Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What's up with Amazon and new release DVD's lately?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-10, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else have any problems with Amazon not shipping new releases on time? I am a Prime customer so I usually get new items the day of release, sometime the day before or the day after. Last week, I got an email that the 2 new Looney Tunes DVD's were delayed although they arrived by the end of the week and just today I received an email that Friday Night Lights Season 4 could be 1-3 weeks late. WTF??? Are they not pre-ordering enough copies? I've never had a problem with them but now all of a sudden there's 2 in a row. Seems kind of strange. Was wondering if anyone else was having this problem.
Old 08-17-10, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: What's up with Amazon and new release DVD's lately?

I got the same e-mail about the Friday Night Lights Season 4 DVDs being delayed. It's the first time I've encountered this from Amazon. I don't know what the problem is, but hope it gets resolved quickly.
Old 08-17-10, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

That happened to me once with a couple of cds. I promptly canceled the order and took my business elsewhere. I really don't bother pre-ordering anymore. If I place my order first thing Tuesday, I'll either get it Wednesday or Thursday anyway.
Old 08-17-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I very, very rarely pre-order stuff, but I am a prime customer and pre-ordered Dexter S4 and it was delivered this morning.
Old 08-17-10, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by pilot
I very, very rarely pre-order stuff, but I am a prime customer and pre-ordered Dexter S4 and it was delivered this morning.
I pre-ordered the Dexter Season 4 Blu-Ray and Friday Night Lights Season 4 DVD on the same date. Dexter arrived today; still awaiting word on Friday Night Lights.
Old 08-19-10, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I rarely pre-order anymore. If for no other reasons I've been burned by prices dropping a few days later. Odd about Friday Night Lights. I got the screener (which is the final product) a few weeks back so the product is out there.
Old 08-19-10, 08:47 AM

Well, I got an email from Amazon giving me an estimated delivery date of September 1 - September 8 for Friday Night Lights. I wonder why they don't have it in stock now.
Old 08-19-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's possible Amazon didn't order enough to satisfy the pre-order demand, or there could have been some delay in getting it to Amazon, or a production issue.

DVD Empire has it in stock, and BN says they have it as well. I'd guess Amazon probably didn't order enough.