Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount - Discourteous Staff - Lack Of Customer Service - Dishonest Practices!!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount - Discourteous Staff - Lack Of Customer Service - Dishonest Practices!!

Old 02-24-09, 12:25 PM

It is with great regret that I have to publish the above statement - but all attempts at an amicable resolution have resulted in me getting nowhere in discussion with the above mentioned company.

I placed an order with Deep Discount back on the 16th January 2008 - yep, you read it correctly - 2008. At no point did they tell me that either they did not have the item, or that there would be a delay, but they did not actually ship the item according to their records till 30th January 2008 on a 5-10 day delivery schedule.

I contacted them on 28th February 2008 to notify them that I still had not received the item ordered, and received a standard 'We will be in touch' auto response. I had subsequently placed a second order for a different item in the meantime. They never contacted me, I never received either item, and to be honest I forgot all about them.

It was only recently when disecting old emails that I discover that these items were still outstanding. I contacted them, asking about my unresolved issues to which they replied and said they would refund and reship and then recharge for the items in question. When I asked them if they understood that both orders were unresolved they then said that it had been too long and that they would not honour their commitment. Needless to say, I have tried all reasonable methods as you will see from the email history (latest info at the top written in reverse) to keep this a presonal matter, but have to let people see the way they treat some of their customers:-

=========================================================
from Paul XXXXXXX
to Deepdiscount
date Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM
subject Re: Store: Order Status [Incident: 090217-000480]
mailed-by gmail.com

hide details 12:33 PM (31 minutes ago)

Please forward said response with header info for verification - as I can provide all emails received and sent over the past 4 years and there was NO response from yourselves. Needless to say, it never existed. It is once again a pathetic response on your part that does not resolve said issue. At this time I will forward all communications to the BBB and publicise these events in whichever forums I deem necessary to keep the public informed of your fraudulent activity, the total disregard to what we would call 'Customer Service' and the lack of honesty portrayed by your organisation and staff.

Regards
Paul.
- Hide quoted text -

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Deepdiscount wrote:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support
center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it
within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Store: Order Status

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (sg) - 02/24/2009 10:34 AM
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount_com!

We do apologize for any inconveniences. We have researched this situation further and we are showing that your original response was made on on February 28th, 2008 stating that your order was not received. However, we are showing that a response was made that same day, February 28th, 2008 stating that we needed you to confirm your shipping address and a replacement would be sent and their was no response until now. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to process a reshipment or a refund.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount_com. We appreciate your business.

Regards,

Customer Service Department

Customer (a a) - 02/24/2009 10:12 AM
Please note - that the initial order may well be over a year old, but the
notification that it had not been received was less than one month after you
shipped the item! No-one contacted me to arrange replacement or refund at
that stage, and as you never resolved the issue a refund should be
forthcoming. What's the point of me notifying you that the order did not
arrive - and you still expect me to pay for non-existent goods.

You state that "Our records indicate that order # 20256973 was shipped on
01/30 via USPS Media Mail, which normally takes 5-10 business days to
arrive."

That was already 14 days after the order was initially placed. I logged a
'not received' call (Ref 080228-000655) when I did not receive the item, and
had placed another order in the meantime, which also never arrived - and I
forgot to notify you of that. I realise that the sums of money involved are
only small, but if I was to believe that this is the normal behaviour, then
1000 small sums of money add up to one large sum of money. It's not the
amount, it's the principal of the fact that I contacted you and you did
nothing to solve the outstanding issue(s).

Expectations are simple, a simple in-store credit would be nice, to
encourage me to purchase from yourselves again as we all love watching
movies etc. The excuse 'It's Been More Than A Year' does not fit when I
clearly proved that I contacted you within 30 days of the order shipping.

Regards
Paul.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Deepdiscount
cs_DeepDiscount_com wrote:

Response (sg) - 02/24/2009 08:57 AM

We do apologize for any inconveniences. Unfortunately, we are showing that a previous email sent to you had confirmed that a reshipment would be processed for the order not received. However, this order is well over a year old and we are not able to do so since we do have a 30 day policy. Therefore, a reshipment or a refund is not able to be processed at this time.

Regards,

cs_DeepDiscount_com

Customer (a a) - 02/23/2009 11:26 PM
I am still waiting for clarification on this...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 2:39 PM
To: Deepdiscount

I'm confused - first you say you will and then you say you won't. After the
first order did not arrived I contacted you to chase and got no resolution.
You can see that from your response creating the incident. Please clarify
your intentions. I am not worried about the items being reshipped if they
are unavailable....

Regards
Paul.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Deepdiscount <
cs_DeepDiscount_com> wrote:

Customer (a a) - 02/20/2009 01:42 PM
I'm confused - first you say you will and then you say you won't. After the
first order did not arrived I contacted you to chase and got no resolution.
You can see that from your response creating the incident. Please clarify
your intentions. I am not worried about the items being reshipped if they
are unavailable....

Regards
Paul.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Deepdiscount <

Response (as) - 02/20/2009 10:18 AM

We apologize for any inconveniences. Unfortunately, we are unable to reship the orders you have requested. We are showing both orders are from January and February of 2008. We have a 30 day policy on items claimed as non received. We will not be able to fulfill your request. Again, we do apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you.

Regards,

cs_DeepDiscount_com

Customer (a a) - 02/19/2009 08:42 AM
Can you please confirm that BOTH orders that were placed in January and
February 2008 are being replaced as I did not receive either of them.....?

orderId=20256973>
orderId=20576130>

Yes, the shipping address as listed below is correct, but they never
arrived....

Many thanks
Paul.

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Deepdiscount <

Response (tm) - 02/18/2009 11:20 PM

Our records indicate that order # 20256973 was shipped on 01/30 via USPS Media Mail, which normally takes 5-10 business days to arrive. Your package was shipped to:

XXXX XXXXXXX
XXXX XX XXXX XX
XXX XXXXX, XX
XXXX-XXXX, US.

Please verify that the shipping address above is correct. We will issue a refund for the lost item and replace the item on a separate order as well as a recharge on your credit card for the replacement order upon receipt of your reply.

We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

cs_DeepDiscount_com

Customer (a a) - 02/17/2009 03:27 PM
Name : Paul Kennedy
Phone : XXX XXX XXXX
Store : Deep Discount
Order #: Multi
Reason : Funny thing, I placed 2 orders back in January 2008, and never received them. I forgot all about them till I was deleting old emails and just came across the orders.... I think I tried contacting you once and got no reply.....

It was reference Incident:080228-000655

Neither of the items ever arrived and to be honest I forgot all about them. Can someone contact me to clarify..

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner at Infinity Resources Inc. and is
believed to be clean.

Auto-Response - 02/17/2009 03:27 PM
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount_com.

Please do not reply to this automated notification. We prioritize our e-mail by the order in which it was received, so there is no need to send multiple messages regarding the same issue. We typically respond to messages within one (1) business day, excluding holidays, which may take longer due to the high increase of traffic.

If you are looking for the status of your order we encourage you to use our online order status feature. Please follow the steps below:

1. Log into your account using the log-in link located on the top of our website.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "your account" located in the order information section.

3. There you may view order history, track shipments, or make changes to your account settings..

Regards,

cs_DeepDiscount_com

[---001:006715:09780---]
Old 02-24-09, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Deep Discount - Discourteous Staff - Lack Of Customer Service - Dishonest Practic

I placed an order with Deep Discount back on the 16th January 2008.

I contacted them on 28th February 2008 to notify them that I still had not received the item ordered.

I subsequently placed a second order for a different item in the meantime.

I never received either item, and to be honest I forgot all about them.

It was only recently when dissecting old emails that I discover that these items were still outstanding.
Bottom line: It's your fault that you allowed an entire year to pass by without resolving this matter. I can't imagine that any online shop would have responded any differently under the circumstance.
Old 02-24-09, 03:13 PM

Re: Deep Discount - Discourteous Staff - Lack Of Customer Service - Dishonest Practic

Sounds like their email got lost (it happens), and you forgot about it until a year later. Yet somehow this translates to being DD's problem?
Old 02-24-09, 03:52 PM

It is an unfortunate set of circumstances. I had a similar thing happen with an order for some checks. The checks never shipped, so I was never charged for the item.

It is easy to lose track of things - especially if you do a lot of online transactions.

I can see both sides of this issue. It would seem that Deep Discount could meet you halfway - either with a store credit or something similar.
Old 02-24-09, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This situation reminded me of a Wire episode I watched last night when a known murderer is arrested for one he actually didn't commit. He wasn't guilty of this crime, but he's definitely guilty. DD's site and service suck. I don't even bother with it anymore. I do have the option of going to their local store here, but ever since their grand opening sales ended in summer 2007 it hasn't really been worth the trip anyway.
Old 02-24-09, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard View Post
Bottom line: It's your fault that you allowed an entire year to pass by without resolving this matter. I can't imagine that any online shop would have responded any differently under the circumstance.
Yep, you have to keep abreast of what you order. If something gets lost in the mail (which is not the merchant's fault) and you completely forget that you ever ordered anything, you can't expect the merchant to recompense you a full year later when you suddenly remember the order. Think of it as an unofficial consumer's statute of limitations. It's just a matter of being alert and reasonable in your transactions. Sounds like you're out of luck.
Old 02-24-09, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

However, we are showing that a response was made that same day, February 28th, 2008 stating that we needed you to confirm your shipping address and a replacement would be sent and their was no response until now. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to process a reshipment or a refund.
I dunno, maybe in an obtuse way they're still waiting for you to confirm your shipping address. Did you try sending it?
Old 02-24-09, 06:31 PM

You must order a lot of stuff to forget about an order.

I keep all the shipping confirmations in my inbox until received. That way I know what's still outstanding.

James
Old 02-27-09, 12:26 AM

There was obviously some sort of mistake made at some point if you never got your items, but I think by now its partially your fault for not continuing contact with them within a reasonable amount of time.

Did I read correct.... You only sent one email to them saying you didn't get your first order and didn't even contact them about the second order until just recently?

The missing email you never received is one thing but your other order is way past the 30 day policy. Missing emails happen, you should have contacted them again saying it was still unresolved, maybe a little less that a year later.
Old 02-27-09, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard View Post
Even the bank can't help them any more. A consumer only has 60 days to dispute the charges (such as a payment online to Deep Discount) so he's screwed on both ends. Why should Deep Discount pick up the tab on a replacement order when the OP failed to provide confirmation of the shipping address and additional information?

There was a similar situation with me with Deep Discount...but I got the order. It just arrived damaged. I kept on forgetting to contact them about a replacement and it wasn't until SEVERAL months later that I contacted them. I talked to an actual person and they begrudgingly allowed me to get a replacement. I don't know if those were just different times for the company (they were generally well loved...the DVD was Citizen Ruth which I decided to buy not too long after seeing Election) or maybe they just saw it was an $8.00 DVD and figured what the hell or saw how much I ordered from them and figured I wasn't going to scam them on a cheap DVD. If they refused me, I would have gotten on with my life and paid for a new copy.
Old 03-01-09, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yup...a year is to long...I don't blame DD.
Old 03-01-09, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can understand I've had problems with DDD not sending an order. I would call and call and complain and finally after 4 months I canceled the order. They sent it to me 8 months later.
Old 03-02-09, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Green Smurf View Post
I can understand I've had problems with DDD not sending an order. I would call and call and complain and finally after 4 months I canceled the order. They sent it to me 8 months later.
I've had similar things happen. I once ordered some stuff from them, about $30 worth of goods. They charged me and shipped the stuff. There was a bit of an ordeal because one item was out of stock so we decided to cancel that item and ship the rest. 9 Months later I get charged again for the stuff because apparently the order was listed as "open" and they figured I had never gotten it. It was quite the pain to try to explain to their less than intelligent customer service what had happened and to cancel the charge and not ship the order... again.
Old 03-02-09, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah. With Deepdiscount you really have to keep track of those orders. I have heard many horror stories about them.
Old 04-08-09, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Never had a problem with Deep Discount and have ordered from them many times. They do seem to have the slowest shipping on Earth sometimes, but it's random. On my most recent order, I received a DVD that had been shipped 2 days previously while still waiting for one that had been shipped 9 days earlier.
Old 04-08-09, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Apparently the OP has a problem with forgetting things. He's even forgotten about this thread
Old 04-08-09, 10:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MoviePage View Post
Never had a problem with Deep Discount and have ordered from them many times. They do seem to have the slowest shipping on Earth sometimes, but it's random. On my most recent order, I received a DVD that had been shipped 2 days previously while still waiting for one that had been shipped 9 days earlier.
Same here, I've ordered from them lots of times in the past (usually only during the biannual sales) and never had a problem with them. Even the shipping is usually about average to other sites I order from.
Old 04-09-09, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And he didn't bold the highlights
Old 04-09-09, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah I'm not reading all that shit, so I'll agree that waiting a year to inquire about a lost package = possible consumption issues.

And I used DD for years and never had problems, rarely use em after Amazon started bringing it though.
Old 04-09-09, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by naitram View Post
Yeah I'm not reading all that shit, so I'll agree that waiting a year to inquire about a lost package = possible consumption issues.

And I used DD for years and never had problems, rarely use em after Amazon started bringing it though.
It's a couple months old, but I'll make it easier to read.

--He ordered something in the middle of January last year.

--It didn't ship until a couple weeks later.

--End of February and it still isn't there.

--He sends letter saying it's not there.

--They ask for him to confirm the shipping address.

--He doesn't reply and forgets the whole thing.

--One year later he finds the emails and gets back in touch with them.

--They say since it's so old, they can only refund the money and have him do a new order.

--He doesn't like that idea so he posts about it here.
Old 04-09-09, 02:24 PM

Whenever I have had trouble with DD, and call within a reasonable time frame, I have had nothing but good experiences with DD's customer service.
Old 04-09-09, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers View Post
It's a couple months old, but I'll make it easier to read.

--He ordered something in the middle of January last year.

--It didn't ship until a couple weeks later.

--End of February and it still isn't there.

--He sends letter saying it's not there.

--They ask for him to confirm the shipping address.

--He doesn't reply and forgets the whole thing.

--One year later he finds the emails and gets back in touch with them.

--They say since it's so old, they can only refund the money and have him do a new order.

--He doesn't like that idea so he posts about it here.
Except that DD repeatedly says in their emails that since it has been so long they won't issue a refund or reship the order.
Old 04-09-09, 06:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jjcool View Post
Except that DD repeatedly says in their emails that since it has been so long they won't issue a refund or reship the order.
Actually, dd.com did refund in the end.
Old 04-10-09, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had problems with DD during their last sale. Bought a bunch of stuff, had issues with it leaving in a timely manner and had issues with it arriving. Customer service was a pain in the ass about it. I know they're backed up during these sales so I gave them some leeway but I'm done with them. The 20% off isn't worth it anymore for me.
Old 04-10-09, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Condensed View Post
Actually, dd.com did refund in the end.
Perhaps I missed it, but where did the OP state this?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.