo in 3D for $28 with $8 off. It when down to $25. For the hell of it. I asked about the $3 off. It could not hurt right. They gave me the cut and paste line. But at the end they gave me $5 to use on the site. So they would not give me back $3 but they would give me $5.
Old 12-11-12, 09:56 AM

That's why I made sure to word my email so that I wasn't requesting/demanding the discount, only asking if I would qualify for it. If they hadn't given it to me, I wasn't going to press the issue. And as always, I made sure to send them a reply thanking them heartily and leaving positive feedback.
Same here. I had two order over $300 each. They gave me 10% off both of them. I just asked.

I don't mind when I get something like this after I bought it. What I do mind is when they tell me that I can get it cheaper after I bought it.
Old 12-11-12, 12:33 PM

As Charlie Brown would say, "I got a rock!" I sent Amazon an e-mail about the 10% promotion and got a boilerplate -- "we encourage you to shop at our Outlet store" or "have a look at Today's Deals." Pffft!
Old 12-11-12, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Vermiknid
As Charlie Brown would say, "I got a rock!" I sent Amazon an e-mail about the 10% promotion and got a boilerplate -- "we encourage you to shop at our Outlet store" or "have a look at Today's Deals." Pffft!
Ditto.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.