DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Shoppers discount club SCAM (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/551317-shoppers-discount-club-scam.html)

JoeySeven 03-09-09 04:32 PM

Shoppers discount club SCAM

Anyone else here been getting their credit card charge each month by
shoppers discount club?

I just noticed I have been being charged $12 for the last 3 months,for something I never signed up for.

I called them today and they said they would refund my charges and cancel my membership...something I never signed up.
I also called the CC company and made a complaint.
This is also a fairly new CC number I have.So I think its A place where I buy my DVD's that gave them my info.

Anyone else having this problem?
Its DD or DP,both the same company..

1-DeepDiscount
2-DVDplanet

or

also I did a google search on them,and all the info on SDC is a few years old.

emachine12 03-09-09 05:46 PM

Re: Shoppers discount club SCAM

Deep Discount and DVD Planet are the same company and they have a record of questionable customer transactions. In fact, if you buy a product from either of these two from eBay or Amazon, expect an account to be made FOR YOU by DVD Planet with a very weak and easily quessed password. I am also aware that during the checkout process at Deep Discount, there is a screen that you have to read carefully before clicking to continue since that will resuit in an "after charge" on your credit card for something. That may be what you are getting charged for. I never click on the links in Deep Discount's checkout or confirmation pages as that could take me somewhere shady.

FYE, in my experience, has never "after charged" a credit card for other services. They may have a promo but they clearly ask you if you want it.

g 03-09-09 09:00 PM

Yeah if you push the wrong button after a deepdiscount or dvdplanet purchase, you get signed up. im always very careful.

Cardsfan111 03-09-09 09:09 PM

Had something similar happen a couple of years ago through Columbia House. Didn't notice the charge right away, finally calling after 3 months or so. Frustrating because they would only refund me the current month's charges.

BKenn01 03-11-09 10:53 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep Discount and DVD Planet are the same company and they have a record of questionable customer transactions. In fact, if you buy a product from either of these two from eBay or Amazon,
I knew they sold under dvd planet on ebay. Do they also sell under deep discount (on ebay)?

emachine12 03-12-09 01:41 AM

I know they sell under Deep Discount at Amazon Marketplace but I'm not sure about eBay.

big whoppa 03-16-09 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by BKenn01 (Post 9320862)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew they sold under dvd planet on ebay. Do they also sell under deep discount (on ebay)?

Yeah, they do on both Amazon and ebay. The strange thing I noticed is their prices on ebay are often much lower than their own site.

JoeySeven 04-11-09 04:33 PM

Update

Money refunded and taken off the list with one phone call.

But kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth with both DeepDiscount
and DVDplanet.