DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Amazon raised prices of EVERYTHING today (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/570949-amazon-raised-prices-everything-today.html)

masetodd 03-17-10 10:33 AM

Amazon raised prices of EVERYTHING today

I have about 30-40 blu-rays in my shopping basket at Amazon to track prices. As of this morning (3-17) every single one of them went up in price. Guess they weren't interested in selling anything on St. Patrick's Day.

I'm sure they'll go down again - just seems like a waste of everyone's time to keep yo-yo-ing like they do.

TomOpus 03-17-10 10:37 AM

Re: Amazon raised prices of EVERYTHING today

And this is a bargain...why?

Should've posted this in Store Forum.

stingermck 03-17-10 10:39 AM

In for 1.

Sweet Baby James 03-17-10 10:46 AM

Bezos must have had a bad day at the track.

onebyone 03-17-10 11:15 AM

I noticed that today too looking at my wishlist. Not really hoping to pay 29.99 for Zombieland, and thats just one of the hikes.

kenbenobi 03-17-10 11:23 AM

Ya, all of mine went up too. A board game went down in price though... I'm sure tomorrow Amazon will lower all of the prices again. It's just like the stock market, after all...

dino88 03-17-10 11:39 AM

Sounds to me like a sale ended today. Make sure you start a new deal thread next time a sale ends. Thanks!

Artman 03-17-10 11:42 AM

Doesn't this mean a sale is just around the corner?

clappj 03-17-10 11:43 AM

OMG!
How dare they!

crikey 03-17-10 11:46 AM

I can't believe they don't keep lowering prices all the time indefinitely this is an outrage

Ginwen 03-17-10 12:06 PM

I have 30 items in my cart, a mix of DVDs, book, CDs, video games, electronics. 2 went up, 1 went down, the rest didn't change today. So they did not raise the price of everything.

crikey 03-17-10 12:07 PM

That's even more outrageous. How dare they be so inconsistent?

dx23 03-17-10 12:12 PM

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload...4-722341a4b726

Anono 03-17-10 12:15 PM

This is UNHEARD OF! I am shocked! Make sure to write to your senators!!!!

Joking aside 4 blus in my cart did rise.:p

thursdaynighter 03-17-10 01:23 PM

I had about 8 of 20 dvds (dvd sets) go up in my cart

Timber 03-17-10 01:55 PM

Wow, Lonesome Dove went from $8.99, the price I added it at yesterday, to $24.99 today. Gotta strike while the iron is hot I guess.

clappj 03-17-10 03:24 PM

Truthfully, has anyone taken the time to check everything Amazon sells, to see if it all indeed went up to price?

Kedrix 03-17-10 03:36 PM

I seriously doubt it all went up in price. However, it is true that Amazon's stock market pricing has become ridiculous to the point where I don't even try to follow it. Unless I really need something specific, I have a habit of sticking to their warehouse deals or any other third party vendor that has the tag of Fulfilled by Amazon. Just seems easier that way.

TheBigDave 03-17-10 04:08 PM

I have about two dozen blu-rays on my Wish List, and almost every one jumped 5%-10%. Lot of movies went from 30% Off to 25% Off. Hopefully this isn't part of a new pricing strategy. Maybe they're preparing for a big sale?

b2net 03-17-10 05:49 PM

most of my basket went up.... but not all... so it isn't accross the board.. but then again.. they have to pay for all the free trials of prime they just gave out.. ;)

Easy 03-17-10 06:29 PM

Everything I was tracking did not go up. Every single blu-ray in my cart did though.....

Michael Corvin 03-17-10 07:00 PM

:hscratch: You guys know that keeping movies in your cart or wishlist prevents them from showing up in your Gold Box, right?

Every 5% helps.

obispo21 03-17-10 09:03 PM

There was a decent price hike on many titles I wanted a few days ago as well.

(e.g. Been waiting for a good deal on Contact & Deep Impact BDs... went from about $16.99 to $19.99 & $20.XX.)

A couple audio CDs I wanted went up 2-3 dollars as well.

Many prices are no better than Best Buy now :(.

I heard that sometimes price hikes mean a big sale is coming - hope so. I won't be buying too much media at Amazon if it stays this way.

dx23 03-17-10 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 10055134)
:hscratch: You guys know that keeping movies in your cart or wishlist prevents them from showing up in your Gold Box, right?

Every 5% helps.

That's not true. I keep getting Gold Box offers for stuff I have in my cart constantly.

Abob Teff 03-17-10 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by clappj (Post 10054736)
Truthfully, has anyone taken the time to check everything Amazon sells, to see if it all indeed went up to price?

Yes ... I do it just before watching every DVD (and now Blu-Ray, just in case) in my collection every week to ensure that DVD-rot has not set in ... (anybody care to dig up that thread?)