Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Selling used DVDs to FYE?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 06-07-12, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does FYE still pay for used DVDs? I have a bunch I'm looking to unload and don't want to go through the hassle of mailing/shipping them.... basically, just looking to unload them and create some space and hopefully get a little something back for them.

Do you get store/website credit or cash?
Old 06-07-12, 03:17 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Selling used DVDs to FYE?

I think they still do. You might want to wait and see if they have a promotion where you get 20 percent more at certain times. I'd call a store and see if they have any of those coming up. They did it a couple times within the last year. You also get more in store credit over cash. I believe you can get an idea of what they would pay by checking quotes on the wherehouse.com site. It used to be pretty accurate. I think they've decreased the amount they offer though.
Another option is to trade to best buy. You go to their site and bring it to the store for a giftcard. check their trade in center online.
Old 06-07-12, 03:59 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I didn't even know FYE still existed. Lost all 4 by me within the past few years.
Old 06-07-12, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

FYE does still buy used product. I just sold some cds there yesterday. You get 25% more if you take the store credit over the cash option. If they are as selective about dvds as they are about cds, you might not get rid of as many as you want. With the cds, if it doesn't scan in their system for .25 or more, they don't take it.

Also, be prepared to wait an eternity. There was 1 person manning the counter trying to check each one of my discs. Because she was the only one working in the area, she still had to help customers and ring people out. It took fucking forever just to check all of my stuff, nevermind scanning it.
Old 06-12-12, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My local F.Y.E. (Florida) is running a 20% bonus cash or 50% bonus trade credit until June 30th. I'm not sure if this is a national promo or not, so you might want to give them a ring first. I just got about 75 bucks with of credit for some dvds I had upgraded to Blu. You used to be able to use secondspin.com or wherehousemusic.com as a rough guide to trade value, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Expect around 30% lower value taking them in store, but with the current deal you probably will end up with whatever those sites offer.
Although you will also probably have a few discs F.Y.E. won't take due to the stores/regions stock.
Old 06-12-12, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Also, Wherehouse.com is a good idea of what you will receive for credit at the FYE store. It's not always accurate, but it helps.