DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Absolute cheapest thing at Best Buy? (Need .01 filler) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/561049-absolute-cheapest-thing-best-buy-need-01-filler.html)

joltman 09-06-09 07:07 PM

Absolute cheapest thing at Best Buy? (Need .01 filler)

I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow, and plan on getting something with RW certs. Of course, I have $10 in certs, and what I want to get is $9.99, and they don't let you use the certs for less than what they are worth. So, does anyone know what the cheapest thing is at the store? I remember one time I just figured I'd get a candy bar on the way out, but even that was like over $1.

Deftones 09-06-09 07:35 PM

Re: Absolute cheapest thing at Best Buy? (Need .01 filler)

i doubt you are going to find anything that is less than $1. you can't just suck it up and pay the $1?

laserdogg 09-06-09 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 9692318)
I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow, and plan on getting something with RW certs. Of course, I have $10 in certs, and what I want to get is $9.99, and they don't let you use the certs for less than what they are worth. So, does anyone know what the cheapest thing is at the store? I remember one time I just figured I'd get a candy bar on the way out, but even that was like over $1.

Gum or TicTacs? should be about .50

CaptainMarvel 09-06-09 10:53 PM

Sometimes there are promo discs listed as $0.01. I picked up a 300 promo back before the movie's release that was that price.

joltman 09-07-09 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 9692350)
i doubt you are going to find anything that is less than $1. you can't just suck it up and pay the $1?

Well, of course I can, but it's the principle, I want to pay as little as possible :P

OldBoy 09-08-09 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by laserdogg (Post 9692384)
Gum or TicTacs? should be about .50

any pack of gum there, i think, is at least $1.50.

styl3s 09-09-09 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 9692959)
Well, of course I can, but it's the principle, I want to pay as little as possible :P

i have heard of cheap but jesus man :p

i don't know anything that cost 1 penny but i know stuff that cost less then a buck, like mentioned before gum or something.. seriously dude you are CHEAP lol

ghosthost999 09-09-09 11:32 PM

Chicklets or Little beef jerky sticks are 50 cents. Cheapest things in store (Best Buy drone here)

auto 09-13-09 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by styl3s (Post 9697604)
i have heard of cheap but jesus man :p

i don't know anything that cost 1 penny but i know stuff that cost less then a buck, like mentioned before gum or something.. seriously dude you are CHEAP lol

Yeah, how crazy is he to not want to waste money on something he doesn't want. :rolleyes:

lacubs 09-13-09 06:48 PM

an HBO sample disc is $.01 that include a sample of Little Britain USA,Life And Times Of Tim and 1 more (cant remember)

Kory 09-14-09 11:54 AM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....s&nrp=15&iht=n

See if that link works. That's absolutely everything on BestBuy.com, organized from cheapest to most expensive. Now you just have to hope your store has some of them in stock so you can price match.

glassdragon 09-16-09 04:50 AM

I hear even the website has the ability to strip your dignity and suck out your soul. I wonder if that is worth a penny to use as the filler?

joltman 09-16-09 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Kory (Post 9707915)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....s&nrp=15&iht=n

See if that link works. That's absolutely everything on BestBuy.com, organized from cheapest to most expensive. Now you just have to hope your store has some of them in stock so you can price match.

That actually is really helpful :)
In the future, I can order what I want for in-store pickup, and order the cheapest thing with free shipping (since I'm a RW Silver member). Thanks!

Mordred 09-16-09 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 9692959)

You should do what I do every time I have this problem (twice in the past month). I go to the register with my $10 coupon and $9.99 item and ask them to ring it up at $10. They price adjust it up on the spot and I walk out with out something I didn't want. Takes all of 10 seconds.

Cheato 09-16-09 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mordred (Post 9712846)
You should do what I do every time I have this problem (twice in the past month). I go to the register with my $10 coupon and $9.99 item and ask them to ring it up at $10. They price adjust it up on the spot and I don't walk out with out something I didn't want. Takes all of 10 seconds.

Fixed. (Really!)

Mordred 09-16-09 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cheato (Post 9713024)
Fixed. (Really!)

Actually, "I walk out without something I didn't want" really was correct... except for the space i put between "with" and "out". :)