DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   amazon confirmation email question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/559898-amazon-confirmation-email-question.html)

statcat 08-15-09 01:38 PM

amazon confirmation email question

I ordered a dvd last night from a seller and received the standard your order with amazon email but haven't received one saying my card was charged. I see the order in my history. I don't remember it ever taking this long (half a day so far). Does it take a long time sometimes? I just placed an order a few days ago and I received it in an hour.

Al_Tahoe 08-15-09 05:05 PM

Re: amazon confirmation email question

On Thursday the 13th, Amazon Marketplace changed their system to "Charge When Ship". From then on, your credit card will not be charged until the seller confirms your order has "shipped", and not when you place your order. You'll be getting a separate e-mail letting you know when your order has been shipped, and around that time your credit card will be charged.

statcat 08-15-09 05:12 PM

oh ok, that explains it, thank you

JZ1276 10-19-09 03:32 AM

I'm a seller on Amazon and went to confirm 2 sales today and it brought me to a page that wanted all the shipping info including tracking numbers for the 2 packages. I have NEVER got tracking numbers when I shipped items bc the post office wants extra for getting tracking numbers. Will they be reimbursing extra to the the tracking or the same amount as before?

pilot 10-19-09 08:34 AM

They may not (I doubt it). I think if you do postage online it's free, or really really cheap for delivery confirmation. Might be something new to stop the fraud. From their help pages, it specifically specifies entering a tracking #, so they may require it now..
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200340880

Brent L 10-19-09 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by JZ1276 (Post 9782840)
I'm a seller on Amazon and went to confirm 2 sales today and it brought me to a page that wanted all the shipping info including tracking numbers for the 2 packages. I have NEVER got tracking numbers when I shipped items bc the post office wants extra for getting tracking numbers. Will they be reimbursing extra to the the tracking or the same amount as before?

You don't have to give a tracking number. Just go to the drop down box and pick the type of shipping service and proceed, it will go through. They suggest adding a tracking number, I think saying that it makes people more likely to leave you feedback. It says something like that I'm pretty sure.

I do highly recommend getting delivery confirmation though. It saved my ass on Amazon earlier this year. Someone bought something, claimed they didn't get it so they filed a complaint, and Amazon contacted me. All I had to do was give them the delivery confirmation tracking number proving I mailed it to their location and I won the dispute.

Al_Tahoe 10-19-09 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by JZ1276 (Post 9782840)
Will they be reimbursing extra to the the tracking or the same amount as before?

Same amount as before.

spainlinx0 10-20-09 12:41 AM

I sold a few textbooks, and did not provide a tracking number. Worked just fine.

styl3s 10-20-09 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 9783025)
You don't have to give a tracking number. Just go to the drop down box and pick the type of shipping service and proceed, it will go through. They suggest adding a tracking number, I think saying that it makes people more likely to leave you feedback. It says something like that I'm pretty sure.

I do highly recommend getting delivery confirmation though. It saved my ass on Amazon earlier this year. Someone bought something, claimed they didn't get it so they filed a complaint, and Amazon contacted me. All I had to do was give them the delivery confirmation tracking number proving I mailed it to their location and I won the dispute.

you don't have to give one? i guess most people do give them then i guess because ive been buying from sellers alot for along time and every single one has given tracking

Brent L 10-20-09 08:41 AM

Nope, you don't have to give one if you really don't want to.

DvDDan 10-20-09 09:04 AM

worst thing amazon could have done. I want the money to pay for the shipping not pay for the shipping and be reimbursed. I am a poor folk.

jjcool 10-20-09 12:07 PM

What happens if the card is declined?

Funk 10-20-09 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by DvDDan (Post 9785030)
worst thing amazon could have done. I want the money to pay for the shipping not pay for the shipping and be reimbursed. I am a poor folk.

You were always supposed to ship within 1 or 2 days of receiving the order. Not when you received the funds from Amazon. Nothing changes there.

What happens if the card is declined?
From the FAQ: What happens if a customer's payment is declined after I ship and confirm an order?

Amazon assumes the risk of buyer non-payment for every order in your Unshipped Orders Reports or that has confirm and cancel buttons in Manage Orders. As long as you confirm that the order was properly shipped, you will be paid in accordance with the Marketplace Participation Agreement. Of course, just as now, there may be circumstances where payment may later need to be refunded, for example when the buyer does not receive the order, or it is not as described.

JB7 11-02-09 12:04 PM

Do you guys insure your items when selling on amazon?

Al_Tahoe 11-03-09 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by JB7 (Post 9811302)
Do you guys insure your items when selling on amazon?

Here's what I do...

< $25........................ Take my chances
$25-$90..................... Delivery confirmation (no insurance)
> $90........................ Signature confirmation + insurance

Of course, everyone has to decide for themselves what level of risk they're comfortable with.