Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Premier Silver Reward Early Black Friday Sale

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-20-12, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I Love Best Buy. I have been a loyal customer for more than a decade. Most every electronic device, appliance and entertainment items have been purchased at Best Buy. So I was excited to be included in the online only Early Black Friday sale for Premier Silver RewardZone members this past Monday.

I got a chance to see exactly what was going to be on sale as early as Saturday. I made a short list and eagerly awaited the sale to begin at 11am ET on Monday. I figured there was going to be heavy traffic on the website, so I was ready to use the 1-800 number for P.S.RZ.M's. Sure enough, the site was down 2 minutes after the top of the hour, so I called the number.

After about 6 or 7 busy signals, I got through. I was transferred three times and finally reached what I will describe as a man who could only speak broken English. Forty-seven agonizing minutes later, I had only one item from my list bought. I wanted more, but I was happy to have this main item bought.

The conversation went as you would guess. The guy couldn't find what I wanted, I had to give all sorts of information which was repeated at least three times during this sale, the price wasn't the same as the Black Friday price, a lot of miscommunication and misunderstanding, being placed on hold numerous times and finally, when we got the item at the right price and all the info correct, I was told they don't deliver to my house or to one of the multiple Best Buy stores in my area.

Luckily, I was put on hold and another individual who spoke better broken English came on and together we figured out the shipping problem. I was happy to get the one item. Yet as the day went on I just couldn't help getting angrier at that situation. Why wasn't Best Buy prepared for the onslaught of E-commerce customers they were going to get? Why did I have to talk to a representative who was out of the country? Why weren't they better prepared for this "exclusive" sale for the customers who by definition have truly spent a lot of money towards your company?

I was able to access the sale a few hours later and I did pick up a few more items on my list (although a few were already sold out). I'm pretty sure I'm not going to line up at the B&M's to get the items, I'll try online again. I've heard that Best Buy has employees that read the comments on this site and I hope that something good will come from this post.
Old 11-20-12, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Best Buy Premier Silver Reward Early Black Friday Sale

It happens every year. No surprise.

BTW, how did you find out about the sale? Was there an e-mail to Silver members? I didn't get anything.
Old 11-20-12, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Best Buy Premier Silver Reward Early Black Friday Sale

I got two emails....the first was last Wednesday and the second was on Sunday. It was also on the Best Buy app. Both had links to the site. I'm not sure if you could have gotten to the sale site without the link.