Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Questions regarding Amazon shipment

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 11-29-09, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, so with an order I placed at Amazon on November 26, I found four of the items (3 DVDs, 1 BD) cheaper elsewhere.

Two DVDs were cheaper by $1.24 at Buy.com and another was cheaper by $0.99 also at Buy.com.

Something I didn't know before placing the order at Amazon.com is that one of the checkout options at Buy.com is through Amazon.com.

Not sure if I can recoup the price differences or not, especially since I already put in a "Return to Amazon.com order" request for the four items.

But what I'm wondering now is if I can just write "REFUSED-Return to Sender" on the shipment and get recouped. Could a problem pop up since they've already sent me the e-mail with the link to return authorization bar code?

And another question. For the return, if someone selects the self postage versus UPS, can you send the items via Media Mail even if they were sent with two-day shipping with Amazon Prime?
Old 11-29-09, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Questions regarding Amazon shipment

This should answer your question about return shipping: link

Amazon doesn't technically need an RMA for returns.

No comment on your first part however. Seems like a little trouble (possible lost shipments/time lost) for a too little a gain. It will probably cost you more to drive to the post office than what you'll save. But so be it .........
Old 11-30-09, 07:14 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Yeah, seems like a big hassle for a couple/few bucks.
Old 11-30-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

It does seem like a big hassle for $3.47. I have only ever returned one thing to amazon. I used their prepaid label, and ended up getting refunded the total minus a couple bucks for the return shipping. What they kept was about half of what It would have cost me to ship the item back to them using UPS. This item was shipped to me with Two day prime UPS shipping, and went back USPS.