Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-19, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I think the system automatically tells them what kind of box or envelope to use. I doubt they would leave to the discretion of their warehouse slaves. There are size and weight considerations for shipping, so they probably see that you bought DVD boxed set "X" so that ships out in a #7 box. Drop it in the box, label it, put a little tape on it (not too much, your tape usage is being monitored), and throw it on the conveyor belt. And do it in four seconds or we'll fire you.
If their system is telling them exactly what box or envelope to put certain items in, then their employees must be ignoring thos system commands quite often. I often order the same items sometimes only a day apart and they very often arrive in different types of boxes or envelopes each time. One time I ordered a Marvel collectible and then ordered one for a friend the next day. The first one arrived in a large box with a lot of air puffs and packing material . The second one shipped from the same warehouse arrived unboxed and they just stuck the shipping label directly on the product packaging and shipped it out. It of course arrived damaged with multiple punctures holes all over the product box. Another time I ordered the same post two days apart. One arrived nicely packaged in a box large enough that the poster couldn't get damaged. The other one arrived in a long, but very flat box that wasn't more than a half inch taller than the diameter of the rolled poster. It got crushed and had to be returned as well.

Last edited by movieguru; 09-11-19 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-25-19, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Today I am supposed to get my first two orders shipping by amazon's delivery service. Surprise, surprise, they are both delayed. I guess my cats won't be eating for the rest of the day.
Old 09-25-19, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 916 Likes on 676 Posts

What do you mean by first two shipping by Amazon? Has all packages to you up till now still been USPS or UPS??
Old 09-25-19, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Noonan
What do you mean by first two shipping by Amazon? Has all packages to you up till now still been USPS or UPS??
Yes. Everything has either been UPS or USPS so these are the first two with amazon's own delivery service.. I live out in the middle of nowhere.
Old 09-25-19, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Yes. Everything has either been UPS or USPS so these are the first two with amazon's own delivery service.. I live out in the middle of nowhere.
Oh wow. I've only seen their own delivery for a while now. It appears that they set it up basically like Uber for package deliveries. Most arrive via a person driving what I assume is their own car, making deliveries. Rarely it will be an Amazon van.

The only times I've had delays is when I'm trying to squeak an order in when it says delivery tomorrow if I order within the next hour or so. Those are sometimes delayed a day. Anything ordered with ample time (even for next day) have all been on time.
Old 09-25-19, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

Today I am supposed to get my first two orders shipping by amazon's delivery service. Surprise, surprise, they are both delayed. I guess my cats won't be eating for the rest of the day.
They'd be eating if you were a caring owner and drove to the damn store.
Old 09-25-19, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus
They'd be eating if you were a caring owner and drove to the damn store.
I just got released from the hospital because I had a heart attack 4 days ago. I had my brother go get some food for them since amazon can't do the fucking job that I paid for.
Old 09-25-19, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,027 Likes on 726 Posts

I just got released from the hospital because I had a heart attack 4 days ago. I had my brother go get some food for them since amazon can't do the fucking job that I paid for.
That's exactly why I didn't make a similar comment. I didn't know your situation, so didn't want to put my foot in my mouth. (Sorry, TomOpus).

Best wishes for a full recovery!
Old 09-25-19, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks.
Old 09-26-19, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I didn't know since it wasn't mentioned. Sorry I bit.
Old 09-26-19, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by andicus
didn't want to put my foot in my mouth. (Sorry, TomOpus).
It's okay. Goes with the territory. Got the expected reaction. At least the cats weren't going hungry after all.

Last edited by TomOpus; 09-26-19 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-26-19, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If their cats are anything like mine, the fatties can go a day without food.
Old 09-30-19, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

OK, now amazon is just trolling me. My second amazon delivery was supposed to be delivered by 9 PM last night. Around 1030 PM it showed the delivery driver was 5000 feet from my house and then nothing. Now the order page shows the items should be here today or tomorrow. If not I can request a refund or a reshipment.
Old 09-30-19, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

I live out in the middle of nowhere.
Around 1030 PM it showed the delivery driver was 5000 feet from my house and then nothing. Now the order page shows the items should be here today or tomorrow.
Maybe the driver got lost, and didn't want to burn anymore time trying to find your place. Sounds like they were already way behind on their deliveries.

If you're a Prime member, you should be able to get a month or two of free Prime service added to your membership by complaining to customer service. If you paid any expedited shipping fees, you can get those refunded. If not, you could maybe ask for some promotional credit for the inconvenience.
Old 10-02-19, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

AHAHAHA, the fourth BD from the order was being shipped from a different warehouse and amazon didn't get it to the carrier in time for the promised release date.I did get one of the BDs on time so I guess one out of four isn't too bad.
Old 10-03-19, 06:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AHAHAHA, the fourth BD from the order was being shipped from a different warehouse and amazon didn't get it to the carrier in time for the promised release date.I did get one of the BDs on time so I guess one out of four isn't too bad.
Sorry you're going through this. I had a similar experience with cat food. The driver claimed he/she could never deliver the food because there was no access to the building. I live in a house where the front door is easily accessible and there's a bench by the door for any deliveries. This happened twice and the food was delivered two days later in both cases even though I'm a prime member and it was supposed to be one day shipping.
Old 10-04-19, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by zyzzle
There is an opt-out option for the delivery photos. It's buried as deep as possible, but it's there, or was a year or more ago when I placed my last Amazon order and discovered this "feature" by sheerest accident. I then made absolutely sure to disable photos, for the highly probable future reason you state above. Amazon's just grooming people for more police-state tactics in the future, by taking photos. No, damn it, I DO NOT give permission, and I'm entitled to say so because it's my own private property.
Two times the photos have worked in my favor. One time the photo did not match my doorstep. On another occasion, Amazon packed a BD boxed set with a regular BD, and the heavier item caused the bottom flap to open; the regular case fell out, but the boxed set got hung up on the sticky flap. When I got home I found a package on my doorstep with one missing BD and the boxed set hanging out, -and that's exactly what the photo shows.
Old 10-10-19, 01:39 AM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Old 10-10-19, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I'd like to see what really happened when all the details of the above story come to light. Seems more like the guy realized he delivered the wrong package to the wrong address - or at least thought he did. I mean of all the packages to steal why THAT one (other news outlets say there were other packages on the porch)? Why not one of the others (that can't be traced back to him)? Why not come back later/at night when someone can't spot him easily.

Granted, we've seen a lot of stupid criminals, but this story just doesn't seem right. Apparently Amazon either fired this guy already or stopped using the delivery company he represented...which seems like an unwarranted action until one has all the facts.
Old 10-12-19, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

I was reading a Star Wars site, and people were complaining about how Amazon was shipping out their action figures.

Note that the figures in the bottom image would have easily fit into the box if they were put in the long way.

There are also reports that they have been sending single figures out in bubble mailers.
Old 10-15-19, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Yeah, that Star Wars figure fiasco is NOT an isolated incident...it's happened to dozens of people ordering figures and all of them have been placed in the boxes like that.
Old 10-15-19, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not that I don't believe the scenario but those images don't look like Amazon packaging at all.
Old 10-15-19, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Not that I don't believe the scenario but those images don't look like Amazon packaging at all.
Sure looks like Amazon cardboard boxes to me.
Old 10-16-19, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

If you think those action figure shipments are bad, check out how Amazon shipped these OEM hard drives:

"Frustration free packaging" indeed.
Old 10-17-19, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Bought Oldboy LE from seller MovieMars on Amazon for about $37.00 + shipping about 10 days ago.

Just got a email that it was canceled because the item you purchased is out of stock..
But they had it in stock for at least the last 7 days and listed at almost $100 now.

Just a movie but POS scalpers on Amazon.
Now I ordered the same movie from a different seller that said it has shipped.
I did this because both sellers had about 90% pos feedback, and was not sure if they would both ship.
And I was right about one seller. Now if I received two, I would probably just keep both,as I have not traded or sold movies in along time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07SG7RNHF/ref=oh_aui_bia_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07SG7RNHF/ref=oh_aui_bia_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Last edited by JoeySeven; 10-17-19 at 01:58 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.