Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Buy.com, Orbitz linked to controversial marketers

Old 08-02-09, 12:58 PM

Buy.com, Orbitz linked to controversial marketers

Thousands of Web shoppers have complained that "mystery charges" are showing up on their credit card statements and have accused those who operate so-called Web loyalty programs of duping them into signing up

Link,
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10293633-93.html
Old 08-02-09, 02:48 PM

Re: Buy.com, Orbitz linked to controversial marketers

This is one of the reasons that I don't do as much business with Deep Discount DVDs as I do with other companies. It completely reeks of scam and, I think, makes DDD look less legit. I know that they're fine, but perception counts for a lot. Yes, I'm taking advantage of their 25% off sale, but checking out should be free from ads, scams, pop-ups and free from anxiety. DDD or any other business should not be able to hand off your credit card numbers to anyone else.

When I suggest DDD to others, I shouldn't have to warn people when they check out to be careful.
Old 08-02-09, 04:37 PM
Banned

I hope this bullshit comes to an end since it is as bad as spam. I don't know how this practice is not illegal either, since no one authorized to charges straight up.
Old 08-02-09, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by BigSue View Post
This is one of the reasons that I don't do as much business with Deep Discount DVDs as I do with other companies. It completely reeks of scam and, I think, makes DDD look less legit. I know that they're fine, but perception counts for a lot. Yes, I'm taking advantage of their 25% off sale, but checking out should be free from ads, scams, pop-ups and free from anxiety. DDD or any other business should not be able to hand off your credit card numbers to anyone else.

When I suggest DDD to others, I shouldn't have to warn people when they check out to be careful.
Agreed, and I'll never purchase anything from buy.com again! Be Careful people!!
Old 08-03-09, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeaah Deep Discount got me last year with this crap.

That bullshit Discount shoppers club.
Luckly with one phone call I got my money back and canceled my so call membeship.

I made a small order this year,and only buy from them when they have A great deal.
Didn't know Buy.com was doing the same low life stuff.
I guess that why I hear some people will not shop at Buy.com and bad mouth them.
Old 08-04-09, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had this happen once with allposters.com and have never ordered from them since. I've always wished that in the endless words of fine print that we have to read when ordering products etc., companies would be forced to put in bold print anything having to do with adding a charge or extra cost from the original order, especially these bogus monthly charge scams.