DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Did Tower.com Recently Change Shipping Methods? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/552395-did-tower-com-recently-change-shipping-methods.html)

dvduser6 03-27-09 10:10 PM

Did Tower.com Recently Change Shipping Methods?

Placed an order for two items at Tower.com last month in order to get free shipping if I spent more than $25.00. I've done this from Tower numerous times during 2008 and received my items within 5-7 days. Now, I get my shipping confirmations, but no merchandise. I decided to check their site and, sure enough, they now state the following:
Take advantage of our improved SHOP N' SAVE shipping service - When you purchase over $25.00 in Tower.com product, we will ship your items at standard delivery rate FREE to anywhere in the contiguous United States.

The following restrictions apply:
Tower.com no longer ships to P.O. Box addresses. Please provide a physical address to ensure no shipping delays from time of order.
Please note that your order may take an additional 5-7 business days to ship after all items in the order are available to ship. Transit time for Free Standard Shipping orders is 10 to 14 business days after shipping.
Your order may become ineligible for Free Standard Shipping if item(s) are cancelled, shipping address is changed.
Please notify customer service if you have or wish to cancel an item.
Certain items may become ineligible for Free Standard Shipping if they are oversized or overweight.
Handling fees, special order fees may apply.
Free Standard Shipping policies may change or be discontinued at any time.

So, I assume that now means if they'd pulled the items for your order, it will take up to 7 additional days for it to actually ship, then potentially another 14 days. Looks like I'm done choosing that option. Kind of a bummer, as I find Tower to have pretty competitive prices compared to some other online etailers. This experience will definitely cause me to take my business elsewhere.

SFranke 03-28-09 11:22 PM

Re: Did Tower.com Recently Change Shipping Methods?

Yes I noticed this too. The order doesn't really ship until every item is ready to go. With diligence, you can get some great deals at Tower, so I put up with delays in shipping.

dvduser6 03-29-09 12:23 AM

My items finally did arrive today. At least they still seem to pack the items well. I agree that the prices are extremely competitive. I was just caught off guard that their new shipping policies are taking much longer than they used to.

Walker Boh 03-29-09 09:33 AM

What are they using now: UPS, USPS, etc.?

SFranke 03-29-09 02:07 PM

USPS. A while back they were using DHL for everything, it seemed.