Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Old 09-24-10, 03:24 PM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Does Hkflix have any kind of customer service skills? They never reply to any emails. Most trustworthy online shops reply within 3 days at least, but Hkflix hasn't managed to do that within 5 days (ok, they never replied to my earlier emails either; waited a month.).

It's also annoying that they do not return your money if you pay by PayPal. That's just wrong. Especially if you have waited over 3 months of delivery of your item that is currently sold by Amazon. No, they still haven't been able to deliver it even though estimated delivery is 1-2 weeks. Hkflix should stretch while making a purchase with PayPal that they do not return the money. This is just a non standard way of doing non-customer-friendly-related business. It's like cheating.

I have also tried to suggest a reasonable alternative to solve this problem. However, I haven't been able to negotiate any decent solution as they do not wish to communicate. Did I also mention that international shipping cost tend do be much with box sets? Definitely NOT a recommended shop.
nakano is offline  
Old 09-24-10, 04:14 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
EdTheRipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 15,722
Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

I've ordered from them many times and have never had an issue.
EdTheRipper is offline  
Old 09-25-10, 01:14 AM
  #3  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

I admit the low level of customer service may work (pay - delivery of in stock item - receive item). But because this is only my second time of ordering from Hkflix I cannot give a fair average.

However, there is a lack of higher lever of customer service. They completely ignore my emails. I just get the automatic messages (item is still out-of-stock); nothing more. If the customer have to wait item this long, I assume there are some problems with maintaining supplier relationships too in a satisfactory way.
nakano is offline  
Old 09-25-10, 04:16 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 1,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Do they charge you when you order or when they ship?
dablueguy is offline  
Old 09-25-10, 04:46 AM
  #5  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

If paid by PayPal, they charge immediately which is understandable:

"I paid with PayPal/Check. Why did you charge me for something that was out of stock?
By using PayPal or check, you are agreeing to pre-pay for your entire order, even if some items are temporarily on backorder, or become unavailable. If after paying you decide to cancel any items, or if any items become unavailable, you will be issued a store credit. We do not issue cash refunds for any reason."

However, the last rule (sentence) is uncommon.

According to FAQ if paid by credit card, they charge you when order is shipped.

"I paid with Credit Card. Why did you charge me before my order shipped?
We didn't charge your credit card. Your card was authorized, not charged, when you placed your order. Items are only charged as they ship."
nakano is offline  
Old 09-25-10, 11:09 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by nakano
However, the last rule (sentence) is uncommon.

According to FAQ if paid by credit card, they charge you when order is shipped.

"I paid with Credit Card. Why did you charge me before my order shipped?
We didn't charge your credit card. Your card was authorized, not charged, when you placed your order. Items are only charged as they ship."
No, that's actually pretty common. There's a difference between and authorization and an actual charge. Authorizations go away within a day or two.
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi is offline  
Old 09-25-10, 02:21 PM
  #7  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
No, that's actually pretty common. There's a difference between and authorization and an actual charge. Authorizations go away within a day or two.
I meant the last sentence in the first quote: "We do not issue cash refunds for any reason.". PayPal payments are of course charged immediately.

Anyway, I finally got a reply after emailing directly to the site owner today. He said that they get back to me next week. It was nice to hear at least the fact that the issue will take longer than expected. Hopefully, we'll be able to reach a mutual solution; so far the progress has been slightly frustrating.
nakano is offline  
Old 09-27-10, 12:38 PM
  #8  
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Hello,

We have had some problems getting the DVD that this thread refers to.

Yes, we did get email from Nakano last week--and we didn't respond quickly enough--for that I apologize. There's really no excuse--we always try to qnswer quickly but sometimes we do make mistakes.

I've been in touch with Nakano and he will receive the DVD as soon as we receive it in our warehouse.

Thanks eveyone,
Michael HK Scott
MichaelHKScott is offline  
Old 09-27-10, 01:44 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by nakano
I meant the last sentence in the first quote: "We do not issue cash refunds for any reason.". PayPal payments are of course charged immediately.
Oh yeah, I avoid places like that.
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi is offline  
Old 09-29-10, 10:15 PM
  #10  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

The worst of the worst. I ordered several titles from HKFlix. They didn't send one of the titles I ordered, but they charged me for it. The discs I did receive--hold on to your hat--were not factory sealed, the cases were broken, one disc was wholly unplayable, and the other severely scratched. The latter stuttered during playback. My e-mails were ignored, as if I didn't exist.

I have encountered dishonest online sellers, but never to this degree. This was a clear-cut case of Internet fraud. I wondered how many others had been scammed by this seller, and a careful online search gave me an answer--a lot. Too bad I hadn't done a thorough search before I ordered from those losers.
Malano L is offline  
Old 09-30-10, 01:39 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 1,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

While I have had good experiences with HKFlix this is a prime example of why you should use a credit card with any online business.
dablueguy is offline  
Old 09-30-10, 10:17 AM
  #12  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

I did pay by credit card, but that's beside the point, which is that HK Flix defrauds its customers and therefore should not be in business. This matter is not even about customer service; it's about crooks who scam people.
Malano L is offline  
Old 10-01-10, 02:03 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 1,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

I would say that your experience is the exception rather than the rule...however I'm glad that you had the protection of a credit card.
dablueguy is offline  
Old 10-01-10, 08:20 PM
  #14  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

How do you arrive at the conclusion? Do you work for HKFlix?
Malano L is offline  
Old 10-02-10, 02:07 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 1,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by Malano L
How do you arrive at the conclusion? Do you work for HKFlix?
No, but I have ordered from them half-a-dozen times without the problems you describe. I don't really see a flood of posts from other people agreeing with you either...that's how I arrived at my conclusion.

BTW: I've been around here quite a while now and you just joined to complain about HKFlix....do you work for a competitor of theirs?
dablueguy is offline  
Old 10-02-10, 07:42 PM
  #16  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by dablueguy
I don't really see a flood of posts from other people agreeing with you either.


I've been around here quite a while now and you just joined to complain about HKFlix....do you work for a competitor of theirs?

There are a handful of such posts. Maybe you didn't notice.

No. But I'm entitled to complain about those frauds just like you're entitled to complain about DDD. Interesting that you have popped up more than once on this site when someone complains about HKFlix. It makes me wonder. But there's no need to get testy--unless of course you do in fact represent HKFlix. And if you don't, but did actually order from them without a glitch, it still doesn't negate that HKFlix scams people left and right. Read around more carefully. And consider yourself lucky you weren't scammed.

Last edited by Malano L; 10-02-10 at 07:45 PM. Reason: editorial mistake
Malano L is offline  
Old 10-03-10, 02:08 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 1,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by Malano L
There are a handful of such posts. Maybe you didn't notice.

Why not in this thread then?



Originally Posted by Malano L
No. But I'm entitled to complain about those frauds just like you're entitled to complain about DDD. Interesting that you have popped up more than once on this site when someone complains about HKFlix.

Hate to break it to you but I pop up all over this site defending all sorts of people from trolls..... Could you point me in the direction of my other posts defending HKFlix?


Originally Posted by Malano L
It makes me wonder. But there's no need to get testy--unless of course you do in fact represent HKFlix. And if you don't, but did actually order from them without a glitch, it still doesn't negate that HKFlix scams people left and right. Read around more carefully. And consider yourself lucky you weren't scammed.

I would appreciate it if you could point me in the direction of the multitude of complaints against HKFlix.

Last edited by dablueguy; 10-03-10 at 02:21 AM.
dablueguy is offline  
Old 10-03-10, 09:15 PM
  #18  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

It strikes me as unseemly that someone with over 1,000 posts on this site cannot do a simple search to access previous threads about HKFlix. I'll make it easy for you. You came to HKFlix's rescue on the thread "HKFlix...Never Again!" as well as on this thread (that's more than once, right?). Other threads bearing complaints: "HKFlix Selling Bootleg DVDs," "HKFlix Warning," "HKFlix-How Long to Restock Backordered Items," and the list goes on, but I'm getting tired of doing your searches for you and of this thread. If you want to see further complaints, use a search engine like Yahoo or Google. Then think again before reordering from HKFlix. Maybe you won't be so lucky next time.

Now go back to defending people from trolls, as I have done on this thread. Goodbye.
Malano L is offline  
Old 10-05-10, 01:57 AM
  #19  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 1,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by Malano L
It strikes me as unseemly that someone with over 1,000 posts on this site cannot do a simple search to access previous threads about HKFlix. I'll make it easy for you. You came to HKFlix's rescue on the thread "HKFlix...Never Again!" as well as on this thread (that's more than once, right?). Other threads bearing complaints: "HKFlix Selling Bootleg DVDs," "HKFlix Warning," "HKFlix-How Long to Restock Backordered Items," and the list goes on, but I'm getting tired of doing your searches for you and of this thread. If you want to see further complaints, use a search engine like Yahoo or Google. Then think again before reordering from HKFlix. Maybe you won't be so lucky next time.

Now go back to defending people from trolls, as I have done on this thread. Goodbye.
It strikes me as unseemly that someone with no posts starts out here by trolling. As for complaint threads, you could without doubt find 100x more against a company like Amazon than HKFlix....does that mean that Amazon is a bad place to order from? No, I do it all the time. As to the thread you mentioned, if you would actually read you would see that I did not defend HKFlix but rather pointed out the misleading statements of the OP. I can assure you that I have done the same for other retailers as well (Newegg, Amazon, etc). Do you think I work for them too?

What I have a problem with is stupid people who don't read the policies of companies that they do business with and then create an account here to complain about it, and agents of other companies who come here trying to gain the upper hand on their competitors. Which of the 2 are you?
dablueguy is offline  
Old 10-06-10, 08:08 PM
  #20  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Your comparison of Amazon to HKFlix doesn't hold water. "100x more" complaint threads on Amazon is negligible, given that Amazon has well over 100 million customers. That's a huge number! HKFlix, on the other hand, is a small-time niche market. Proportionally, therefore, HKFlix has a lot more complaints.

Now there's no need to ask insulting questions. Someone with over 1,000 posts ought to know better. Shame on you.
Malano L is offline  
Old 10-07-10, 01:58 AM
  #21  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 1,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by Malano L
Your comparison of Amazon to HKFlix doesn't hold water. "100x more" complaint threads on Amazon is negligible, given that Amazon has well over 100 million customers. That's a huge number! HKFlix, on the other hand, is a small-time niche market. Proportionally, therefore, HKFlix has a lot more complaints.

Now there's no need to ask insulting questions. Someone with over 1,000 posts ought to know better. Shame on you.

Oh the shame...don't know if I can handle it.

As for the Amazon comparison, let me make it more simple for you. Just because there are complaints against a company, that doesn't necessarily make it a bad company. Amazon has complaints against it, so does HKFlix, so does Deep Discount, etc. That was my point.

The funny thing about this thread is that you didn't start it. I wasn't even talking to you originally and when I did I simply stated that your experience was a good reason to make sure to use a credit card. You then went on a rant that it wasn't about that (which to me it was since it was my post you were responding to) it was about "crooks" (your words) that scam people.

You obviously have a problem with HKFlix, you obviously have a problem with me taking time to point out to other people who may be reading that it was a good idea to use a credit card (not a debit card) when buying online. You just seem to have problems in general.

I like HKFlix. I don't work for them. I doubt you will be here long enough to reach 1,000 posts. You are a douchebag. Screw you. How's that?
dablueguy is offline  
Old 10-07-10, 10:30 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mister Peepers
Posts: 7,882
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

You asked for more examples of issues with HKFlix, he gave some and then you switched your argument to include Amazon. Why not just take your fight to PMs since you're the only two talking in this thread for over the last week.
The Man with the Golden Doujinshi is offline  
Old 10-08-10, 07:27 PM
  #23  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by dablueguy
You are a douchebag. Screw you. How's that?
LOL. Feeling out of control? You're such a loser! Go crawl back into the dirty little hole in the wall called HKFlix. And stop scamming honest people--for your sake more than anyone else's, as it might very well backfire on you some day!
Malano L is offline  
Old 10-08-10, 07:30 PM
  #24  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Why not just take your fight to PMs since you're the only two talking in this thread for over the last week.
Good advice, but that won't be necessary. I'm through with that troll. I think it's clear who the adult is, and who the child.
Malano L is offline  
Old 10-09-10, 08:23 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Truth or Consequences, NM
Posts: 1,216
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Poor Customer Service of Hkflix

Originally Posted by Malano L
LOL. Feeling out of control? You're such a loser! Go crawl back into the dirty little hole in the wall called HKFlix. And stop scamming honest people--for your sake more than anyone else's, as it might very well backfire on you some day!



Feeling paranoid...see HKFlix agents everywhere you look?

And all the HKFlix customers money are belong to us...


Originally Posted by Malano L
Good advice, but that won't be necessary. I'm through with that troll. I think it's clear who the adult is, and who the child.





I'm watching you......

Last edited by dablueguy; 10-09-10 at 08:34 PM.
dablueguy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.