Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-18-14, 08:03 PM   #51
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Returns at Walmart & "Violations of Federal Law"

It's a theft-prevention strategy designed to handle high-risk areas, implemented on a store level. There are no Federal laws about returned DVDs.

Over 5000 Blu-rays ranked by pure video quality.
Old 01-18-14, 08:15 PM   #52
DVD Talk Hero

I returned a couple of my Black Friday blu-ray purchases to Walmart (Skyfall, which I got in the Bond 50 box I bought later, and one other) and they took the unopened discs back and gave me a cash refund with no questions and no hassles.

-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Old 09-13-18, 07:50 PM   #53

So I have a similar yet slightly different story. I tried to return a blu ray at walmart toigjt and the manager insisted that even though it was brand new sealed and unopened she could not return it because it violates copyright laws... I understand walmart has Instawatch, but that shouldn't constitute me not being able to return the movie, If I purchase a movie for someone as a gift and they have it or don't want it, does this mean I'm stuck with it?

I had this happen previously last year and I called walmart customer service and they said that I should not have a problem returning it, so I think somewhere along the way someone is misunderstanding the rules, Yes if the item is opened I understand not being able to return it because someone could have watched it, , although if its defective it should be allowed to be exchanged and if it's out of stock then they should offer a refund since it will be sent back to the distributer for manufacture error, however a brand new unopened movie should be returned or they need to tell you prior to purchasing it that it cannot.

any similar situations?
any way around this?
I plan to call walmart customer service to let them know what they're doing, not that I think it will fix anything
Old 09-15-18, 09:09 PM   #54
DVD Talk Legend

Your mileage may vary. Thatís all there is to say about it.

Big retailers are creating new return rules. I noticed Bed Bath and Beyond has a new policy. Itís because margins are getting tighter and tighter to compete with Amazon. People heavily abuse returns. And the retailers are ending up in the red due to their loose return policies.
Old 09-16-18, 09:42 PM   #55

People are fucking stupid. I actually had a server at Outback claim it was illegal for her to put rootbeer in one of those tall frosted mugs from the bar for me one time, in spite of the fact I've been ordering it that way for like 15 years now. She even pretended to check with the manager and claim she couldn't do it. I told the stupid bitch to get me what I asked for or get me the owner of the restaurant. She finally did it.
Old 09-20-18, 02:41 PM   #56
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper187 View Post
People are fucking stupid. I actually had a server at Outback claim it was illegal for her to put rootbeer in one of those tall frosted mugs from the bar for me one time, in spite of the fact I've been ordering it that way for like 15 years now. She even pretended to check with the manager and claim she couldn't do it. I told the stupid bitch to get me what I asked for or get me the owner of the restaurant. She finally did it.
You got frosted spit on your mug.

Read Poop Office at http://nakedgrapecomics.com
Old 09-20-18, 02:46 PM   #57
DVD Talk Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben12 View Post
You got frosted spit on your mug.
I was thinking something much, much worse.

The rise of Amazon has more or less shredded retail margins for brick & mortar stores. Returns are a critical focus at the moment for business managers, as it's a huge source of retail fraud.

I think the days of full refunds are nearing their end. Once enough businesses move to blocking returns, it will be easier to get away with when your competitors also don't accept returns.

Over 5000 Blu-rays ranked by pure video quality.