DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   deal of a life time... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/559768-deal-life-time.html)

Demonmoon68 08-13-09 09:35 AM

deal of a life time...

a local little video store went out of business yesterday and i was able to get 30 criterion dvds most never rented for a grand total of $90!!!! it was glorious. so i guess the point of this thread is keep a close eye out for the little stores going out of business and the huge blockbuster closings comeing up in a couple of months.

Anono 08-13-09 09:44 AM

Re: deal of a life time...

:rimshot:

miller_time22 08-13-09 09:45 AM

Did you immediately head to the nearest gas station and buy a lottery ticket? :)

Congrats on the awesome deal!

Sweet Baby James 08-13-09 09:46 AM

I once got a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts and they forgot to charge me for it. No fooling. The point of this post is that you might want to head on down to DD and see if you get lucky.-wink-

pjflyer 08-13-09 09:55 AM

Wouldn't the point of this thread be to tell people the location of the store so that they could find their own "deal of a lifetime?" That is, if there is any truth to this.

rfduncan 08-13-09 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Demonmoon68 (Post 9641080)
a local little video store went out of business yesterday and i was able to get 30 criterion dvds most never rented for a grand total of $90!!!! it was glorious. so i guess the point of this thread is keep a close eye out for the little stores going out of business and the huge blockbuster closings comeing up in a couple of months.

Nice. Congrats. But in my experience B&M Blockbusters don't carry any Criterion titles unless they are mainstream titles exclusive to Criterion (e.g. The Royal Tenenbaums).

TGM 08-13-09 10:02 AM

how is this good news? now you have to watch 30 Criterions. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Snowmaker 08-13-09 10:07 AM

Watch for a FS thread from Demonmoon68 coming soon to an Exchange Form near you!

BuckNaked2k 08-13-09 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Demonmoon68 (Post 9641080)
....and the huge blockbuster closings coming up in a couple of months.

Do you have some specific knowledge here??

Demonmoon68 08-13-09 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by pjflyer (Post 9641129)
Wouldn't the point of this thread be to tell people the location of the store so that they could find their own "deal of a lifetime?" That is, if there is any truth to this.

well if you read my post i said it closed yesterday.. so if you want to go to an empty store in indiana and peep through the windows go for the gold.

and yes i do know specificly that blockbuster will be closeing a good chunk of their stores.. they said around 500. some are already in the liquidation process. and someone told me there is a liquidation list on a webpage but i dont know the adress, sorry.

and finally... to respond to snowmaker... sell these are you nuts.

to the others thanks and if you get a find like this please share always good to hear when a fellow dvd hunter makes a good find.

whotony 08-13-09 11:32 AM

"and yes i do know specificly that blockbuster will be closeing a good chunk of their stores.. they said around 500. some are already in the liquidation process. and someone told me there is a liquidation list on a webpage but i dont know the adress, sorry."

THEY said this.

Ok who is THEY?
And until you post the website it isn't real.

pjflyer 08-13-09 11:50 AM

I'm curious of the name and location of your find. I've lived in Indiana.

madlost1 08-13-09 11:58 AM

I've been searching for the last fifteen minutes for any website with any mention of this and have come up with nothing.

Cheato 08-13-09 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Demonmoon68 (Post 9641249)
and yes i do know specificly that blockbuster will be closeing a good chunk of their stores..

You spelled "their" correctly.

Ropes Pierre 08-15-09 11:21 AM

I think it is cool that you got such a great deal, but on some level it makes me sad that smaller stores are becoming less and less viable in this economy. Hell, even larger stores like CC are finding it hard.

jjcool 08-15-09 11:35 AM

I had this happen when a small local store closed around here. They had a ton of stuff, and alot of it not opened yet that they let go of for cheap.