Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ordering HDTV's over 40" from Amazon?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-09, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ordered something large enough on Amazon to have them deliver it personally, having a truck show up? If so, how was it? I'm thinking about order a TV from them, but I wanna be sure its gonna be a simple process.
Old 07-05-09, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Ordering HDTV's over 40" from Amazon?

It's a simple process as long as you're home to accept delivery. They send the TV via freight, and then the freight company outsources a local delivery company. I'm not sure who they currently use, but you can ask them. It might be AIT who sources a local freight delivery company near you.
Old 07-05-09, 02:09 AM

As long as you make sure you are ordering directly from Amazon, not from a secondary vendor, and getting White Glove delivery as the shipping method, it should all be fine.

I had a 58" Plasma delivered last December, the biggest problem was the snowstorm (very unusual for Seattle) that delayed delivery.

Someone will need to be home to sign for the delivery, and the delivery company should bring the TV in, unpack it and set it on the stand, maybe hook it up and turn it on (I wasn't the one home, so I'm not positive on this) then take the packing material away.

In my area, Ceva, formerly Eagle Freight, is the delivery company. Between the TV delivery and having a desk delivered, I had great experiences with them and with their customer service people.
Old 07-05-09, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I ordered my 56" DLP from Amazon and had it delivered just a few days later by Eagle. It was a great experience, especially since they delivered it on a Sunday morning, and the day before my birthday.
Old 07-06-09, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've ordered from 6ave.com and had a great experience with a 50" TV, they called and made an appointment (within a half hour of my requested time) and brought it in, unpacked it and set it up.