Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Old 09-04-14, 04:37 PM
  #51  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 2,700
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I think you don't get the credit until the item ships. Also, there may be a limit of number of credits and/or a max amount at a time.
The item shipped yesterday. I did not get the credit.
Easy is offline  
Old 09-04-14, 05:39 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk Reviewer
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 15,698
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by Easy View Post
The item shipped yesterday. I did not get the credit.
Give them at least a couple days...if you don't get an email, send them one.
Shannon Nutt is offline  
Old 09-04-14, 10:59 PM
  #53  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 28,446
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

How do you see how much Amazon Video Credit you have? i should know this but I can't find it.
Why So Blu? is online now  
Old 09-04-14, 11:13 PM
  #54  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 33,784
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
How do you see how much Amazon Video Credit you have? i should know this but I can't find it.
Go to any instant video title. Redeem codes link under the price will show you all your balances.
Trevor is online now  
Old 09-04-14, 11:44 PM
  #55  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 28,446
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Awesome. Yeah, looks like you can stack them. I have $14 in codes.
Why So Blu? is online now  
Old 09-14-14, 09:30 PM
  #56  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 2,700
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Looks like Amazon is now paying off on "no rush shipping" in book credits. Frankly, I wish I could convert existing video credits to book credits, but I doubt they'll do it.
Easy is offline  
Old 09-15-14, 11:29 AM
  #57  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,672
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by Easy View Post
Looks like Amazon is now paying off on "no rush shipping" in book credits. Frankly, I wish I could convert existing video credits to book credits, but I doubt they'll do it.
I just saw that today as well when I was checking out. Looks like it's back to Prime shipping
mattysemo247 is offline  
Old 09-17-14, 05:48 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,008
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
I just saw that today as well when I was checking out. Looks like it's back to Prime shipping
The book credit is good on phsical books as long as they are shipped from Amazon, so not a bad deal for me.
movieguru is offline  
Old 09-17-14, 07:10 PM
  #59  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,008
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by mattysemo247 View Post
I just saw that today as well when I was checking out. Looks like it's back to Prime shipping
The book credit is good on phsical books as long as they are shipped from Amazon, so not a bad deal for me.
movieguru is offline  
Old 09-18-14, 01:36 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Legend
 
mattysemo247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 11,672
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Ah, didn't realize that. That's not bad, except I would still prefer the instant video credit
mattysemo247 is offline  
Old 09-18-14, 04:02 PM
  #61  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 17,067
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

I'm ok with the book credit if I'm not in a hurry. Just ordered a BD this morning. Could have had it Saturday w/Prime or between the 25th-29th with the no rush option.
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 09-18-14, 04:28 PM
  #62  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 33,784
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

These type of credits usually expire fairly quickly iirc.
Trevor is online now  
Old 11-03-14, 11:54 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 17,067
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

For something that Amazon has offered for a couple of years now, you'd think they would have worked out all the kinks. I chose the no-rush option last night on an order. The item shipped today and I get the e-mail with $1 credit notice. It says expiration date is 11/15/15. Right next to that, there's a Terms & Condition link and that shows an expiration date of 12/31/14. That's a pretty big difference so I used the chat feature and inquire about it. I'm told by the rep that I have multiple credits on my account, all expiring in 2015. I asked where I could look on my account to see when these credits expire so they don't go to waste. She checks, returns and says there's no way to check.
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 11-04-14, 01:49 PM
  #64  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 2,700
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
For something that Amazon has offered for a couple of years now, you'd think they would have worked out all the kinks. I chose the no-rush option last night on an order. The item shipped today and I get the e-mail with $1 credit notice. It says expiration date is 11/15/15. Right next to that, there's a Terms & Condition link and that shows an expiration date of 12/31/14. That's a pretty big difference so I used the chat feature and inquire about it. I'm told by the rep that I have multiple credits on my account, all expiring in 2015. I asked where I could look on my account to see when these credits expire so they don't go to waste. She checks, returns and says there's no way to check.
Exactly. I also had $6 or $8 in Video credits just disappear. I'm pretty sure they expired but there is no way to know, because as you say there is no way to check the expiration date. Also, when it comes to book credits, there is no way to check the balance. IMO, that is just piss poor. Amazon does a terrible job with this no-rush shipping promo.
Easy is offline  
Old 11-04-14, 03:43 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,706
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

I got busy and ~$25 of video credits expired on me. I knew when they would expire - based on the "Terms and Conditions" so I have no excuse other than forgetfulness, and getting busy with watching horror films...

I *really* wish there were a way to check the book credits. I know I have tons of 'em as anything offered via Prime I order with that credit - plus things I'd have combined before now are all separate orders. So far the only thing I've been able to do is find some expensive book, put it in the cart, and see how much credit is applied before cancelling the process. It works, but it's sloppy.
BobO'Link is offline  
Old 11-04-14, 03:49 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 20,504
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
I got busy and ~$25 of video credits expired on me. I knew when they would expire - based on the "Terms and Conditions" so I have no excuse other than forgetfulness, and getting busy with watching horror films...

I *really* wish there were a way to check the book credits. I know I have tons of 'em as anything offered via Prime I order with that credit - plus things I'd have combined before now are all separate orders. So far the only thing I've been able to do is find some expensive book, put it in the cart, and see how much credit is applied before cancelling the process. It works, but it's sloppy.
That is one way to count the book credits. Amazon always sends an email when the item ships out mentioning the book credit. If you have something like Gmail, it's not too hard to run a search on that email.
PhantomStranger is offline  
Old 11-04-14, 06:03 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
LJG765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,290
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
For something that Amazon has offered for a couple of years now, you'd think they would have worked out all the kinks. I chose the no-rush option last night on an order. The item shipped today and I get the e-mail with $1 credit notice. It says expiration date is 11/15/15. Right next to that, there's a Terms & Condition link and that shows an expiration date of 12/31/14. That's a pretty big difference so I used the chat feature and inquire about it. I'm told by the rep that I have multiple credits on my account, all expiring in 2015. I asked where I could look on my account to see when these credits expire so they don't go to waste. She checks, returns and says there's no way to check.
I had the same experience. It's fairly dumb not to have a way to check! I was told that the promotion ends 12/31/14, but the credits you've earned don't expire until 2015 sometime. I made them double check as the first time they answered it was a different response until I questioned it and they asked their supervisor.
LJG765 is offline  
Old 11-06-14, 11:32 AM
  #68  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 33,784
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

This new Prime Photos looks to be a nice bonus; unlimited photo storage.
Trevor is online now  
Old 11-21-14, 12:43 PM
  #69  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 40,507
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

I'm getting this message today instead of the books-only one:

Thanks for choosing No-Rush Shipping
We'll automatically apply a $1 eBooks, digital music and videos credit to your account when your item ships.
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
This new Prime Photos looks to be a nice bonus; unlimited photo storage.
I actually thought this was the reason the thread was originally bumped.
davidh777 is offline  
Old 11-21-14, 05:33 PM
  #70  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
BobO'Link's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,706
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

^I noticed that change a couple of days ago. I'd not really been looking closely do I don't know just when the change was made. I believe the use expiration on the new flavor is mid-late March.
BobO'Link is offline  
Old 01-09-15, 12:59 PM
  #71  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 40,507
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

I was surprised to see the $1 no-rush credit still live today, so I split my two items into separate orders.
davidh777 is offline  
Old 01-09-15, 02:55 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SethDLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,711
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Question about this offer, sorry if it has been discussed before- Do the $1 credits stack? Example, if I ordered 5 items and got $1 book credit on each would that take $5 off a book order or just $1 off 5 separate book orders?
SethDLH is offline  
Old 01-09-15, 02:58 PM
  #73  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 17,067
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Yes, they stack.

I just made a couple of instant video purchases today from all the credit I had built up from holiday shopping.
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 01-09-15, 03:00 PM
  #74  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SethDLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,711
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 View Post
Yes, they stack.

I just made a couple of instant video purchases today from all the credit I had built up from holiday shopping.
Thanks!
SethDLH is offline  
Old 01-09-15, 03:01 PM
  #75  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 20,504
Re: Amazon Prime - No Rush Shipping

Originally Posted by SethDLH View Post
Question about this offer, sorry if it has been discussed before- Do the $1 credits stack? Example, if I ordered 5 items and got $1 book credit on each would that take $5 off a book order or just $1 off 5 separate book orders?
Yes, they stack. Before Christmas I got $8 off on one book. I've stopped taking the credits when they switched to credits only good for digital goods. The original book credits were good on actual books.
PhantomStranger is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.