Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Who is running LTC (formerly Asfault's Classic Movies)?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-22-10, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know who is running the business now called "Loving the Classics" (formerly Ashfault's Classic Movies)? Where are they located? Is it the same as before (Ohio)? Can they be contacted by other means besides emails? Someone I know has been ordering from them and has been frustrated by their service and lack of availability to speak on the phone.
Old 05-23-10, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 233 Posts
Re: Who is running LTC (formerly Asfault's Classic Movies)?

There have been other posts on here that are very telling about this company likely being a scam.
Old 05-23-10, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TeeCee
...Can they be contacted by other means besides emails?...
how about contacting your credit card company instead
Old 05-23-10, 11:34 PM
Banned

I have been a longtime customer of LTC. Even back when they were ACM. I have noticed some MAJOR improvements over the past few months. They are under new management supposedly and well, I actually believe them. I have been ordering their actor of the month specials and have been receiving them within 3 weeks. They say on their site it can take up to a whole week before they can even ship it.

I've been happy with them.
Old 05-23-10, 11:35 PM
Banned

I'm pretty sure the owner is named Danielle.
Old 05-26-10, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would stay far away from this company.

CaseyLupus is a shill for this company. Probably a family member of those who run it or maybe even the person who runs it.
Old 05-27-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 508 Likes on 299 Posts

Who the hell puts Lupus in their name?
Old 05-27-10, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Who the hell puts Lupus in their name?
A wolf?
Old 05-27-10, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 06-13-10, 01:01 PM
Cool New Member

nice one
Old 06-22-10, 02:51 PM

Lupus, et al., - Get back on the thread track: WHO is running LTC?
As far as contacting the credit card company, the phone number is on the credit statement. However, it is a non-working number. So, if that's the case, then the credit card company can't contact them, either.
Anyone who thinks it's a great company which cannot be contacted is either very fortunate or very foolish.
Old 06-22-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If the CC company can't contact them - then it's a pretty good indicator that there's a good chance you will get your money back, since they obviously can't talk to the vendor to try to work it out.
Old 06-23-10, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 777 Likes on 402 Posts

I got PMed by someone who says her family took over the business from Katy Lynne and was trying to mend its reputation. Since this was three years ago, I'm not going to do anything, but since she presumably had all the contact information available through her business and instead was PMing me on a website (and she did say she'd been banned by Pilot, which means CaseyLupus has a new handle here), I'm not playing ball.
Old 06-24-10, 02:08 PM

Vibiana, the current website -lovingtheclassics.com- has NO contact info (address, phone number/s), only an email contact and lately they are not responding to emails, according to my relative. Return addresses on items shipped are not those of the company, but either Post Offices or FedEx centers. If you know who these people are, please let the Better Business Bureau of Ohio know. The only name I ever heard of in connection with the "new" operators is "Heather C.", which doesn't tell much. Why else would someone running a business not want to give out concrete contact info unless they have something to hide? I wonder....
Old 06-24-10, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

Yep, these people are very sneaky. They hide behind their ISP, which shouldn't be allowed. I suggest just filing at ripoffreport under both company names.
Old 06-29-10, 06:58 PM

"Lovingtheclassic.com" is a good and reputable company to do business with. As a new customer,I placed two orders with the company. One placed in late May of 2010. The other order placed in mid June 2010. I receive both of them today-June 29th. The shiping & handling for both orders was sturdy and well packaged. Also they sent me the correct titles too.And the quality of these rare vhs titles are very good! Just what i expected. Yes at first I was skeptical about not receiving the orders on time, within a one to two week period,and had emailed the company regarding the delay. After three emailed attempts they finally replied and assured me that the titles were shipped. Well they were right. The titles arrived in good form and fashion. However if you are a customer with a credit card. There is a number that they list.But the company goes under another name. Why that is? Im not sure. I can only hope that they will clarify this problem with the faulty phone number that's on file. As far as I can see, there are no problems with "Lovingtheclassics. com". Therfore I will continue to do business with them.
Old 06-29-10, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RDcc66
"Lovingtheclassic.com" is a good and reputable company to do business with. As a new customer,I placed two orders with the company. One placed in late May of 2010. The other order placed in mid June 2010. I receive both of them today-June 29th. The shiping & handling for both orders was sturdy and well packaged. Also they sent me the correct titles too.And the quality of these rare vhs titles are very good! Just what i expected. Yes at first I was skeptical about not receiving the orders on time, within a one to two week period,and had emailed the company regarding the delay. After three emailed attempts they finally replied and assured me that the titles were shipped. Well they were right. The titles arrived in good form and fashion. However if you are a customer with a credit card. There is a number that they list.But the company goes under another name. Why that is? Im not sure. I can only hope that they will clarify this problem with the faulty phone number that's on file. As far as I can see, there are no problems with "Lovingtheclassics. com". Therfore I will continue to do business with them.
Hello new member. Yes, I am sure its just a coincidence you registered here just to post a positive review of a very shady scam company.

One word of note though, if you're trying to make a company look good, don't say that they took up to a month to ship your items and that they ignored your first two emails. Also, it helps to get the site's name right in the first sentence.

Last edited by Bob_Bobbson; 06-29-10 at 07:21 PM.
Old 06-29-10, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm really tired of this company..so I'm closing this thread. If they ever get their act together (which is very very unlikely, maybe discussion can continue with a new thread) but I don't really feel like we should be discussing or giving these people ANY publicity, good or bad.