DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Amazon.com order question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/606467-amazon-com-order-question.html)

van der graaf 11-14-12 10:21 PM

Amazon.com order question

I am wondering if anyone has dealt with this situation before. I ordered something from amazon, it was taking forever to get here so I called and complained. They sent me another one free, next day air (even though I told them I didn't need them to). Now, I have two, one I was charged for, and one with no charge. What happens if I return the one I was charged for? Does the charge transfer over the the other, or....what? I cannot imagine they just send one for free and you return the one you pay for and get your $$$ back, right?

whotony 11-14-12 10:43 PM

Re: Amazon.com order question

I don't know what they would do but I've seen other people say Amazin told them just to keep it.

Also there is a store forum for these type of questions.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/

EdTheRipper 11-15-12 06:14 AM

I had this issue earlier in the year. When they generated the replacement order, they cancelled out the previous one. That negates the previous payment. New order, new payment. It should all happen without you even really noticing anything. If paying with a credit card, it might just take a couple of extra days for it to post to your account.

van der graaf 11-15-12 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper (Post 11468842)
I had this issue earlier in the year. When they generated the replacement order, they cancelled out the previous one. That negates the previous payment. New order, new payment. It should all happen without you even really noticing anything. If paying with a credit card, it might just take a couple of extra days for it to post to your account.

Interesting. And what if I kept both? The charge for the second one still shows no charge. It is a strange way to deal with the issue, IMHO.

DirkUSA 11-15-12 11:06 AM

I had both scenarios.

1.) Item got "lost" in transit and replacement item was shipped without charge. Original order showed up weeks later and I was told to keep it. End result I paid for 1 and got 2.

2.) Item got damaged and they sent me a replacement without charging me again. I followed the return process and they refunded my original order thus making the item free. I paid 0 for 1 item.

Pizza 11-15-12 11:09 AM

If it bothers you. Contact them. They'll take the double back.

Sonic 11-15-12 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by van der graaf (Post 11469038)
Interesting. And what if I kept both? The charge for the second one still shows no charge. It is a strange way to deal with the issue, IMHO.

It's a replacement you not supposed to get charged for it.

ultimaton 11-15-12 07:38 PM

The only time I've had something get lost from Amazon, only to show up well after the replacement, Amazon told me just to keep it.

Contact them. I'd imagine they'll either tell you to keep it, or they'll have you send it back at their expense.

ernestrp 11-15-12 07:55 PM

Back in the day....I bought a Planet of the Apes (Monkey Head) from DeepDisc.Dvd. It is going on two weeks and no shipment, while from Dvdtalk I read people are buying and getting a shipping email the same day or the next. I email them and receive a reply that they have sent one over night/next day and receive that and the next day I get another. I email them and ask what I should do. They said to send one back and I do. A month or so later, I'am checking my CC and see they gave me a refund for the one I sent back and they only charged for 1. I thought about contacting them but decided just to wait and see if they said anything and they never did.