Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Reward Zone "Annualization"

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Best Buy Reward Zone "Annualization"

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-11, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Best Buy Reward Zone "Annualization"

And just like that, the points were added back
Old 02-12-11, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sent an email myself regarding my points deletion. This whole thing is ridiculous. Why Best Buy chooses to treat their customers this way is beyond me.
Old 02-12-11, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Interesting....
"Hello dtcarson

I am sorry that you lost your points. I, as a reward zone member myself can truly understand your frustration and concern. This is not something that was done to only your account and there was nothing that you could have done to prevented it, it is part of Best Buys Program Annualization.

As outlined in the program rules which you can review in the about the program tab then click on program rules...

At the beginning of every calendar year, the Points in your account (except for Reward Zone program Credit Card members, Reward Zone program Master Card card members and Premier Silver members) will be
issued as Reward Certificates down to the $5 level and any remaining Points balance will be forfeited. You will begin earning Points for the new calendar year on January 1. For example, if you have 300
Points, you will receive a $5 Reward Certificate (250 Points) and you will forfeit 50 Points.

What I will do for you Ryan [not my name] because you are a long time Reward Zone Customer is issue you back those 14 to your account. Please allow 7-10 days for those points to post.

I do hope that this eliminates and trouble you were having and that I was able to deliver an exceptional experience to you. If there is anything else, please remember we are only an e-mail away.

Thanks

Ed

Reward Zone Customer Care"

Got the points back. However my email didn't even ask for them back, it just asked for some justification/reasoning other than "because we can, and we hate when customers actually use these things."

I agree, there's absolutely no reason they can't link the points to the card, no reason for "annualization", no reason they can't simply say "RZ members save .5 percent off everything every day."
I just got a loyalty card from Sheetz, the gas station, and not only did I save 1.00 off per gallon at my last fillup, but I got an email saying "Hey, we just added a free order of fries to your card, just place an order at the computer and show your card for the coupon discount."
BB doesn't do these things because they don't want to. We are all devil customers now.
Old 02-12-11, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

You guys are lucky to get the points back. BB told me to go fuck myself because I had the nerve to ask for the points back last year-

Hi James

So sorry about that. I understand how you must feel. Please do expect that the resetting of the accounts is something that happens every single year. If you do not have a solid 250 your points will be forfeited. Since it's all done by computer the system is only looking for that solid 250. You will find our program rules and more
information on this under program annualization at www.myrewardzone.com.

James, last year when the program annualization happen you emailed us then. I am showing a one time exception was put on your account last year for forfeited points. This notation was a one time exception. If you should need help with anything else please let us know!

Enjoy your Day!

Kindest Regards,

Marshell
Best Buy Reward Zone
Old 02-12-11, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
You guys are lucky to get the points back. BB told me to go fuck myself because I had the nerve to ask for the points back last year
Well that's a real nice e-mail. "Enjoy your day!"

I sent Best Buy a nasty gram last year when they took my 240 points that had posted just days before and they gave me back 500.

This year I also sent them a note of thanks for taking my 125 points, and I got 250 back.
Old 02-14-11, 08:17 PM

I received a reply to email and was given 250 points as a courtesy. Here's the reply. I've bolded the interesting points.
I am so sorry to hear that you have lost points to our Annualization Program. Best Buy has become an annual program. What that means is that at the beginning of every calendar year, you will automatically receive certificates for any point balances you have over 249 and anything remaining will be forfeited. This is also due to SEC required reporting practices. Best Buy must report their forecasted budgets in a timely manner and cannot carryover those credits from one reporting period to the next. Reward Zone certificates are paid for by Best Buy and awarded to those customers who have earned them with purchases. You can however express your feelings by visiting the site, www.bestbuycares.com. As a courtesy, I have added 250 points to your account. Please allow 3-10 business days for them to post. It has been a pleasure to assist you. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. It's always great to hear from you!

Thank you for being a part of Reward Zone, it's great to have you with us!
Old 02-14-11, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Hmm...I am not an accountant but I'm not sure if that sounds good or is complete bollocks. Since the minimum redeemable value is 250 for five bucks, does that mean that any point total below 250 is basically worthless, so there's nothing to carry over or "report"?
Old 02-15-11, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

The annualization for my Reward Zone account finally kicked in.

Lost ~$67 worth of points.
Old 02-16-11, 02:47 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just had it happen to me. I sent them a naive WTF email to see if they will restore them. I thought they would automatically send certificates for 250 or more points at the end of the year...?
Old 02-16-11, 03:14 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by asianxcore
The annualization for my Reward Zone account finally kicked in.

Lost ~$67 worth of points.
So like 1.10 of a certificate...
Old 02-16-11, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
So like 1.10 of a certificate...
Hahah yea, not a big deal.

I bought my g/f a Kindle and a bunch of accessories a couple weeks ago, so I'm not worried about losing those points.
Old 02-18-11, 11:56 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the suggestion, guys: "I was able to make a "Customer Satisfaction" adjustment to your account and have given you 250 points on your Reward Zone account. You should see those post to your account in 3 to 10 business days to make up for the points you had lost." Apparently BB doesn't want to piss off a sizable number of ther RZ customers.
Old 02-22-11, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad I clicked on this thread. Just checked and they dumped 197 points of mine. My complaint has been sent.