DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   HKFlix...Never again!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/574459-hkflix-never-again.html)

smurr05 05-29-10 03:58 PM

HKFlix...Never again!!!

I have never had such poor customer service in my life as I've had with HKFlix over the last week and a half! I 1rst ordered a copy of The Green Hornet Ultimate Collection which I recieved and found the 1rst disc to be floating around in the package. It had multiple scratches and gouges and when I played it froze up then wouldn't play at all! I emailed them once, twice, a third time, and no response whatsoever. The 4th email got quite nasty and asked them if I needed legal help to get some sort of response from them. I emailed 3 times for an RMA # to return the damaged disc. No answer! Finally I got an email from someone there who gave me an address to return the defective disc and they would send me a new one. Still never got an RMA # email to this date. I will NEVER shop at this website again so help me. Just absolutely the worst customer service ever!!!

hindolio 05-29-10 07:31 PM

Re: HKFlix...Never again!!!

that kinda sucks and i feel for ya.

but from my limited experience, hkflix has been one of the above-average online retailers. i dont recall the last time i had to send something back to them, maybe i did once or twice, but i think everything went smooth. give em the benefit of the doubt and hopefully things will work out okay :D

Kevin M. Dean 05-29-10 09:13 PM

Did you just email them or did you follow the instructions on their site and fill out their RMA form?

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/infoID.19/qx/info.htm

Not every company is as fast as an "Amazon", so sometimes a little patience goes a long way.

EdTheRipper 05-29-10 09:31 PM

I've ordered from them quite a few times and have never had an issue.

X 05-29-10 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper (Post 10185381)
I've ordered from them quite a few times and have never had an issue.

Maybe the issue is if you have an issue.

dablueguy 05-30-10 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean (Post 10185365)
Did you just email them or did you follow the instructions on their site and fill out their RMA form?

Not every company is as fast as an "Amazon", so sometimes a little patience goes a long way.

The OP's silence is deafening.

smurr05 05-30-10 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean (Post 10185365)

As I stated I emailed them several times and followed instructions and filled out an RMA form 3 times but NEVER recieved an reply from them-:(

unclezippy 05-30-10 03:41 PM

This doesn't sound like the HKFlix.com I know. At all.

But it sometimes takes HKFlix 1-2 days to get the ball rolling on a return/replacement, especially over a weekend.

Don't e-mail them a complaint at 2AM on a Saturday and expect a replacement on your doorstep alongside Monday morning's paper. That's Amazon's department.

dablueguy 05-31-10 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by smurr05 (Post 10185829)
As I stated I emailed them several times and followed instructions and filled out an RMA form 3 times but NEVER recieved an reply from them-:(

No, what you said was that you e-mailed them several times asking for an RMA number. That is quite different than filling out the RMA form.

magman 05-31-10 06:51 PM

I've ordered from them before and never had a problem, tho they did cancel an item from one of my orders after a few weeks because they sayd they could no longer get it.

MichaelHKScott 06-01-10 11:07 AM

Hello all--I work for HKFlix and wanted to address the post from smurr05.
First, I'm really sorry that this has happened as I note in your account that this is your first order from us--and we want to make sure everyone is happy with our service and products.
We work very hard to make sure that we try to satisfy everyone that visits us.
Second, we do try and answer any and all questions/requests as quickly as possible. We are a small company but do usually respond to emails in 1 or 2 days.
Third, my records indicate that we responded to your RMA request on Wed, May 26 at 8:37 am with the instructions on returning the discs. Your 1st post here is 3 days later on Sat, May 29...so I'm concerned that you did not receive the email (we repsonded to your request using the aol address that you provided).

Lastly, a BIG thank you to everyone on this thread who did respond and shared their experience with HKFlix--we appreciate you being a part of the HKFlix community.

Michael HK Scott

bunkaroo 06-01-10 01:20 PM

Nice user name!

hindolio 06-01-10 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo (Post 10188503)
Nice user name!

i always know when im getting email from hkflix because of that user name :D

MichaelHKScott 06-02-10 11:58 AM

Thanks guys! I kinda like my profile name too!

Cheato 06-12-10 12:22 PM

@MichaelHKScott:

Could you address the allegation in this thread about your company selling bootlegs from PanMedia? I did some Google searches and found multiple sources of information claiming that PanMedia releases are bootlegs, and those same sources condemning your company for selling them.

SkullOrchard 06-13-10 11:32 PM

Does anyone know if the Green Hornet episodes are uncut?

SkullOrchard 06-14-10 12:02 AM

Isn't this the same set?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

toddly6666 06-14-10 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cheato (Post 10208180)
@MichaelHKScott:

Could you address the allegation in this thread about your company selling bootlegs from PanMedia?

Haha, good try! I don't think businesses are going to use internet forums as confessionals!

Boba Fett 06-15-10 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by toddly6666 (Post 10211783)
Haha, good try! I don't think businesses are going to use internet forums as confessionals!

Yeah, it's really a lose-lose scenario.

If they admit they are bootlegs, that's an invitation for big trouble.

If they claim they aren't, people can still cite evidence to the contrary. For instance Dragon Dynasty has the R1 rights to Eight Diagram Pole Fighter, but here's a Panmedia version still being sold. (http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID....qx/details.htm)

If they remain silent, people assume that implies guilt.

Cheato 06-17-10 10:15 AM

Which is why I invited him to comment on it here. You don't get to show up on this forum and do your PR deal to get people to like you while you're doing something illegal in the background. So, if he can somehow explain himself out of this, then great. If not, then sorry, go away. I was disappointed by this information, as I had thought I had one more legitimate source for Asian DVDs at decent prices (sometimes).

nakano 10-19-10 10:36 AM

Outcome of thread "Poor Customer Service of Hkflix"

As you decided to close the thread I created (with a reason), I write here as I think it's reasonable to state the outcome. I finally got the DVD boxset today so the case ended well even though it took months. Site owner contacted 2 distributors and after that the issue was sorted quickly.

toddly6666 10-19-10 10:47 AM

Re: Outcome of thread "Poor Customer Service of Hkflix"

Originally Posted by nakano (Post 10439170)
As you decided to close the thread I created (with a reason), I write here as I think it's reasonable to state the outcome. I finally got the DVD boxset today so the case ended well even though it took months. Site owner contacted 2 distributors and after that the issue was sorted quickly.

damn! You waited half a year to get that boxset! You got some serious patience!

nakano 10-19-10 12:04 PM

Re: Outcome of thread "Poor Customer Service of Hkflix"

Originally Posted by toddly6666 (Post 10439197)
damn! You waited half a year to get that boxset! You got some serious patience!

Nah, just 1/3 years (ordered: 6/20/2010, shipped: 10/1/2010, received: 10/19/2010). I really wanted to have Lone Wolf & Cub TV Collection 2 (now Hkflix has it even in stock) and I wasn't in a need of ordering anything else. As I paid by PayPal, there wasn't really any other option than to wait. Otherwise, I would have cancelled and bought the item through Amazon and paid probably a little more. Next time when/if ordering through Hkflix I will avoid these kind of situations by using credit card (or only order items stated as in stock; this was a pre-order item and release date was 6/22/2010).

mrhan 10-24-10 09:08 PM

The Green Hornet set in question is a bootleg. It was recorded off Starz because the logo shows up after each episode. So, obviously HKFlix carries bootlegs.