Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DD - Coming Soon: The New and Improved DeepDiscount.com

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DD - Coming Soon: The New and Improved DeepDiscount.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-10, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DD - Coming Soon: The New and Improved DeepDiscount.com

I know this is a little late, but did anyone have their wishlist restore even close to how it was? Mine finally started showing up maybe a little under a month ago, but it's a mess. Stuff I deleted 9+ months ago is on here, and just about anything I added after November has gone missing.
Old 03-29-10, 06:58 PM
Cool New Member

For those who waited, the new Rifftrax DVDs are back online. Each DVD is $6.09 each with Rifftrax Live at $9.15.
Old 04-01-10, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Today I received a box from Infinity Resources Inc with a return address of Itasca IL, which I immediately suspected a DVD from DD. I opened it up and found a bunch of Wizard of Oz crap Happy Meal dolls in a ziploc bag and no packing slip. I immediately got on the phone to DD and informed them of what I was sent. They confirmed I/R was their parent company. I asked them how this I/R got my address? Of course the C/S rep was clueless. He asked if I would return the items after they sent me a return label, which I said I would. However, smelling opportunity, I asked the rep for a code to let me get a free DVD for my trouble and their f-up. He put me on hold to take to his Supv., and then offered me up a 10% off code. I balked at it and told him they offer up 30% for the semiannual sales. He told me 10% was the best his Supv. could offer. I sarcastically told him to go ahead and send me the return label and I would put the items back in the mail real soon. What a jerky way to do business. They screw up, send me crap from a company that they obviously shared my address with, inconvenience me, and then don't offer me something tangible for my trouble? Those dolls are headed into the garbage. I might call up I/R tomorrow when the open for business and see if anyone there can explain this snafu.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 04-01-10 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-02-10, 11:56 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Straw
Today I received a box from Infinity Resources Inc with a return address of Itasca IL, which I immediately suspected a DVD from DD. I opened it up and found a bunch of Wizard of Oz crap Happy Meal dolls in a ziploc bag and no packing slip. I immediately got on the phone to DD and informed them of what I was sent. They confirmed I/R was their parent company. I asked them how this I/R got my address? Of course the C/S rep was clueless. He asked if I would return the items after they sent me a return label, which I said I would. However, smelling opportunity, I asked the rep for a code to let me get a free DVD for my trouble and their f-up. He put me on hold to take to his Supv., and then offered me up a 10% off code. I balked at it and told him they offer up 30% for the semiannual sales. He told me 10% was the best his Supv. could offer. I sarcastically told him to go ahead and send me the return label and I would put the items back in the mail real soon. What a jerky way to do business. They screw up, send me crap from a company that they obviously shared my address with, inconvenience me, and then don't offer me something tangible for my trouble? Those dolls are headed into the garbage. I might call up I/R tomorrow when the open for business and see if anyone there can explain this snafu.

Doesn't anybody just do the right thing without expecting compensation anymore?
Old 04-02-10, 12:31 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor

I agree 1000%.
Old 04-02-10, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

What makes you think being compensated with a DVD for my inconvenience isn't the right thing? So you're saying offering up a 10% off code was DD doing the right thing? They shared my info with another company in order for those items to get to me. Was that the right thing? If they're going to be hard-asses, the perhaps I don't feel like putting on my good Samaritan hat for them.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 04-02-10 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-02-10, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jack Straw
What makes you think being compensated with a DVD for my inconvenience isn't the right thing? So you're saying offering up a 10% off code was DD doing the right thing? They shared my info with another company in order for those items to get to me. Was that the right thing? If they're going to be hard-asses, the perhaps I don't feel like putting on my good Samaritan hat for them.
They didn't share your info with another company Infinity Resources IS Deep Discount read the about us page.
Old 04-09-10, 12:19 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I've been a long time DD customer, but this new website is not my friend.
I can no longer log in, nor will it send me a password reminder (not that I've forgotten it). I can't even use Google checkout as it asks you to log in (which it shouldn't, Google has all my info). And if I try and set up a new account it tells me the email address is already linked to an account.

So I sent an email detailing my problem and they suggested that I call in orders or set up a new account with a different email address! I don't want to use a different email address!
Old 04-09-10, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I continue to have problems with buttons not appearing, and preventing me from completing an order. No amount of cache emptying, refreshing, or swearing helps. And the kicker, is that a button to contact CS won't appear. I guess if they don't want my money that badly, i wont fight them on it.
Old 04-09-10, 03:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trevor

I don't even try. Last time I helped an old lady across the street and (smelling opportunity) took a dollar out of her purse for my trouble you could hear her screaming for blocks.
Old 04-09-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
I continue to have problems with buttons not appearing, and preventing me from completing an order. No amount of cache emptying, refreshing, or swearing helps. And the kicker, is that a button to contact CS won't appear. I guess if they don't want my money that badly, i wont fight them on it.
It may not help as there's a "submit" button at the bottom of the page, but here's the direct "contact us" link:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/contactus/

And something I've not noticed before... they have a toll-free number. I thought it was a toll call before...

"To reach Customer Service via telephone call toll-free: 800-264-5076. You can reach our customer service representatives Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. CT and on Saturday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. CT. "

What browser? If it's IE8 try "compatibility mode" for DD or change your browser (highly recommended).

I'd say it's probably a Java issue but I use Firefox with the NoScript plugin and run DD with *everything* disabled. I give permission to DD to run Javascript *only* when I place an order or update my wishlist and only DD gets permission. All the other junk Javascript stays denied. The site runs a bit faster this way.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 04-09-10 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-10-10, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
It may not help as there's a "submit" button at the bottom of the page, but here's the direct "contact us" link:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/contactus/

And something I've not noticed before... they have a toll-free number. I thought it was a toll call before...

"To reach Customer Service via telephone call toll-free: 800-264-5076. You can reach our customer service representatives Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. CT and on Saturday from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. CT. "

What browser? If it's IE8 try "compatibility mode" for DD or change your browser (highly recommended).

I'd say it's probably a Java issue but I use Firefox with the NoScript plugin and run DD with *everything* disabled. I give permission to DD to run Javascript *only* when I place an order or update my wishlist and only DD gets permission. All the other junk Javascript stays denied. The site runs a bit faster this way.
I use firefox, and will be using your recommendations the next time i place an order. In spite of my occasional wobblers about DD, i really do have a fond place in my heart for them, and like using them for single item orders so i don't have to cobble together 25 for amazon free shipping. I like them almost as much as i like run on sentences.

THANK YOU very much, by the way for taking the time to post all you did and drawing attention to the toll free CS numbers.