DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   FYE.com CHARGING (not just authorizing) credit card for preorders?! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/552403-fye-com-charging-not-just-authorizing-credit-card-preorders.html)

bearkiss 03-28-09 08:13 AM

FYE.com CHARGING (not just authorizing) credit card for preorders?!

I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen? I placed an order for 2 cds on fye.com that don't come out until 04-21. The order was placed on 03-16. The entire amount of the order ($41.00) was authorized to my credit card when I placed the order. Yesterday I was checking my credit card on line and I had a charge for $17.16 from fye.com dated 03-25. I went to the fye website and it shows that my total for the order is $41.00 and that $17.16 has been charged. It shows nothing has been shipped.

I called them at their toll free number (which is nowhere to be found on their website - I got it from another forum thread here!) and talked to a clueless gentleman.

I gave him my order number & explained the situation. I also told him that per their website help section. "Upon acceptance of your order, your credit card will be authorized for the full order amount but not charged. Once there is shipment confirmation, your credit card will be charged for only the shipped items including any prorated amounts for shipping and handling charges and any applicable taxes."

He advised me that is not so... that you are actually charged in full when you place the order. I then reminded him that not only was I not charged for the full order, but they waited 9 days before partially charging me. He then said that I would be charged the remaining amount between now & when the order ships... possibly in small increments and possibly in one charge. He said their policy has always been like this and there have been no recent changes.

I asked for his supervisor and he told me that one was not available but that he could have them call me. I declined that offer.

I then went back to their web site and cancelled my order. I have received an email stating that any charged portion will be refunded to my credit card within 2 billing cycles.

Has anyone ever had fye charge them like this? I have ordered from them many times and never had anything like this happen!

Kory 03-28-09 10:24 AM

Re: FYE.com CHARGING (not just authorizing) credit card for preorders?!

I haven't had this happen but you paid $41.00 for two CDs? Damn. What CDs were they?

bearkiss 03-28-09 10:56 AM

both were limited editions... one was a 2 cd set and the other was a cd / dvd combo... prices were actually comparable to amazon & best buy for these titles...

My Other Self 03-28-09 02:31 PM

So why didn't you buy them at Best Buy or Amazon?

bearkiss 03-29-09 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by mcfly (Post 9354975)
So why didn't you buy them at Best Buy or Amazon?

both items had rebates that made them end up being cheaper than amazon... (and yes, I'm well aware of the hassles getting the rebates from fye but have personally never had any real problem with that other than long waiting times)