Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 11-18-18, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Originally Posted by Viper187
No shit. It just says to try back later. It shipped 5 fucking days ago and still has NOTHING.
MOD NOTE: I realize that this is a complaining thread, but calm down. Noonan is just trying to help with your complaint.

namja
Moderator, DVD Talk Forum
Old 11-19-18, 02:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF? Now Amazon made a $10 PS4 game a fucking "addon" item (Uncharted Lost Legacy). Yet, I just got a $5 BD the other day shipped fine by itself. Same size case, but the PS4 game is somehow an addon. Fuck them. I canceled my Predator pre-order for next month and re-ordered with the game to spend the $25+ in a single order.
Old 11-21-18, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 543 Likes on 338 Posts

Just received a CD box set in a yellow envelope. They didn't even send it in a bubble mailer. It was destroyed of course. $138.00 item and they stick it in an envelope three times its size.
Old 11-21-18, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

I always worry these days about ordering anything more than a single CD from Amazon. I know it's wasteful but I've had better luck ordering CDs one at a time than loading them up in a single order.

Their shipping system just isn't designed or set up for CDs. I hear ordering vinyl is just as bad.
Old 11-21-18, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Got this email last night:

Important Information about your Amazon.com Account

Hello, We’re contacting you to let you know that our website inadvertently disclosed your email address due to a technical error. The issue has been fixed. This is not a result of anything you have done, and there is no need for you to change your password or take any other action.

Sincerely, Customer Service
http://Amazon.com
Wish she could elaborate more on how was my email exposed and to whom.
Old 11-21-18, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ahh I just found out it happened on a mass scale:

https://www.upi.com/amp/Top_News/US/...2041542826055/
Old 11-21-18, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 895 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic
Got this email last night:

Wish she could elaborate more on how was my email exposed and to whom.
...And Amazon actually being honest or (gasp!) having to admit culpability!

No way in hell! Amazon is too busy trying its best to obsfucate things as much as possible TOWARD ITS OWN INTERESTS!

Fuck them!
Old 11-21-18, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by zyzzle
...And Amazon actually being honest or (gasp!) having to admit culpability!

No way in hell! Amazon is too busy trying its best to obsfucate things as much as possible TOWARD ITS OWN INTERESTS!

Fuck them!
Not to glorify the glory hole Amazon has put on some of us but no other company has provided a brutal malicious anal raping than Equifax.
Old 11-24-18, 12:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From an Amazon UK DVD product listing. What's wrong with this picture?

We've puzzled several times in this thread why foreign Amazon sites won't ship some "Fulfilled by Amazon" products to the USA, but this is a new one. I did contact Amazon customer service, but all they wanted to do is make excuses. I guess they don't want my business.
Old 11-24-18, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 447 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I hear ordering vinyl is just as bad.
That's weird. I've heard that they're super good about packing and shipping vinyl. I've only ordered one from them which arrived just fine.
Old 11-24-18, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,187 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I always worry these days about ordering anything more than a single CD from Amazon. I know it's wasteful but I've had better luck ordering CDs one at a time than loading them up in a single order.

Their shipping system just isn't designed or set up for CDs. I hear ordering vinyl is just as bad.

Nope. Their vinyl shipping has always been top-notch.
Old 11-25-18, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 895 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic
Not to glorify the glory hole Amazon has put on some of us but no other company has provided a brutal malicious anal raping than Equifax.
I totally agree... Equifax (and all the credit-reporing agencies) are a whole other level of hell. The Equifax breach was handled about as cavalierly, close to the vest, and blatantly WRONG as a company could possibly do so. I don't think they could have done more damage to themselves if they TRIED. People quicky saw past their damage-control mode travesties, though.

These same people who are infuriated with Equifax haven't yet seen the disingeniousness of Amazon, though, because the company makes things "convenient".
Old 11-25-18, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Fuck Equifax. They should have collapsed after that breach. They have the nerve to email me marketing emails to sign up for their credit protection services.
Peak hubris.

I still like shopping on amazon. Recently Bezos said something like, ‘someday we will fail’. I think Amazon is structuring too much under its name brand. But I’m not the one with a half trillion in revenue to play with yearly.

Cheap prices are always nice. But my main reason for liking Amazon, is that I can find what I need without having to drive around. I buy stuff on there that I wouldn’t know where to find elsewhere. For products with fixed prices and easy availability, I happily go and pick up locally. For example, I just bought a Nintendo Switch yesterday. I had zero interest in buying it from Amazon ... and receiving it in an oversized box with air pillow packaging.
Old 11-25-18, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
... and receiving it in an oversized box with air pillow packaging.
Or no padding at all while being boxed with items that could possible cause or be damaged by the Switch box.
Old 11-25-18, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
Fuck Equifax. They should have collapsed after that breach. They have the nerve to email me marketing emails to sign up for their credit protection services.
Peak hubris.

I still like shopping on amazon. Recently Bezos said something like, ‘someday we will fail’. I think Amazon is structuring too much under its name brand. But I’m not the one with a half trillion in revenue to play with yearly.

Cheap prices are always nice. But my main reason for liking Amazon, is that I can find what I need without having to drive around. I buy stuff on there that I wouldn’t know where to find elsewhere. For products with fixed prices and easy availability, I happily go and pick up locally. For example, I just bought a Nintendo Switch yesterday. I had zero interest in buying it from Amazon ... and receiving it in an oversized box with air pillow packaging.
Yeah, their packaging sucks. For all the money they make, they're still too fucking cheap to use proper bubble wrap etc. Now that they charge tax, it puts them back to equal with BB etc, so there's less incentive to shop there aside from convenience. I hardly ever go to stores for things anymore. Unless something breaks and I need it replaced the same day, I can almost always overnight it from Amazon cheap with Prime.

I'm still waiting for a BD from Amazon.fr that only has partial tracking (i-parcel track but not USPS). Fucking thing was an hour from me a week ago. There's no excuse for it not being here other than being lost, but you know the fuckers will demand I wait longer before admitting that the damn thing is lost and replace it.
Old 11-25-18, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,453 Likes on 925 Posts

I don't know if it's an Amazon problem, but . . .

Two weeks ago Amazon notified me at 7:01 AM that FedEx Ground had tried to deliver my package but no one answered the door. I knew that was false because I had been sitting by the front door since 4AM.

At 10AM I checked the Amazon website. That said the attempted delivery had been at 2PM, four hours in the future.

When I clicked for more information, I was redirected to the FedEx website. That told me to call the 800 number. I wasn't doing anything so I did, and got someone in Mumbai. They said it was "the local post office". Finally, she told me that the local depot will report Unable to Deliver when there are too many packages. I got her to repeat it just to make sure I understood.
Old 11-25-18, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
Finally, she told me that the local depot will report Unable to Deliver when there are too many packages. I got her to repeat it just to make sure I understood.
Oh, I'd be fuckin screaming if USPS pulled that shit with me.
Old 11-26-18, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 543 Likes on 338 Posts

Placed a $500 order on Friday with amazon and they showed that all the items would be delivered by the post office with Sunday delivery. They split the order up into five packages and they are all lost now. Amazon says I have to wait two more days before they will even decide if they will ship out another order or give me a refund. Some of the items were from third party sellers and fullfilled by amazon so who knows if they will even be in stock.
Old 11-26-18, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Really tired of their price matching others for deals and being fuck'in lazy.
Have been and going to keep buying from BB,Target,Walmart the first store to post the deal.

They still do have a few good deals that they are not price matching other stores,but not very many.
Old 11-26-18, 11:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
Really tired of their price matching others for deals and being fuck'in lazy.
Have been and going to keep buying from BB,Target,Walmart the first store to post the deal.

They still do have a few good deals that they are not price matching other stores,but not very many.
I think it's convenient. I don't want to deal with other store's bullshit. I get 2 day shipping with Amazon.
Old 11-26-18, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Danger
I don't know if it's an Amazon problem, but . . .

Two weeks ago Amazon notified me at 7:01 AM that FedEx Ground had tried to deliver my package but no one answered the door. I knew that was false because I had been sitting by the front door since 4AM.

At 10AM I checked the Amazon website. That said the attempted delivery had been at 2PM, four hours in the future.

When I clicked for more information, I was redirected to the FedEx website. That told me to call the 800 number. I wasn't doing anything so I did, and got someone in Mumbai. They said it was "the local post office". Finally, she told me that the local depot will report Unable to Deliver when there are too many packages. I got her to repeat it just to make sure I understood.
Originally Posted by Viper187
Oh, I'd be fuckin screaming if USPS pulled that shit with me.
From what I understand, many (most? all?) FedEx drivers are considered "Independent Contractors" and simply contract with FedEx to deliver packages. They purchase their own vehicle (although often with FedEx involvement and injection of funds). I've heard (unsubstantiated so take it for what it is...) they can take their time with delivery unless it's a "guaranteed delivery day/date" package. If they "run out of time" they can simple leave it on the truck for delivery the next day. Or they can wait until they have another package in your area.

I've had more than one FedEx delivery show to be "On the truck for delivery today" that was delivered a day or two later - and those were to a business - and on a few I watched a FedEx truck drive by without making a delivery!

A FedEx ground shipment from a game store ~300 miles away took almost two weeks to get to me. It sat about half-way in a distribution depot for a full week! Had it been shipped UPS (even UPS Mail Innovations) or USPS I'd have had it in 5 days or less. I wasn't worried about the time but just watching it sit in a distribution center for a week was very annoying! When it finally arrived the package was in very good shape (much better than had it been shipped UPS) so there's that... Still... they're not a shipper I'd select if I had the option.

And this from the company that once said: “When it absolutely positively has to be there overnight.”

Maybe they still do this if you pay enough - but basic shipping? Good luck getting it there with any semblance of speed.

I do not see how these guys stay in business...
Old 11-28-18, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I ordered a Fire tablet for my Mom on Friday for 2 day delivery, which for Prime members means the delivery will be Wednesday because they are calculating on when they feel like shipping it.

So I tell her she'll have a delivery on Wednesday. It never comes, but I check the bs tracking they provide which starts with "TBA". It says "your package was delivered today. It was handed directly to a resident". My mom was home all day and she is the only one that lives there.

So I contact Amazon through their live chat and this is the reponse I get "I'm sorry you didn't receive your package, even though tracking says it's been delivered. A carrier may scan the package as "Delivered" when it is out for delivery and you may receive the delivery on the next business day."

So basically it sounds like they can't keep up with the volume they are shipping out right now so they are just marking packages as "delivered" in order to keep their "two day shipping" promise. Seems pretty fraudulent and i can't see how they can keep track if any of their packages are truly delivered if they aren't consistant on tracking their packages correctly. I asked the rep how would the driver know that the recipient would be home when they got there to deliver the package since they are stating that they handed it to a resident. I got a canned response that they will mark it in their notes.

Yesterday, I got two packages delivered from Amazon yesterday. One was for me and one was for someone three houses down. I delivered it for them but I'm sure their tracking showed it was delivered to the correct address. This was one of Amazon's own delivery drivers because they were using some $19.99 a day rent a truck.
Old 11-29-18, 12:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by movieguru
I ordered a Fire tablet for my Mom on Friday for 2 day delivery, which for Prime members means the delivery will be Wednesday because they are calculating on when they feel like shipping it.

So I tell her she'll have a delivery on Wednesday. It never comes, but I check the bs tracking they provide which starts with "TBA". It says "your package was delivered today. It was handed directly to a resident". My mom was home all day and she is the only one that lives there.

So I contact Amazon through their live chat and this is the reponse I get "I'm sorry you didn't receive your package, even though tracking says it's been delivered. A carrier may scan the package as "Delivered" when it is out for delivery and you may receive the delivery on the next business day."

So basically it sounds like they can't keep up with the volume they are shipping out right now so they are just marking packages as "delivered" in order to keep their "two day shipping" promise. Seems pretty fraudulent and i can't see how they can keep track if any of their packages are truly delivered if they aren't consistant on tracking their packages correctly. I asked the rep how would the driver know that the recipient would be home when they got there to deliver the package since they are stating that they handed it to a resident. I got a canned response that they will mark it in their notes.

Yesterday, I got two packages delivered from Amazon yesterday. One was for me and one was for someone three houses down. I delivered it for them but I'm sure their tracking showed it was delivered to the correct address. This was one of Amazon's own delivery drivers because they were using some $19.99 a day rent a truck.
I've seen UPS use old Budget rental trucks this time of year. This year, the drivers are showing up in their own vehicles instead of trucks. New holiday policy, apparently.
Old 11-29-18, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I would say about 25 percent of the stuff I get from Amazon gets marked "Delivered" on their site the day before I actually see it. It's gotten to the point where I wait an extra two days before contacting Amazon. This is not new...it's been going on for over a year now. Yes, I'm a PRIME member.

As far as getting shipments in the promised PRIME two-day window? MAYBE half of the time.
Old 11-29-18, 11:30 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

I wish they were slow in getting me items. The free month for each late item probably pays for Prime for most of you. Me, they are never late, so I generally select slow shipping to rack up those digital credits.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.