Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Question on Axelmusic.dk and refunding VAT?

Old 03-18-09, 08:57 AM

Question on Axelmusic.dk and refunding VAT?

I ordered a Blue ray from axexmusic.dk and was wondering how they refund the VAT? Somewhere during the checkout it said 25% of the total will be discounted if shipping outside the EU. Or something like that.

My item showed on the site as DKK 249,95, with shipping being DKK39,95 for a total of DKK 289,90.

My credit card shows a pending charge of $50 which is the exchange rate of the total. Did the VAT already get discounted or would that have been an additional 25% on top of my total if I was in the EU?
Old 03-18-09, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Question on Axelmusic.dk and refunding VAT?

Originally Posted by dvd_chance View Post
I ordered a Blue ray from axexmusic.dk and was wondering how they refund the VAT? Somewhere during the checkout it said 25% of the total will be discounted if shipping outside the EU. Or something like that.

My item showed on the site as DKK 249,95, with shipping being DKK39,95 for a total of DKK 289,90.

My credit card shows a pending charge of $50 which is the exchange rate of the total. Did the VAT already get discounted or would that have been an additional 25% on top of my total if I was in the EU?
its been a while since I ordered from them but maybe send them an email to remind them that is going an non-EU country.
Old 03-18-09, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The VAT should be removed from the DVD price only, not from your total.

The European prices usually include VAT so it gets taken off when you order from the US.

Send them a mail and ask. Does your confirmation e-mail show the removal of the VAT?

Dirk
Old 03-18-09, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the replies.

The confirmation email shows the total before any amount deducted; either from the item or the total. The charge still shows as pending so I haven't yet been charged anything. Maybe they make the adjustment when they actually charge the card at shipping time.

They sent me a second email saying my order is in processing and will complete packaging in 0 to 6 hours. If the amount doesn't get corrected I will email them then.