DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/607139-amazon-prime-instant-video-mp3-credit.html)

gp1086 12-09-12 10:34 AM

Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

As you may know, when you're a Prime member and you select standard delivery instead of the free two day shipping, Amazon offers Instant Video credit. Is there somewhere I can check the balance of the credits I've acquired?

b2net 12-09-12 03:12 PM

Re: Amazon Prime Instant Video / MP3 Credit

Open any Instant Video Title... just under the title's details is a link to check your balance ("view balance")... this link also allows you to add more credit to your account..

gp1086 12-09-12 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 11500022)
Open any Instant Video Title... just under the title's details is a link to check your balance ("view balance")... this link also allows you to add more credit to your account..

Perfect! Thank you, b2net! (more helpful than the person working at Amazon in chat)

b2net 12-09-12 04:50 PM

I use that all the time when I want to check my balances beyond just the normal Gift Card amounts... Glad I could help..

Bobaray 12-09-12 07:07 PM

A warning about the Instant Video credit that they have been giving away:
The entire amount cannot be applied towards a purchase. For example, I had $12 in credit and bought a $9.99 video. They would only apply $4 towards this purchase (even after I called and complained). Apparently only 1 "type" of credit can be applied towards each purchase. I had several $3 credits and many $1 credits (you get $3 for larger purchases). They would only apply 1 $3 credit and 1 $1 credit, and my credit card got charged the remaining $5.99. And unfortunately the place where you check the balance does not tell you how much of each type you have. Dumb system.

gp1086 12-10-12 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bobaray (Post 11500267)
A warning about the Instant Video credit that they have been giving away:
The entire amount cannot be applied towards a purchase. For example, I had $12 in credit and bought a $9.99 video. They would only apply $4 towards this purchase (even after I called and complained). Apparently only 1 "type" of credit can be applied towards each purchase. I had several $3 credits and many $1 credits (you get $3 for larger purchases). They would only apply 1 $3 credit and 1 $1 credit, and my credit card got charged the remaining $5.99. And unfortunately the place where you check the balance does not tell you how much of each type you have. Dumb system.

Damn. That sucks

Trevor 12-10-12 07:12 AM

I'm up to about $15 in those and have no idea how I'm going to use them.

Do they expire?

gp1086 12-10-12 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 11500715)
I'm up to about $15 in those and have no idea how I'm going to use them.

Do they expire?

Yes they do. The email you get which shows that you received them usually lists the expiration date I believe.

Trevor 12-10-12 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by gp1086 (Post 11501115)
Yes they do. The email you get which shows that you received them usually lists the expiration date I believe.

You mean the emails that get routed to my Amazon email folder that I'm 4,327 emails behind in reading?

But also seriously, thanks!

Perhaps they have something for sale not on DVD that I can buy, as I hate renting.

davidh777 12-10-12 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by gp1086 (Post 11500623)
Damn. That sucks

Agreed. I have $17 and was hoping to get a TV season. :( I suppose I could buy a number of single episodes and see how the math worked out.

Bobaray 12-10-12 07:27 PM

From an email I received today from Amazon.....Single seasons of 12 shows are available for $4.99 for the season. My cost would be 0.99 after credits applied. Unfortunately the only ones I want I already have on DVD.
Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=2K...D4%26ie%3DUTF8

Cardsfan111 12-10-12 09:22 PM

I don't have any credit at the moment, and I'm tempted to take advantage of a few of those $4.99 deals.

davidh777 01-02-13 02:51 PM

Bumping to mention today's GB DOD of Warner movies for $4.99 (HD) and $3.99 (SD) (already posted in Streaming Amazon thread).

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 11501222)
Agreed. I have $17 and was hoping to get a TV season. :( I suppose I could buy a number of single episodes and see how the math worked out.

So I did end up getting the first eight episodes of The Walking Dead S3. Rather than pay $3 each for HD and not get all eight, I paid $2 for SD. They don't look awesome, but it's better than paying real money. :)

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 11501135)
You mean the emails that get routed to my Amazon email folder that I'm 4,327 emails behind in reading?

But also seriously, thanks!

Perhaps they have something for sale not on DVD that I can buy, as I hate renting.

Note to Trevor: All my Black Friday credits were still good a week or so ago when I made this purchase.

Originally Posted by Bobaray (Post 11501572)
From an email I received today from Amazon.....Single seasons of 12 shows are available for $4.99 for the season. My cost would be 0.99 after credits applied. Unfortunately the only ones I want I already have on DVD.
Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?R=2K...D4%26ie%3DUTF8

Wasn't sure if this was a permanent drop, but these seasons are still available at that price. Probably nothing I need since I do have Prime, but thanks for posting.

moviePilgrim 01-11-13 02:09 PM

wait... So if I ship anything with standard shipping instead of the 2day shipping I will get a credit? Or is it only certain things?

mattysemo247 01-11-13 04:15 PM

I'm pretty sure that was just during the holidays.

RonG617 01-11-13 05:48 PM

They do it every year around the holidays to take the pressure off the warehouse when they get swamped with orders.