Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

BEWARE DVD Pacific!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

BEWARE DVD Pacific!

Old 07-04-11, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: BEWARE DVD Pacific!

I haven't ordered from them in years, but I used to quite often. I never had a problem.
Old 07-05-11, 02:31 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ikaris
I've been using dvdpacific for years (dozens and dozens of orders for hundreds of dollars), and have never had even one problem with credit card fraud, overbilling, and the like. There have been a couple of times when a parcel was a long time coming, and dvdpacific sent me a replacement with no questions asked. Once I got the original parcel after, so I ended up with two copies for the price of one. Few online stores will do that. Dvdpacific gets five stars from me, no question. Their prices are by far the best more than 90% of the time - cheaper than local stores or Canadian online stores like amazon.ca, even with shipping added. I've saved hundreds of dollars by shopping with dvdpacific. They have my COMPLETE trust.
Old 09-11-11, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dvdpacific.com has been down at least since last night. Anyone know what's going on?
Old 09-11-11, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

working fine for me
Old 09-12-11, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dugan
dvdpacific.com has been down at least since last night. Anyone know what's going on?
Ikaris was busy here.
Old 09-22-11, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've been using dvdpacific for years (dozens and dozens of orders for hundreds of dollars), and have never had even one problem with credit card fraud, overbilling, and the like. There have been a couple of times when a parcel was a long time coming, and dvdpacific sent me a replacement with no questions asked. Once I got the original parcel after, so I ended up with two copies for the price of one. Few online stores will do that. Dvdpacific gets five stars from me, no question. Their prices are by far the best more than 90% of the time - cheaper than local stores or Canadian online stores like amazon.ca, even with shipping added. I've saved hundreds of dollars by shopping with dvdpacific. They have my COMPLETE trust.
Jessica finally has joined dvdtalk.
Old 04-11-12, 08:36 PM

I'd like to add that it's been many years since dvdpacific stored credit card numbers on their site, and while their FAQ may SAY they can ask for a credit card statement, they have never asked me for one. I have made dozens more orders since my last comment here, and have never had a problem with fraud from anyone at all.

The fact that people have had fraud on their cc before they even get it in the mail indicates there are people at or involved with the credit card issuers, or they are somehow using random numbers to make fraudulent purchases.

At any rate, it is highly unlikely dvdpacific is at fault, despite several people complaining about them. After all the thousands of dollars I've spent there, if they were so bad I'd have been nailed by now. They have by far the best prices 99% of the time on dvds, blurays and on some cds. Even with shipping and exchange, I save a bundle over local stores or Canadian online retailers that offer free shipping.

I give them my highest recommendation to all my friends. Hardly a week goes by that I don't praise them to someone. I received two shipments from them this week already. For cross-border service, I get the majority of orders within two weeks of shipping. And I pay half the price on average of buying from amazon.ca - and THEY take a week or more on their free shipping, from within Canada.

BTW, I am No Jessica, Mr. Goldblum. Whatever that comment was supposed to mean. Kids these days are so ill-mannered.
Old 04-12-12, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Love the immediate response.
Old 04-12-12, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd like to add that it's been many years since dvdpacific stored credit card numbers on their site
How would someone that doesn't work there be able to know how a business handles processes like that, which are not normally shared with the public?
Old 04-16-12, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Love the immediate response.

Now that they take Paypal I don't worry about them anymore, but if Ikaris is indeed an employee, which I heartily suspect, it doesn't bode well for receiving your order in a timely fashion.
Old 04-16-12, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 680 Likes on 419 Posts

That twisted **** Jessica sold me a VMS Alarms system and I woke up with a perforated bowel!!
Old 06-18-12, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

My longest ever wait for a dvd was from DVD Pacific (6-7 months) but they did eventually deliver. No card problems at the time though.
Old 10-02-13, 04:08 PM

Going to ask a question here,hoping no one minds:
Im considering buying/pre-order Power Rangers: Seasons 8-12 from them because of the low price,it normally costs $179.99 but is now $110.87.Its the lowest price i have seen for this Box Set and i wish to pay using PayPal.Does anyone have some experience with DVD Pacific in 2013 when buying from them?I live in Norway so shipping will be overseas for me.
Old 10-02-13, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I now understand why someone from DVD Pacific came to post here. This thread is the second result in Google when you search for "DVD Pacific." Looking at their website now, I think DVD Pacific might simply be another alias for one of the larger media distributors in the country.

Check out this link for the Power Rangers set you want:
http://www.blowitoutahere.com/power-...2/826663144529

The sites look very similar. I haven't ordered from DVDPacific in years, but I can personally vouch for Blowitoutahere's service. They are a huge seller on Amazon's marketplace and occasionally run coupons.
Old 10-06-13, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I now understand why someone from DVD Pacific came to post here. This thread is the second result in Google when you search for "DVD Pacific." Looking at their website now, I think DVD Pacific might simply be another alias for one of the larger media distributors in the country.

Check out this link for the Power Rangers set you want:

The sites look very similar. I haven't ordered from DVDPacific in years, but I can personally vouch for Blowitoutahere's service. They are a huge seller on Amazon's marketplace and occasionally run coupons.
Thanks,but they seems to only be shipping to the USA.I live in Norway and need to buy from someone that ships to my country.Thats why i consider buying from DVD Pacific since the price on Amazon.com is $169.99...Thats around $60.00 cheaper if i buy from DVD Pacific and for me thats a lot of money.
(Had to remove the URL you included because im not allowed to post it yet.)