Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Circuit City Rebates

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Circuit City Rebates

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-09, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Circuit City Rebates

I bought a printer at CC on Black Friday that had a $20 rebate. I submitted all appropriate documenation the next Monday. When checking online, it said my check printed on January 20th, and had a check number. As of February 15th, I hadn't received it, so I called and the CS rep told me to wait 30 days (from Jan 20) and they would reissue the check if I hadn't received it. Well, I called today and it seems they no longer have CS reps and the rebate information is null. Anyone have any suggestions or am I just out of luck? With there being an actual check number that was issued to me, I would think I could do something, but I'm not sure. Thanks.

Last edited by jewellrunner; 02-26-09 at 01:06 PM.
Old 02-27-09, 10:17 PM

Re: Circuit City Rebates

I bought a HP notebook on last Thanksgiving, with $150 mail-in rebates. On Jan 21 they informed me that the check has been printed out and I can expected to receive it in 5-7 days. But I never receive it.When I called them in February 15, they said they had not mailed out the check yet and they will do it in the next week, and I can expect to receive it before the next Saturday,Feb 21, But I did not receive it, again.When I called them on Feb 23, Monday through yesterday, Feb 26, nobody picked up the call then. And then I saw they posted a new annoucement indicating that they will not offer updates about rebates information anymore.

Why they did not mailed out the check of the rebates as early as January when they informed me that teh check is ready? Probably because when they issued the news of beginning liquidation process around Jan. 22, they decide not to mail out rebates checks any more.

I'm considering of filing a formal lawsuit against this fraud. Any newspaper reporter can report this deliberate business fraud?
Old 02-28-09, 08:09 PM

Same issue as davidangel. I also bought this computer on Black Friday and was informed on 1/22 that check was on its way. When I questioned on 2/11, I was told that the check had been sent and that if I didn't receive within 30 days to contact them and they would "stop payment on original check and issue a new check". I doubt we will see a dime out of them which is a disappointment considering I could have purchased a better PC for the non-rebated price!
Old 03-03-09, 03:46 PM

Hey same issue as Davidangel and cgmom....I got it for Black Friday and I still haven't received the 150$ rebate..do u think I can go to the store and talk or try to return the item and get back the whole money for the laptop? How could we proceed on this....inputs would be appreciated..it would help all of us since we all are in the same boat! I am trying to call them continuosly but to no success..noone even picks up the phone...the web link doesn't work anymore and I get the same message as davidangel..what do we do???
Old 03-03-09, 03:47 PM

and ya by the way I got the confirmation email that my rebate has been processed and my check will be received on Jan 22nd same as cgmom.
Old 03-05-09, 04:27 PM

Yeah, sounds like we're all having the same problem. If you're lucky enough to have a CC store still open in your area, I would go and raise he!!. Unfortunately, they are all closed around me.

Sounds like they deliberately held these checks. Glad to know they held on to their integrity through the whole liquidation process...
Old 03-05-09, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

If you used a CC, and are still within the time frame (not likely), challenge that portion of the charge.
Old 03-19-09, 08:17 PM

Hello, I am in the same situation. I bought an HP notebook in the last black friday, i have contacted CC customer service, they alleged my rebate check of $150.00 USD is in process but I haven't received anything yet.
Have any of you received your check? is there a contact at circuit city that could answer my question and take the appropriate action? they are closing all their stores and i dont know where to go.

thanks,

Yasel
Old 03-20-09, 06:14 PM

I would think your only recourse is to call your credit card company.
Old 04-15-09, 04:34 PM

Same situation for HP notebook rebate bought on Black Friday in 2008. Any idea to get $150.00 back? I will ask around and share here.
Old 04-15-09, 04:37 PM

Same situation for HP notebook rebate bought on Black Friday in 2008. Any idea to get $150.00 back? I will ask around and share here.
Old 04-16-09, 07:39 PM

I really hate mail-in rebates. It seems sneaky in general. So far, I've received the promised checks, but most of the time, I'd rather just buy the stuff somewhere that has something on sale or just pay what the ticket says.
Old 05-21-09, 03:14 PM

Got the Rebate!

Believe it or not - the $150 rebate appeared in the mailbox yesterday. I ran straight to the bank and am hoping the check clears. I was shocked to see it!
Old 05-26-09, 09:43 AM

Mine actually came the other day as well. I was definitely shocked.