Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever lost a Netflix DVD?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone ever lost a Netflix DVD?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-10, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts
Re: Anyone ever lost a Netflix DVD?

There can be a fingerprint on a NR. Someone has to put them into the sleeves afterall, they don't come like that from the distributor.
Old 03-25-10, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I think Netflix users like me are the reason they're not terribly concerned about "lost" discs. I went through and tallied it up and realized that in a two year stretch I actually bothered to rent a total of about ten discs. I was on the $5, one-disc-per-month plan, but still they made out far better than I did. So, you're welcome, people who "lost" discs in the last couple of years.

Also, noticing the remarks about postal delivery and whatnot reminded me of when my wife and I lived in our apartment. One of our neighbors caught up with me outside one afternoon and handed me a Netflix envelop. He said it had been delivered to his mailbox by mistake. What makes this stand out to me is not that he brought it to me...but the fact that he'd opened it and watched it first!
Old 03-26-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

None lost but have had a couple be late in the mail. Reported it non-delivered, they sent out a replacement and had the late disc show up a few days or a week or two after.
Old 03-26-10, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happens all the time to friends of mine who use Netflix and Blockbuster. They just tell explain that they sent it and that's that. They have never been charged. It would be ridiculous if they tried and charge for every disc that goes missing. I'm sure hundreds legitimately go missing a week. I work in a mail room so I've seen the backrooms of many Post Offices. They have huge bins filled to the top with Netflix DVDs (I wish I could get a picture, it pretty amazing). It's so easy for someone to grab a few.
Old 03-28-10, 05:28 PM

About a year ago my 13th disc went missing. They cancel my account. What was the pisser is they charged me for that month. I called and talk to them. They said they will keep my money being so many was lost. I asked the girl did I just buy them for $19, YES.

3 Months ago. The person across the street house was foreclosed on. The company cleaning out the house came over with a large stack (more then 13) of Netfilx label DVD and ask if I was &&&& I said yes he handed them to me. The missing 13 was in there, I did keep those as they put it I paid $19 for them. The rest I called them and told them what happen, all she thought was I was trying to pull something. In the end she told me to keep them. So I did.

Blockbuster I have had no problem, yet the guy down the street DVD still get put in my box from time to time. I open them up and send them back. Then again this happen before and I did not know it was his disc (we had order the same movie).
Old 03-28-10, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by drq2
3 Months ago. The person across the street house was foreclosed on. The company cleaning out the house came over with a large stack (more then 13) of Netfilx label DVD and ask if I was &&&& I said yes he handed them to me. The missing 13 was in there, I did keep those as they put it I paid $19 for them. The rest I called them and told them what happen, all she thought was I was trying to pull something. In the end she told me to keep them. So I did.
I have to ask: What were the nineteen DVDs?
Old 03-28-10, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
I have to ask: What were the nineteen DVDs?
Off hand I cannot tell you, other then Season 5 & 6 of DS9, problem is I own them. Still
Old 01-06-11, 10:04 PM

I was charged $14 and gives a refund if found in a year.
Old 01-07-11, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I lost one and bought a replacement and returned that, but that was a few years ago
Old 01-07-11, 11:18 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drq2
About a year ago my 13th disc went missing. They cancel my account. What was the pisser is they charged me for that month. I called and talk to them. They said they will keep my money being so many was lost. I asked the girl did I just buy them for $19, YES.

Blockbuster I have had no problem, yet the guy down the street DVD still get put in my box from time to time. I open them up and send them back. Then again this happen before and I did not know it was his disc (we had order the same movie).
Aren't you the same person who had their Amazon account canceled? Amazon and Netflix has some of the most customer friendly policies in the world, seems odd that you would get your account canceled on both.
Old 02-08-11, 10:49 PM

I lost the movie Avatar. I logged into my account and reported the lost dvd. They charged me $14 for the dvd and let me know that the next dvd in my queue was no on its way. They also had a note at the bottom that if I found the dvd in the next year I could send it in for a refund of the $14.