Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-13, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

Was the "Friday the 13th" blu-ray you ordered one that you got during their $1.99 sale/pricing error?
Old 05-23-13, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
He said I may get future notices as the return deadline approaches, but that I would not be billed for the second replacement and to just disregard them. Hopefully, he's right -- but I have a suspicion their system will automatically charge me anyway.
Yeah, I'd be worried about that too.

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Seriously. The Amazon Gold Box has moved from disappointing the last few months to ridiculous today.

Django Unchained Blu-ray / DVD combo pack is in my Gold Box today for $21.81.

I pre-ordered it from Amazon in February and paid $22.99.

WHY is this in my Gold Box for a lower price from the same company I ordered from on the day after it shows up on my doorstep?!
I liked it when I ordered a pre-release movie through the gold box and then they did the thing where they make the item on that item page unavailable and then do a new item page for the same item but at a higher price. So I ended up not getting the movie at all since it was ordered from the one page and not the other.
Old 05-24-13, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
FWIW, I once got a horror movie disc with holes punched in the slipcover as an effect. I assume you've already ruled that out.
This title didn't even come with a slipcover.... so yeah, no "hole effect".

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Was the "Friday the 13th" blu-ray you ordered one that you got during their $1.99 sale/pricing error?
Being a huge Jason fan, I already owned it when that sale occurred. But now that you mention it, a few of the titles I did pick up weren't in the best shape either. Not enough to do an exchange (especially at those price), but certainly not up to Amazon's usual standards.

My dad asked me to buy Friday the 13th (along with some other items) for my brother's birthday a week or two ago. He'd gone to Best Buy and Target, but they didn't sell them. Since he doesn't shop online, I ordered everything for him using my remaining credit. Thankfully, the third copy arrived in good shape -- as the other two were hardly "gift quality".

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Yeah, I'd be worried about that too.
Both orders (the original and the first replacement) now list that the items were returned on my account, so it appears everything got sorted out.
Old 09-26-13, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is really irritating. Has anyone noticed they changed the search results when looking up a movie title? You get one blu-ray option and one dvd option. One particular release comes up, not every release. For instance, I was trying to find the Cinema Paradiso box set release, (it wouldn't come up with cinema paradiso dvd) and had to type in various name combinations for 10-15 minutes trying to get the title to appear. I even went to the trade in page hoping it would pop up easier that way, but it didn't. I wanted to look up all the dvd releases for Halloween (1978) and the THX version or divimax wouldn't come up unless I typed something more specific like 1999 or divimax after the title. I'm hoping people complain about this, I would think everyone would still want to see all versions that are available. I would especially be upset if I were a third party seller, and my item doesn't come up when a customer types the movie title.

Last edited by hasslein; 09-26-13 at 02:30 AM.
Old 09-26-13, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

^Yeah, I've noticed that, too. Their search has gotten really clumsy. I'm also annoyed that they have non-US/R1 versions tossed into the mix.

It's been like that for a while with books, and it can be sort of a pain in the ass to find a particular edition of a book.
Old 09-26-13, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I posted on amazon and someone told me, the way around it is open the available title, and click on the plus sign next to dvd (or blu-ray if that is the format you want), don't click on dvd. I thought they were one & the same, but if you click on plus instead of dvd, it shows the different options, if you click dvd, you just get the one option.
Old 09-26-13, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the top of the first results page, there's Format links for DVD, Blu-ray, Amazon Instant Video, VHS.

Does clicking those not bring up all the results? I Can see the Divimax Halloween on that page and it seems to show other versions.
Old 09-27-13, 12:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by hasslein
I posted on amazon and someone told me, the way around it is open the available title, and click on the plus sign next to dvd (or blu-ray if that is the format you want), don't click on dvd. I thought they were one & the same, but if you click on plus instead of dvd, it shows the different options, if you click dvd, you just get the one option.
There isn't any plus sign next to dvd or blu-ray....
Old 09-27-13, 12:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
At the top of the first results page, there's Format links for DVD, Blu-ray, Amazon Instant Video, VHS.

Does clicking those not bring up all the results? I Can see the Divimax Halloween on that page and it seems to show other versions.
I looked up the Halloween II blu-ray, and you don't get the Universal version. I get one listing for Halloween II (not the version that I want) and a bunch of listings for movies that have nothing to do with Halloween II.
Old 09-27-13, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Weird, I see 3 Halloween II blu-rays and a bunch of other halloween movies just doing normal searches.
Old 09-27-13, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Spottedfeather
There isn't any plus sign next to dvd or blu-ray....
It's in the listing under the heading "Other Formats & Versions" I would always click dvd instead of the plus sign.
Old 09-27-13, 03:44 PM
Banned

Weird, I see 3 Halloween II blu-rays and a bunch of other halloween movies just doing normal searches.
The search is all messed up. I go to amazon.com and search for Halloween II. But only one version comes up. The new Shout Factory version. Then, the worthless Rob Zombie version. Then all the other Halloween movies come up. The 30th Anniversary version from Universal doesn't show up unless you search for Halloween II Anniversary. Really annoying if you don't know the exact title of a release that you're looking for.
Old 09-27-13, 03:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hasslein
It's in the listing under the heading "Other Formats & Versions" I would always click dvd instead of the plus sign.
There isn't any Other Formats & Versions choice.
Old 09-28-13, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The search is all messed up. I go to amazon.com and search for Halloween II. But only one version comes up. The new Shout Factory version. Then, the worthless Rob Zombie version. Then all the other Halloween movies come up. The 30th Anniversary version from Universal doesn't show up unless you search for Halloween II Anniversary. Really annoying if you don't know the exact title of a release that you're looking for.
See I search and I get 11 Halloween II's on the first result page with the 30th Anniversary one being the 2nd one listed.
Old 09-28-13, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

See I search and I get 11 Halloween II's on the first result page with the 30th Anniversary one being the 2nd one listed.
I just tried and got the same results as Spottedfeather.
Old 09-28-13, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

That is the same result I get. Maybe it is somehow linked to show items similar to what you've purchased in the past?
Old 09-28-13, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There isn't any Other Formats & Versions choice.
Open up any version of Halloween II. You need to be on the product information page. Scroll down, there is a box that says Other Formats & Versions. There will be a plus sign, dvd, 1 disc version, & new & used prices. There is one for blu also. Click on the plus sign and a list of other versions appears.
Old 09-28-13, 02:41 PM

I complained about this (twice) a few weeks ago. I assumed it was a simple search glitch and would be corrected quickly, but obviously not. I've been trying to finish my Roan collection and was looking for their release of "Spooks Run Wild" (an instant classic, of course). Checking again now, it still doesn't appear when searching for just the title and I need to use either the UPC or the full Amazon title "East Side Kids: Ghosts On The Loose". You'd think if the new search is buggy, they would just revert to the original code. I don't appreciate being their beta tester.
Old 09-28-13, 06:25 PM

I don't have a problem searching as long as I'm in the Movie & TV category, then put the title along with either DVD or Blu.

Example: halloween II blu
Example: spooks run wild dvd
Old 09-29-13, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 549 Likes on 341 Posts

I had my amazon.com account closed because of excessive returns due to my items being sent in bubble mailers and being destroyed. I have recently placed 6 orders with Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Barnes And Noble and each came in boxes with bubble protection inside and the items were immaculate. Fuck you amazon.com.
Old 09-29-13, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
I had my amazon.com account closed because of excessive returns due to my items being sent in bubble mailers and being destroyed. I have recently placed 6 orders with Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Barnes And Noble and each came in boxes with bubble protection inside and the items were immaculate. Fuck you amazon.com.
Amazon can get quite nasty when customers complain about packaging. They appear to be weeding out the more demanding customers when it comes to condition. Most analysts believe they have secret profitability metrics for each customer and what they order. Even if a customer orders $800 in a year, if the customer doesn't meet Amazon's profitability requirements, they can be kicked out at the first sign of trouble.
Old 09-29-13, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Wow, I've never received a dvd in a box from wal mart. Even multiple titles or box sets.
Old 09-30-13, 01:19 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I must do well for Amazon in the profitability metrics. They fall all over themselves to make me happy when I have a complaint or want to return something.
Old 10-01-13, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by TerryW
I don't have a problem searching as long as I'm in the Movie & TV category, then put the title along with either DVD or Blu.

Example: halloween II blu
Example: spooks run wild dvd
FYI, the issue isn't finding "Spooks Run Wild" with Amazon's search, but finding the Roan version, this one: http://www.amazon.com/East-Side-Kids...s=785604204121 among the results. Only a search for the full title or the UPC seems to work. Think I shall complain again, and if that doesn't work, raise the issue with the merchants whose products aren't appearing. Thinking back, this is likely the largest beef I've ever had with Amazon.
Old 10-22-13, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Miinimum order for free shipping is now $35.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.