DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Blockbuster Online change in rental policy is a crock. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/551860-blockbuster-online-change-rental-policy-crock.html)

dsa_shea 03-18-09 09:30 PM

Blockbuster Online change in rental policy is a crock.

I read in the other thread that supposedly the change in policy where you only get three out at a time doesn't apply to previous customers. Well, I've been one of those customers for a few years and they applied this new policy to me. I guess I'm going to have to cancel. What a crock! And they didn't bother telling me that this was going to happen until I emailed them about not receiving another title after waiting four days for one to ship out.

calhoun07 03-18-09 09:32 PM

Re: Blockbuster Online change in rental policy is a crock.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78...n/7bd7e285.jpg

panchor 03-19-09 09:14 AM

That sucks. I have been using Blockbuster online for a few years and I am going to cancel at the end of this billing cycle.

fujishig 03-19-09 02:02 PM

Yeah, I think the guy that posted that people who were long time customers were exempt from the new in-store return policy was misinformed. I haven't heard of anyone else that kept the old policy (even though there is no change on the account status description). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... I canceled last week, right before my next payment was due.

flajetfan 03-19-09 02:32 PM

Add my voice to this chorus. Not sure which is more lame: the fact that they did it or the fact that they tried to pretend it's something good by touting it as "no more due dates". What a crock!!

dsa_shea 03-20-09 11:02 AM

This new policy completely negates what they sold us on the plan in the first. Instead of six in hand the best you can have is three at a time. Blockbuster and Sony can both eat shit right now.

Gizmo 03-20-09 11:54 AM

Sony?

cpgator 03-20-09 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 9338421)
Sony?

Cus Sony sucks too. Duh.

:)

Mordred 03-20-09 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by cpgator (Post 9338731)
Cus Sony sucks too. Duh.

:)

I hate Microsoft!

marty888 03-20-09 08:09 PM

I hate Circuit City, and I'm not gonna shop there no more!

dsa_shea 03-20-09 08:32 PM

I mentioned Sony because they raked me over the coals in the last week as well. Blockbuster shafts us on the rentals and Sony did nothing to fix my PS3 instead just shipped me a refurb which means I lose everything on my hard drive.

jb40967 03-21-09 02:17 PM

I'm thinking of starting a class action lawsuit. This is absolutely bogus. Their website (I took a screenshot) clearly indicates unlimited number of DVDs through the mail up to the total number allowed out by your plan. It does not mention anything about what's "at home" or including those rented through the store.

Anybody interested?

dsa_shea 03-21-09 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by jb40967 (Post 9340706)
I'm thinking of starting a class action lawsuit. This is absolutely bogus. Their website (I took a screenshot) clearly indicates unlimited number of DVDs through the mail up to the total number allowed out by your plan. It does not mention anything about what's "at home" or including those rented through the store.

Anybody interested?

I'm interested. They should have at least given us a heads up that this was coming. Instead they just relied on you one day realizing that another movie wasn't coming in the mail and then investigating to find out why.

calhoun07 03-22-09 01:41 AM

I don't rent online, but I think a class action suit is very much called for considering all this. Granted, they probably won't ever have to pay out on it once the bankruptcy goes through....