Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Great...dumbass sent me a heavily damaged copy of the Golden Girls season 2

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Great...dumbass sent me a heavily damaged copy of the Golden Girls season 2

Old 09-05-12, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 447 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Great...dumbass sent me a heavily damaged copy of the Golden Girls season 2

Well, you've got Amazon's A-Z guarantee, so you're really not on the hook for anything. I can understand how it's frustrating though. Make sure you take pictures of the condition of the item before you send it back, and don't send it back without tracking. https://www.paypal.com/shipnow can be helpful here, because you get discounted First Class postage rates, and free delivery confirmation.
Old 09-05-12, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Todd's right. Amazon has a guarantee in place, so you should be okay. It's just frustrating, I'm sure, to expect Sarah and end up with Bea, Betty, Rue and Estelle.

A-to-z Guarantee Protection

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Payments. That is why we guarantee purchases from Amazon Marketplace sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website or when you use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_537796_atoz?nodeId=537868

"Buyers are covered at no cost. We're committed to creating a safe buying experience on the Amazon.com website and when using Amazon Payments on third party websites. If you have additional questions about the A-to-z Guarantee, please contact us."
Old 09-06-12, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

Originally Posted by Roybq

Todd's right. Amazon has a guarantee in place, so you should be okay. It's just frustrating, I'm sure, to expect Sarah and end up with Bea, Betty, Rue and Estelle.

A-to-z Guarantee Protection

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Amazon.com website or use Amazon Payments. That is why we guarantee purchases from Amazon Marketplace sellers when payment is made via the Amazon.com website or when you use Amazon Payments for qualified purchases on third-party websites. The condition of the item you buy and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_537796_atoz?nodeId=537868

"Buyers are covered at no cost. We're committed to creating a safe buying experience on the Amazon.com website and when using Amazon Payments on third party websites. If you have additional questions about the A-to-z Guarantee, please contact us."
Be aware that Amazon has an unlisted limit to how many times you can take advantage of this program, so don't waste it for trivial items. It used to be five times and then Amazon would tell you tough luck after that point.
Old 09-09-12, 07:24 PM

Finally got everything resolved today. Received a full refund. This was without a doubt my worse experience with buying something online, but the guy I was dealing with was nice, so it could have been worse...I guess lol.
Old 09-09-12, 08:10 PM
Cool New Member

How does one confuse Golden Girls with Sarah Silverman?
Old 09-10-12, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Struckworld
How does one confuse Golden Girls with Sarah Silverman?
I've been wondering that for the last month lol. Especially since it had the right packing slip but wrong item. The Golden Girls set was two disc and standard size, whereas the Sarah Silverman set is 7 discs in a huge boxset. Just glad it's all over now.
Old 09-13-12, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
Finally got everything resolved today. Received a full refund. This was without a doubt my worse experience with buying something online, but the guy I was dealing with was nice, so it could have been worse...I guess lol.
Perhaps you've heard the phrase "shit happens"?
Old 09-13-12, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Be aware that Amazon has an unlisted limit to how many times you can take advantage of this program, so don't waste it for trivial items. It used to be five times and then Amazon would tell you tough luck after that point.
It's listed here.

Here is the pertinent text:
Buyers are limited to a lifetime maximum of fifty claims for purchases from sellers on the Amazon.com website. Withdrawn claims do not count towards this maximum.
A couple of years ago it *was* limited to *5* but has been extended. Still, as you say, don't waste it on trivial items.
Old 09-17-12, 01:14 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyDaBull
if that was your worse experience count yourself lucky...