Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

Old 12-09-12, 11:34 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,108
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

As you may know, when you're a Prime member and you select standard delivery instead of the free two day shipping, Amazon offers Instant Video credit. Is there somewhere I can check the balance of the credits I've acquired?
Old 12-09-12, 04:12 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,934
Received 126 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

Open any Instant Video Title... just under the title's details is a link to check your balance ("view balance")... this link also allows you to add more credit to your account..
Old 12-09-12, 05:39 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,108
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

Originally Posted by b2net
Open any Instant Video Title... just under the title's details is a link to check your balance ("view balance")... this link also allows you to add more credit to your account..
Perfect! Thank you, b2net! (more helpful than the person working at Amazon in chat)
Old 12-09-12, 05:50 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,934
Received 126 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

I use that all the time when I want to check my balances beyond just the normal Gift Card amounts... Glad I could help..
Old 12-09-12, 08:07 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

A warning about the Instant Video credit that they have been giving away:
The entire amount cannot be applied towards a purchase. For example, I had $12 in credit and bought a $9.99 video. They would only apply $4 towards this purchase (even after I called and complained). Apparently only 1 "type" of credit can be applied towards each purchase. I had several $3 credits and many $1 credits (you get $3 for larger purchases). They would only apply 1 $3 credit and 1 $1 credit, and my credit card got charged the remaining $5.99. And unfortunately the place where you check the balance does not tell you how much of each type you have. Dumb system.
Old 12-10-12, 01:34 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,108
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

Originally Posted by Bobaray
A warning about the Instant Video credit that they have been giving away:
The entire amount cannot be applied towards a purchase. For example, I had $12 in credit and bought a $9.99 video. They would only apply $4 towards this purchase (even after I called and complained). Apparently only 1 "type" of credit can be applied towards each purchase. I had several $3 credits and many $1 credits (you get $3 for larger purchases). They would only apply 1 $3 credit and 1 $1 credit, and my credit card got charged the remaining $5.99. And unfortunately the place where you check the balance does not tell you how much of each type you have. Dumb system.
Damn. That sucks
Old 12-10-12, 08:12 AM
  #7  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,823
Received 648 Likes on 434 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

I'm up to about $15 in those and have no idea how I'm going to use them.

Do they expire?
Old 12-10-12, 01:57 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,108
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

Originally Posted by Trevor
I'm up to about $15 in those and have no idea how I'm going to use them.

Do they expire?
Yes they do. The email you get which shows that you received them usually lists the expiration date I believe.
Old 12-10-12, 02:09 PM
  #9  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,823
Received 648 Likes on 434 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

Originally Posted by gp1086
Yes they do. The email you get which shows that you received them usually lists the expiration date I believe.
You mean the emails that get routed to my Amazon email folder that I'm 4,327 emails behind in reading?

But also seriously, thanks!

Perhaps they have something for sale not on DVD that I can buy, as I hate renting.
Old 12-10-12, 03:09 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,303
Received 969 Likes on 803 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

Originally Posted by gp1086
Damn. That sucks
Agreed. I have $17 and was hoping to get a TV season. I suppose I could buy a number of single episodes and see how the math worked out.
Old 12-10-12, 08:27 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 288
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

From an email I received today from Amazon.....Single seasons of 12 shows are available for $4.99 for the season. My cost would be 0.99 after credits applied. Unfortunately the only ones I want I already have on DVD.
Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=2KLSOZBHDJ981&C=1MC4BJNVTIX7R&H=5AYDD1U4M8IYIJH3HLBLNWBTSN4A&T=C&U=http://www.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fsearch%2Fref%3Dpe_309730_27302130_pe_row2_b3_t%2F%3Frh%3Di%253Ainstant-video%252Ck%253AB0017I92KI%257CB001AZUMSE%257CB0029HH2FS%257CB000WE7ZNO%257CB008TIW2UQ%257CB000W3TWJ U%257CB001PGMV4G%257CB002B7G87Y%257CB004ML1IJA%257CB000W4QAIU%257CB000WCNA3U%257CB00152PAD4%26ie%3DU TF8
Old 12-10-12, 10:22 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,459
Likes: 0
Received 344 Likes on 225 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

I don't have any credit at the moment, and I'm tempted to take advantage of a few of those $4.99 deals.
Old 01-02-13, 03:51 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 52,303
Received 969 Likes on 803 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

Bumping to mention today's GB DOD of Warner movies for $4.99 (HD) and $3.99 (SD) (already posted in Streaming Amazon thread).

Originally Posted by davidh777
Agreed. I have $17 and was hoping to get a TV season. I suppose I could buy a number of single episodes and see how the math worked out.
So I did end up getting the first eight episodes of The Walking Dead S3. Rather than pay $3 each for HD and not get all eight, I paid $2 for SD. They don't look awesome, but it's better than paying real money.

Originally Posted by Trevor
You mean the emails that get routed to my Amazon email folder that I'm 4,327 emails behind in reading?

But also seriously, thanks!

Perhaps they have something for sale not on DVD that I can buy, as I hate renting.
Note to Trevor: All my Black Friday credits were still good a week or so ago when I made this purchase.

Wasn't sure if this was a permanent drop, but these seasons are still available at that price. Probably nothing I need since I do have Prime, but thanks for posting.
Old 01-11-13, 03:09 PM
  #14  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

wait... So if I ship anything with standard shipping instead of the 2day shipping I will get a credit? Or is it only certain things?
Old 01-11-13, 05:15 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,551
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

I'm pretty sure that was just during the holidays.
Old 01-11-13, 06:48 PM
  #16  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 896
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

They do it every year around the holidays to take the pressure off the warehouse when they get swamped with orders.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.