DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Blu-Ray not received from Warner Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/607127-blu-ray-not-received-warner-archive.html)

Flicker 12-08-12 06:47 PM

Blu-Ray not received from Warner Archive

I ordered Gypsy Blu-Ray from Warner Archive which was supposed to be shipped Dec. 1, 2012. On Dec. 4, I received a ship notice with an order numbeer. Since this is Dec. 8, 2012 I tried tracking and when I put in my order #, I get a message that the # is invalid. I don't know what is going on. Have I been scammed?

DarthVong 12-08-12 06:51 PM

re: Blu-Ray not received from Warner Archive

Did you try contacting Warner perhaps?

Flicker 12-08-12 07:14 PM

I tried tonight since it was not in the mail today. This is Saturday and the office is closed. I really want to ejoy it tonight. Now it may be Monday - if I even get it then.

JohnSlider 12-08-12 07:24 PM

I order a lot of stuff from numerous places and frequently find that the tracking numbers do not work. Always receive the product sooner or later.

Tracer Bullet 12-08-12 09:10 PM

If you're trying to use your order number to track your package, I may have identified your problem.

Adam Tyner 12-08-12 09:33 PM

Re: Blu-Ray not received from Warner Archive

Originally Posted by Flicker (Post 11499178)
Since this is Dec. 8, 2012 I tried tracking and when I put in my order #, I get a message that the # is invalid. I don't know what is going on. Have I been scammed?

That's a pretty common thing anymore, unfortunately.

UPS, USPS, and I'm sure pretty much every other shipping outfit will let companies create tracking numbers before anything's actually shipped, and you'll have to wait for however long it takes the package to actually be handed off for the tracking number to be usable. Heck, I've gotten tracking numbers and then been told "oh, sorry, we ran out of that" afterwards. How can I have a shipping notification and a tracking number for something you never even had in stock? :) And yet it happens.

Anyway, I wouldn't sweat it for at least another few days. Warner Archive is reputable. I'm sure it means they've packaged or at least prepared your order, but it hasn't actually been dropped off to whoever's shipping it yet. "Shipped" probably just means it made it far enough through Warner Archive's process to have a tracking number, not that it's actually been shipped-shipped.

ernestrp 12-08-12 09:52 PM

I have noticed with a few orders lately that they switch from one carrier to the USPS at the end. I ordered two titles from TCM and they shipped at different times and they started out as UPS but were delivered by the USPS. Well, one was received. An order from Amazon looked like it was FEDEX but was delivered by the USPS. I can remember back in the day it taking like 30 days to receive an order from Deepdiscountdvd by the USPS that was with the free/media mail shipping. Most likely if you do contact them they will just tell you it has shipped and to wiat for it.

Flicker 12-11-12 11:12 AM

My order. Arrived Mon., dec 10 (yesterday).

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 12-13-12 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 11499291)
That's a pretty common thing anymore, unfortunately.

UPS, USPS, and I'm sure pretty much every other shipping outfit will let companies create tracking numbers before anything's actually shipped, and you'll have to wait for however long it takes the package to actually be handed off for the tracking number to be usable. Heck, I've gotten tracking numbers and then been told "oh, sorry, we ran out of that" afterwards. How can I have a shipping notification and a tracking number for something you never even had in stock? :) And yet it happens.

It's because you can buy shipping from home, or an office, instead of taking boxes to the shipping companies by hand, standing in line and then doing it that way.

I know that's what you were getting at but you were making is sound like the delivery guy or the shipping company should hand out tracking/shipping when it was dropped off with them.