Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

eBay buyer asking me to sell item at a lower price than his winning bid...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

eBay buyer asking me to sell item at a lower price than his winning bid...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-12, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: eBay buyer asking me to sell item at a lower price than his winning bid...

Originally Posted by JZ1276
I'm taking my sweet time shipping this out
Nothing like making a bad situation even worse.
Old 03-14-12, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 131 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
It's annoying to see a couple people bid up something with 7 days left of the auction. Great for the seller but dumb as s**t if you're a buyer.
That's always been a head-scratcher for me too. You get two idiots that keep outbidding each other by a dollar for six days, racking up 29 bids only to lose it in the final 2 seconds by a third bidder!

It's usually guys that have a high feedback rating so they aren't new to eBay and yet they somehow haven't figured out that the pissing-contest strategy doesn't work in their favour.
Old 03-15-12, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orangerunner
That's always been a head-scratcher for me too. You get two idiots that keep outbidding each other by a dollar for six days, racking up 29 bids only to lose it in the final 2 seconds by a third bidder!

It's usually guys that have a high feedback rating so they aren't new to eBay and yet they somehow haven't figured out that the pissing-contest strategy doesn't work in their favour.
Maybe it works out in favor of the seller who might be a really good friend of them!
Old 03-15-12, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 131 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Maybe it works out in favor of the seller who might be a really good friend of them!
True enough but there has to be an unconnected second fool to make that scam work.
Old 04-13-12, 07:56 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

So now I have another ebay situation. An item I had up for auction (an early 90's equalizer) just ended with a winning bid of $85. Usually the winning bidder pays right after the auction ends but this one did not. 2 days after the auction, the buyer finally contacted me saying "Cancel transaction I am leaving the country". I look this guy up and of course he has a 0 feedback rating and cannot be blocked as only users with a -1 or less can be blocked. I replied back saying "You dont have the option of "cancelling the transaction" after winning an auction and if you dont pay I will report you to ebay". Needless to say I never got another response from him. Even worse, I am unable to leave him negative feedback.
My question is, why wouldnt ebay change the way these auctions are paid for by automatically charging the winning bidders credit card after he or she wins the auction?
Old 04-13-12, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Because ebay doesn't give a shit about sellers
Old 04-13-12, 08:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

because you don't have to pay right when the auction is over. You also have the options of paying multiple ways. I think you can set your auction up to require immediate payment.. right?

Anyhow this guy is a tool and you'll probably have to file a non paying bidder thing.
Old 04-14-12, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Needless to say I never got another response from him. Even worse, I am unable to leave him negative feedback.
My question is, why wouldnt ebay change the way these auctions are paid for by automatically charging the winning bidders credit card after he or she wins the auction?
Feedback is so meaningless now, don't even worry about it. Hit him with an unpaid item strike.
Old 04-14-12, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

If you have his name and address, put him up on Ripoff Report. Good way to take care of assholes like this.
Old 04-14-12, 05:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
because you don't have to pay right when the auction is over. You also have the options of paying multiple ways. I think you can set your auction up to require immediate payment.. right?

Anyhow this guy is a tool and you'll probably have to file a non paying bidder thing.
Thats only if you use "Buy it now"
Old 04-15-12, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Not really sure what to do here. I sold a set of old school Technics components on eBay for $305 and just got this message from the buyer...

Hello again. I won this item via auction by adding a super high bid ($500) during the last few seconds of the auction, in order to be certain that I would win the item (I really want it). However, I could not see that someone else already had a maximum bid of $300, so by placing my $500 max (higher than theirs), it automatically took the current price from $80 to over $300 with only one bid. I regret doing this now, and as such, I am writing to ask if you would take less for this item. Please let me know. Thank you!

What do you think?
Well, surprisingly, he just sent payment lol.
I'm taking my sweet time shipping this out, it'll probably go out on Monday. I'm definitely going to do sig conf if it doesnt cost too much. I'm already gonna get killed with shipping prices as it is. This is an old, bulky receiver from the early 90's as well as a tuner and a remote. I'm thinking of shipping 2 separate packages.
I'm a little confused by a lot of the comments about the buyer. He made a mistake and sent a polite email to you. You said you would not take a lower price and then he still ended up paying you the full amount that same day. Now you're delaying shipping the item. So far, the only person that has done anything wrong in this situation is you.
Old 04-16-12, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Feedback is so meaningless now, don't even worry about it. Hit him with an unpaid item strike.
Yup, open an unpaid item case. He's already indicated that he's not going to pay, so there's no reason to delay.

Then, try doing a second-chance offer to the next highest bidder. If that doesn't work, relist the item. That's the most you can do.
Old 04-17-12, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Because ebay doesn't give a shit about sellers
This