Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Returning a DVD at FYE

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Returning a DVD at FYE

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-09, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Returning a DVD at FYE

Tonight I was at FYE and found Family Guy Volume 7 used for $30.99, since it's $40 new. I opened it up when I got home and it was scratched. I went to go return it and the guy said they had another used one in stock, so he just scanned a few things and swapped it out. He asked if I wanted to check it to see if it was OK before leaving (since the slipcover was pretty banged up). The discs were in OK condition, a little dust and some fingerprints, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. He didn't ask for my name or contact information, so I just left. I realized that Volume 7 is on sale at Target for $14.99 this week, so I scooped it up and put the slipcover on the new version I picked up. I know FYE has a 100% guarantee on their used products, and since the Used price tags are still on the set, should I go back in a few days since they have no more used copies? Or should I go to another FYE? I know it's crazy, but it's $16 I would be saving - that's a whole other DVD I could be buying!
Old 01-04-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Returning a DVD at FYE

Take it back to another FYE just incase the same guy waits on you and they got more in.
I've learned to watch out & never pay more than $15 - $20 for USED as sooner or later they will be under $15.
Old 01-05-10, 12:31 PM
Banned

Well if what you are trying to do is return a used DVD they will not allow that. Only exchange. So you can either grab another copy of Family Guy or put the $30.99 (cannot believe you paid that much) towards something else in the store.
Old 01-05-10, 03:51 PM

It didn't matter, as long as I was able to get the $30.99 back, which I did with no problem. I got store credit, which was fine because I constantly shop there anyway.