Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

The complaining about Amazon thread

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

The complaining about Amazon thread

Old 12-03-16, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,190 Likes on 916 Posts
Re: The complaining about Amazon thread

I get air packets all the time.
Old 12-03-16, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 999 Likes on 619 Posts

Yeah, I order a lot of stuff from Amazon and I've been getting the air pockets all along.
Old 12-04-16, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's good that some have still been getting them. It's been at least 6 months for me, probably closer to a year. And they were sporadic then. 1 in order 4, 5 or 6. Hopefully it keeps up.
Old 12-06-16, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terrible moment for me today. I pre-ordered Phantasm Remastered Blu and Phantasm Ravager Blu back in September. Today was the release date. Unfortunately, they hadn't mailed my copies. I realized Best Buy had Phantasm I for 2 bucks less. Sadly, Amazon refused to adjust the price. I ended up cancelling both blu rays and reordering from Best Buy. I don't know if Amazon adjusted prices in the past, but I got the message clear that they preferred I cancel my order and buy elsewhere. In the past, I found customer service very accommodating but since they are willing to lose my business over a $2 adjustment, I will be looking elsewhere and using them as a last resort.
Old 12-06-16, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Amazon's shipping has been pretty good for me this Christmas shopping season. They did screw up on one item, sending a completely wrong order.

I get packages all through out the year from a variety of stores. 90% of shipping mistakes in my experience occur in the five weeks leading up to Christmas.
Old 12-17-16, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 798 Likes on 566 Posts

I have a love-hate relationship with Amazon.ca. I have found no store, online or otherwise, more convenient or reliable than Amazon.ca, yet I cannot condone the employment practices. It's a terrible dilemma. I have not heard anything specifically about the Canadian branch, but can only assume the same ruthless, inhumane working conditions exist there as at the UK and US ones.
Old 12-29-16, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am about to become a cord cutter (ditching cable/fiber TV) so I ordered a basic digital converter/media recorder box for my older TV. The package was delivered today, as promised, and I eagerly opened the shipping box to find... a pair of women's water shoes! WTF?

So I've put in for a return/replacement on the site, fine, but now I get the hassle of having to take the wrong item to a UPS drop-off for return.

Thanks, Obama!
Old 12-29-16, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,014 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
Thanks, Obama!
More shenanigans on his way out the door!
Old 01-02-17, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

Been buying a LOT less from them lately, mostly due to the free shipping threshold going up. Past two orders haven't made me want to buy from them more- around Black Friday I got the UHD discs of Ghostbusters 2016 and The Angry Birds Movie (since that's the only way to also get the 3D discs of those) at $19.99 each, which was a good enough price but the day after I ordered they went down to $16.99. The shipment took a few WEEKS to even get to me for reasons I don't know, they even sent me an email after a while saying basically "We messed up on the last shipment, so we're sending you another one." That alone should've at least gotten me credited the $6 difference, but of course it didn't.

I finally caved and ordered the 3D disc of "Warcraft" for $29.99, along with some other crap to get free shipping, that also took a few days to ship but at least got here by today. Now I see Warcraft has gone down to $16.99, but again they haven't credited the price drop (they used to do that automatically) and researching shows that they won't even do that manually anymore. Caveat emptor, but again I'm not exactly jumping to order from them again right away.
Old 01-02-17, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Been buying a LOT less from them lately, mostly due to the free shipping threshold going up. Past two orders haven't made me want to buy from them more- around Black Friday I got the UHD discs of Ghostbusters 2016 and The Angry Birds Movie (since that's the only way to also get the 3D discs of those) at $19.99 each, which was a good enough price but the day after I ordered they went down to $16.99. The shipment took a few WEEKS to even get to me for reasons I don't know, they even sent me an email after a while saying basically "We messed up on the last shipment, so we're sending you another one." That alone should've at least gotten me credited the $6 difference, but of course it didn't.

I finally caved and ordered the 3D disc of "Warcraft" for $29.99, along with some other crap to get free shipping, that also took a few days to ship but at least got here by today. Now I see Warcraft has gone down to $16.99, but again they haven't credited the price drop (they used to do that automatically) and researching shows that they won't even do that manually anymore. Caveat emptor, but again I'm not exactly jumping to order from them again right away.
Amazon cares less and less every day about non-Prime customers. Bezos is best friends with the CEO of Costco, if that is any indication for you on the company's direction.

Amazon is itching to cut off non-Prime consumers, sooner or later.
Old 01-03-17, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree, Phantom. I am not a Prime member and the last two items I ordered I used family members' accounts. They were both cheap items. The last couple of items I ordered from my account were from third party sellers whose orders were not being fulfilled by Amazon.
Old 01-03-17, 04:19 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

Anyone get an error trying to make a purchase today? I try to go to checkout and get an error. That Amazon is working on it or something like that. Happens on pc and mobile...
Old 01-03-17, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That happened to me when I tried to purchase one of the lightning deals this afternoon. I was able to add it to my cart, but when I went to check out it gave me an error. I tried a few times and kept getting the error. Then I tried again about 40 minutes later and it worked fine.
Old 01-28-17, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

I noticed yesterday the threshold for "Add-on" items now seems to be anything $5 or less. I have a bunch of $4.99 CDs in my cart and they *all* changed to being add-on a day or two back (don't know for sure as I don't peruse my entire cart often due to the craptastic "auto expanding" method they switched to some time back). I'm guessing it's due to the increase in media-mail prices from the USPS. All I know this, and other changes they've made (moving some music to a extra cost tier, adding streaming subscriptions from dozens of sources, frequent product availability issues on Prime Pantry, etc.), make Prime less attractive. I also know that those sub-$5 items will now be ordered from MP vendors as most are available for only a dollar more using that method.
Old 01-28-17, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts

As much as shipping costs these days, Amazon is probably taking a bath from the most active Prime users. If people are ordering several hundred single items a year.
Old 02-14-17, 07:10 AM
Banned

Why the fuck did Amazon's physical gift cards go back to having shitty scratch off codes after having those nice peel off covers on the codes before?
Old 02-14-17, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Dang man. So I pre-ordered Arrival 4K UHD on Amazon a month ago, it was supposed to be released today. However, I got an e-mail today saying the release was delayed until next week. It says I won't get it until the 21st. I checked the website and it says they expect stock in on the 18th.

That sucks. Has anyone else experienced a "New Release" being pushed back release week due to stock problems?
Old 02-14-17, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,169 Likes on 4,199 Posts

Is the Amazon.com site down today or something? I can't get the home page to load on either of my two computers
Old 02-14-17, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Is the Amazon.com site down today or something? I can't get the home page to load on either of my two computers
No issues here.
Old 02-14-17, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Dang man. So I pre-ordered Arrival 4K UHD on Amazon a month ago, it was supposed to be released today. However, I got an e-mail today saying the release was delayed until next week. It says I won't get it until the 21st. I checked the website and it says they expect stock in on the 18th.

That sucks. Has anyone else experienced a "New Release" being pushed back release week due to stock problems?
It looks to be a widespread problem with Arrival 4K, not just Amazon. I've seen people posting the same thing about their orders at Target.
Old 02-15-17, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Haven't sold something in awhile on Amazon, used to unload some CD's and DVDs a few years back. Trying to unload a Vinyl record I was given, sealed etc. Couldn't do it, it was giving me a "Forbidden" message.

I put in a trouble ticket, they called me, and then told me after a few steps that I need to now have a "professional" level of services to sell this item.

Ridiculous.
Old 02-16-17, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,190 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
Haven't sold something in awhile on Amazon, used to unload some CD's and DVDs a few years back. Trying to unload a Vinyl record I was given, sealed etc. Couldn't do it, it was giving me a "Forbidden" message.

I put in a trouble ticket, they called me, and then told me after a few steps that I need to now have a "professional" level of services to sell this item.

Ridiculous.
That's old news. That's the reason why I stopped selling via Amazon.
Old 02-16-17, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
That's old news. That's the reason why I stopped selling via Amazon.
I won't sell via Amazon because they won't let you do it without forking over bank info. I haven't sold anything in a long time anyway, but I would've liked to sell a few videogames / movies and just have it go on my Amazon account to spend back on the damn site, but no. That's how I used to do ebay. I never had Paypal transfer funds to my bank. I just spent what came in.
Old 02-18-17, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 332 Likes on 175 Posts

Non-complaint about Amazon. They've lowered the free shipping threshold back to $35.
Old 02-21-17, 12:48 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

A fixed complaint: you can finally check your no-rush shipping credit expirations.
https://www.amazon.com/norushcredits

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.